The article is about the admission procedure of the Integrated M.Tech (iMTech) course available at IIIT Bangalore. The degree course was added to IIIT Bangalore’s course catalog, previously lacking a bachelor’s course in any form, in 2012. The first batch of this 5-year integrated course (B.Tech + M.Tech) in supposed to graduate this year.
List of Contents
- Basis for admission.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to apply?
- Branches available.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
Basis for Admission
Admissions to the Integrated M.Tech (iMTech) program are on the basis JEE (Main) paper – 1 score (NOT JEE (Main) AIR).
- Qualifying Examination: An applicant must be first class pass in 12th std exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied Mathematics in 12th std as one of the subjects.
- Age Limit: No age limit is mentioned on the official website of IIIT Bangalore B.Tech Admissions page.
How to Apply
The application fee to be paid for Integrated M.Tech (often mispronounced as IIIT Bangalore B Tech course) is Rs. 1000 (Non-Refundable).
The application portal for IIIT Bangalore Integrated M.Tech (Often searched as IIIT Bangalore B Tech Admissions) course opened on 1st May 2017 and will shut down on 31st May 2017.
Interested candidates can follow the link http://iiitb.in/applynow/#/ in order to apply for IIIT Bangalore B Tech admissions.
The whole application process is divided into 4 major steps:
- Candidate Registration.
- Application fee submission (Rs. 1,000).
- Confirmation of registration by the candidate through Email.
- Logging in, completing the rest of application and final submission.
As previously mentioned, the duration of the program will be minimum of 05 years. This integrated M.Tech program offers two branches:
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering ( ECE).
Students admitted in Computer Science Engineering (CSE) can specialize in following streams:-
- Theoretical Computer science.
- Data Science.
- Software Engineering.
Students admitted in Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) can specialize in following streams:-
- Microelectronics and VLSI.
- Networking and communication.
- Signal processing.
At the end of the five years programme, successful students will be conferred upon M.Tech degree.
It is also notified by the Institution that an additional B.Tech degree will be awarded subject to pending clarification on UGC notification regarding the matter of awarding two degrees at the time of graduation.
|Application portal||1st May – 31st May 2017.|
|Publication of list of selected candidates||6th June 2017.|
|Joining Date||31st July 2017|
|Commencement of the new session||1st August 2017|
|Use of link||Link|
|IIIT Bangalore official site||https://www.iiitb.ac.in/|
|iMTech Application Portal||http://iiitb.in/applynow/#/|
|Fee Structure and other details||http://edupadhai.com/iiit-bangalore/|
Please like, share and follow us on facebook for all future updates. Also, comment below in the case of any further queries.