Integrated Program in Management (IPM) is a dual-degree course (Bachelors + Masters) in management at IIM Indore. The course was started in the year 2011 with a vision of training young 12th standard passed students in management. Currently, it is the only course at any IIM that admits 12th passed candidates. This article solely focuses on the IPM exam i.e. IPMAT meant for admission to this course.
Suggested: Read in detail about the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad (ISB Hyderabad).
List of Contents
- Selection Procedure.
- Number of Seats Available.
- Date of Examination.
- Language of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Course Fee Structure.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Examination Pattern.
- Application Form.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
- Aspiring students must fill up an application form that would help understand a student’s proficiency in academics as well in co-curricular activities.
- The students then need to sit for an objective type entrance exam called the Aptitude Test (AT).
- Shortlisted candidates appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interviews (PI).
Number of Seats Available
IIM Indore admits about 120 candidates every year for IPM course.
IPM Exam Date
The IPM exam i.e. the written exam is usually conducted in the mid of May every year.
In 2017, the IPM exam was conducted on 16th May 2017 in 28 cities across the nation.
IPM Exam Medium
The IPMAT exam or IPM exam is conducted only in ENGLISH medium.
Type of Examination
The IPMAT exam or IPM exam is a Computer-based Objective type test.
- Qualifying Examination: Applicants must have scored minimum 60% aggregate (55% aggregate marks in SC/ST) marks in the 10th and 12th standard.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for IPM exam is 20 years (22 Years for SC/ST) as measured on 31st July 2017.
IPM Exam Pattern
Aptitude Test (AT)
Aimed at understanding a student’s Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Proficiency in English and Mathematics, AT follows the following pattern:
- One section to test Quantitative Ability.
- One section to test Verbal Ability.
- A total of 100 questions.
- Within a time duration of 2 hours.
- Each question carries 4 marks.
- Negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- Time given for Quantitative ability is 75 minutes and for Verbal ability is 45 minutes.
Personal Interview (PI)
Conducted by well-qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institution, PI aims at judging a student’s:
- Level of Confidence.
- Communication Skills.
- General Awareness.
- Persuasion Skills.
Written Ability Test (WAT)
WAT is a test where candidates are required to write an essay on the given topic in the duration of 30 minutes. It is administered to the candidates who are shortlisted for PI, based on their performance in AT. WAT and PI will be conducted on the same day. WAT is used to assess a candidate’s:
- language ability.
- coherence and organization.
- ideas and arguments expressed.
Weightage of each component
|Aptitude test score (ATS)||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||35|
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||15|
- The application form for IPM exam is usually released in the month of March on the official website of IIM Indore.
- The application process for IPM exam is completely online for eligible candidates. Applicants have to register online by filling the form, uploading the requisite documents and depositing the exam fee.
- General/Non-creamy OBC: Rs. 1400.
- Reserved category (SC/ST/PWD): Rs. 700.
|IPM Exam Application dates||Mid March – Mid April|
|IPM exam Admit Card||May|
|IPM Exam Date (IPMAT)||Mid May|
|Result of Aptitude Test||May End|
|Conduction of Personal Interview (PI)||1st Week of June|
|Final Results||Last week of June|
|Commencement of Classes||August|
|Application of Link||Link|
|IIM Indore Official Website||http://www.iimidr.ac.in/|
|IPM Programme Page||http://www.iimidr.ac.in/academic-programmes/five-year-integrated-programme-in-management-ipm/|
|IPM Program Admission Page||http://www.iimidr.ac.in/academic-programmes/five-year-integrated-programme-in-management-ipm/ipm-admissions-details/|
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for similar updates in near future. Also, comment below if you have any queries.