The application portal for IIFT Exam is currently closed.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
IIFT or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is a govt-run management school established in 1963 at New Delhi, India. The B-School came into existence when a need to improvise the field of foreign trade was felt in the country. IIFT is the best institute in the country that offers an MBA in International Business (I.B). With continued success in education, the institute was conferred deemed status in 2002 and an autonomy in functioning. Currently, the institute is ranked among the top 10 B-Schools in the country by leading national media houses.
Suggested: Learn in detail about the Integrated Program in Management at IIM Indore.
IIFT Admission Procedure (IIFT Exam)
IIFT conducts an autonomous entrance exam for admission to its MBA in I.B program. This exam is conducted on a yearly basis with around 270 seats being offered against 50,000 applications. Admission to the MBA in I.B program is through a 4-stage process comprising of the Written exam (IIFT Exam), followed by Group Discussion (GD), Essay Writing and Personal Interview. In 2015, 45,000 candidates appeared for the exam out of which 1500 cleared the written exam.
List of Contents
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination.
- Language of Examination.
- IIFT Campuses.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Courses at IIFT 2017.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card
- Exam Pattern
- Important Dates
- Important Links
Mode of Answering
IIFT exam is conducted in OFFLINE mode only.
IIFT Exam Date
IIFT Exam 2018 will be held in the 4th week of November 2017.
Language of Examination
IIFT exam 2018 written exam shall be conducted in ENGLISH language.
IIFT or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade has two campuses in the nation:
- IIFT, New Delhi.
- IIFT, Kolkata.
IIFT Exam Eligibility
- Nationality: Both Foreign and Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for IIFT 2018 admissions. However, foreign candidates need to submit their GMAT scores as they are not eligible to appear for IIFT exam.
- Graduation: Candidate must be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline.
- Candidates studying in the final year of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by October 7, 2018.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for IIFT Exam 2018.
How to Apply?
Students can apply through both, offline as well as the online mode for IIFT Exam 2018 applications.
- Candidates can purchase the application form (available with prospectus) through cash or Demand Draft (DD) of amount 1550 (Rs. 775 for SC/ST/PH).
- The next step is to fill the form attached to the prospectus carefully and send it to the following address:
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi- 110016
IIFT Exam 2018 Application fees will be Rs. 1550 for general category candidates and will be Rs. 750 for SC/ST and Physically handicapped candidates.
This application fees can be paid online through either:
- Debit/ credit card or
- Net banking or
- Demand Draft drew in favor of” Indian Institute of Foreign Trade”, payable at New Delhi.
Photograph and Signature Specification
- Scanned Image of candidate’s recent photograph. The size must not be more than 50 KB, while the format must be in .jpg/.jpeg format only. The background of the photograph must be light/white background.
- Scanned candidate’s signature. The size must not be more than 50 KB, while the format must be in .jpg/.jpeg format only. The signature must be on a white background with a black ink pen.
- Click on the link given on the official site to start this process.
- As soon as you click on the link, registration page. Then, click on “Apply Now” and select the category under which the candidates want to apply.
- Enter all required basic details to register the test carefully. Submit the form once you’ve completed filling the details.
- On successful submission, the application number will be generated and will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate.
- There will be a password generated and an application number which can be used later in order to log in.
- Now, candidates can follow the link and enter all the remaining necessary details.
- If you have successfully registered, an email will be sent to the registered email address of candidates regarding successful registration.
- Once you’ve received the mail, candidates are required to pay the application fee. The fee can be paid via online as well as offline mode. (Both are discussed above)
- Upload your scanned photograph and scanned signature according to the prescribed size and format.
- Once you have completed this, you must take a print out of the application form for future reference.
Kindly log out once you are done with the registration part.
Candidates can apply online and pay the fees through DD. The application form and the DD must reach the following address within 10 days from the date of registration.
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi- 110016
Candidates must mention their name and application number on the backside of the Demand Draft.
IIFT Exam 2018 Admit Card will be sent to all the candidates by post, in the second week of November 2017. Candidates can also download their admit card through online medium.
Candidates must carry a valid photo identity card along with the admit card to the exam center.
IIFT Exam Pattern
IIFT exam 2018 shall be a 2-hour long Pen/Paper test. The whole test paper will mainly comprise of the following 4 sections:
- English Comprehension (Reading Comprehension + English Usage).
- General Knowledge and Awareness.
- Logical Reasoning (Logical Reasoning + Data Interpretation).
- Quantitative Analysis.
Apart from the above information, nothing concrete can be said about IIFT exam as the pattern varies every year.
The IIFT exam pattern for last 3 year had the following features:
|Year||Negative Marking||English Comprehension||GK||Quantitative Analysis||Logical Reasoning||No. of Questions|
|2017||1/3rd per Question||16 + 20 (1 M/Q + ¾ M/Q)||25 Qs (1/2 M/Q)||20 Qs (1 M/Q)||22 Qs + 20 Qs (3/4 M/Q + 1 M/Q)||123|
|2016||1/3rd per Question||16 Qs + 20 Qs (1 M/Q + ¾ M/Q)||28 Qs (1/2 M/Q)||22 Qs (1 M/Q)||20 Qs + 18 Qs (3/4 M/Q + 1 M/Q)||124|
|2015||1/3rd per Question||17 Qs + 20 Qs (1 M/Q + ¾ M/Q)||26 Qs (1/2 M/Q)||20 Qs (1 M/Q)||20 Qs + 15 Qs (1 M/Q + 1 M/Q)||118|
Must Read: Know the books necessary for Management entrance exam preparation.
The institute will release the scorecard of the IIFT exam 2018 in the fourth week of December 2017.
Once the IIFT written exam is done, students are shortlisted for the next rounds which are Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
|IIFT Exam Registration||2nd Week of July 2017.|
|Last date for obtaining Application form across the counter at IIFT (By Cash)/ By Post||September 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration||September 2017|
|Admit Cards||2nd week of November 2017|
|IIFT Written Examination Date||4th week of November 2017|
|Last date for obtaining prospectus and receipt of applications for Foreign Nationals/ NRIs/ Children of NRIs||February 2018|
|Application of Link||Link|
|IIFT Official website||http://tedu.iift.ac.in/iift/index.php|
|IIFT Exam Official website||http://iiftadmissions.net.in/|
More links will be displayed after the official publishing of the same.
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for updates of IIFT admissions. Also, comment below if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article.