For details on IPM IIM Indore Admissions, read the article on IPMAT exam.
IPM or the Integrated Program in Management is a 5-year integrated course launched by IIM Indore in 2011. It is the first ever course of its kind available at any IIM that admits candidates right after the 10+2 level of study. The first three years of the IPM program focus on UG studies while the rest of 3 years are spent in PG studies. Students for the program are selected through an annually held national entrance exam called IPMAT or the IPM exam.
The applicants for the IPM course at IIM Indore are selected via the annually held IPM exam. The IPM exam usually takes place during May of that year with applications being released in March. The two-stage admission process for the IPM course at IIM Indore, comprise of a written exam (Aptitude Test) followed by a Personal Interview (PI).
Suggested: Learn in detail about the IPMAT 2018 examination.
List of Contents
- Examination Date.
- Fee Structure.
- Accommodation (Hostel).
- Course Structure.
- Learning Goals
- Important links.
IPMAT Exam Date
The IPMAT 2018 or IPM Entrance exam will be held in the 2nd week of May 2018.
The official notification for IPM IIM Indore admissions is usually released in the month of March every year.
IPM Fee Structure
The course fee for resident Indians for the first three years of the IPM would be:
- Rs. 4,00,000/- (Rupees four lakh) per annum for Indian Resident.
- Rs. 6,00,000/- (Rupees six lakh) per annum for Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be as per prevailing Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) fees.
- The course fee includes lodging, access to lectures, computer facilities, and library.
|Course||Indian Student (per annum in Rs.)||NRI Candidate/OCI (per annum in Rs.)|
|Total course fee (5-year)||28,00,000||39,00,000|
- Accommodation would be arranged on sharing basis for the first three years of IPM.
- Single room accommodation would be made available for the fourth and fifth years of the Programme.
IPM Course Structure
In the First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Stochastic Modelling
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macroeconomics
- Indian Economy
- Money, Banking, and Finance
- International Trade
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- India & World Politics
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management.
- Languages: English, Sanskrit, Spanish, German
- Foundation Courses in Science & Engineering
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Film Making, Painting, Sculpture, Dance, Music.
In the Next 2 Years
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops.
IPM IIM Indore Learning Goals
The Learning goal at IPM Indore is split into two:
- First 3 years of UG (Under Graduate) Level Education.
- Next 2 years of PG (Post Graduate) Level Education.
First 3 Years of UG (Focuses On Building a Foundation)
In the first 3 years, IPM IIM Indore will enable students to:
- Demonstrate Language Skills.
- Demonstrate Oral Communication Skills.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Foundational Subjects for Management Studies.
- Demonstrate an Awareness of Ethical Understanding.
- Enhance Physical Well-being.
Next 2 Years of PG (Focuses On Management)
In the next 2 years, IPM IIM Indore will enable students to:
- Understand Relevance of Context to Business.
- Develop Social Consciousness.
- Develop Critical Thinking Skills.
- Inculcate Integrative Thinking Ability.
- Promote Interpersonal Awareness and Ability to Work in Groups.
- Learn how to Apply the Basic Principles of Communication in order to write Effective Business Messages, Case Analysis, and Reports.
- Develop Competence in Quantitative Analysis.
- Prepare Business Leaders with a Sound Understanding of Ethics.
The IPM IIM Indore course consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months.
Three Major Elements of the Foundation
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics, and Economics (to build analytical rigor).
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with Courses in Economics (to provide an understanding of the disciplines on which management is based).
- Courses in Science, Engineering, Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts (to provide perspective).
IPM IIM Indore Internship
IPM students are required to:
- Complete a Social Internship at the end of 3rd Year.
- Do a Business Internship between 4th and 5th Year.
|Application of Link||Link|
|IIM Indore Official Website||http://www.iimidr.ac.in/|
|IPM Programme Page||http://www.iimidr.ac.in/academic-programmes/five-year-integrated-programme-in-management-ipm/|
|IPM Program Admission Page||http://www.iimidr.ac.in/academic-programmes/five-year-integrated-programme-in-management-ipm/ipm-admissions-details/|
Stay Tuned for more updates on IPM Program in the future. Also, like, share and follow us on Facebook for similar updates in near future. Comment below if you have any queries.