Last updated on June 4th, 2018 at 12:42 pm
Latest NEET UG 2018 Updates
NEET 2018 Results have been announced. Click here to check your results.
NEET 2018 Admit cards have been released. Visit the NEET Admit card portal to download your cards.
NEET UG 2018 application portal is closed now. Click here to know important dates.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) UG is an annually-held All India level Medical Entrance Examination. The NEET system was instituted in 2017 as a single entrance exam for all MBBS/BDS courses in India (except AIIMS and JIPMER). CBSE, New Delhi conducts the exam on behalf of Medical Council of India in 10 different languages (including Hindi & English). The inclusion of 10 languages as a medium, was to promote students from every state for taking NEET. In 2017, close to 1.2 million students took the NEET-UG entrance exam.
Suggested: Learn in detail about the AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam.
Also Read: Read in detail about JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admissions.
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Number of Available Seats.
- Language of Examination.
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply for NEET-UG?
- Admit Card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Answer Key.
- Important Links.
|Availability of Application Form||8th Feb 2018|
|Online Registration Opening Date||8th Feb 2018|
|Online Registration Closing Date||12th March 2018 (5:30 PM IST) (Postponed)|
|Correction Window||12th March – 16th March 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2018 (Released)|
|NEET UG 2018 Exam Date||6th May 2018 (Sunday)|
|NEET UG 2018 Result Declaration||5th June 2018 (Declared)|
|Counselling Begins||12th June – 31st August|
NEET UG 2018 Seats
The total number of seats available for NEET UG 2018 Exam will be about 65,305 (MBBS + BDS).
NEET UG 2018 Languages
The NEET UG 2018 Exam will be conducted in the following 10 languages:
Type of Examination
NEET UG 2018 Exam is an Offline, i.e., Pen and Paper Based Examination.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Date
The NEET UG 2018 will be held in the 6th May 2018.
NEET UG 2018 Eligibility
All the Candidates applying for NEET UG 2018 must have a valid an Aadhar Card.
Candidates of the following Nationality can apply for NEET UG 2018 exam:
- Citizen of India
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals (FN)
NEET UG 2018 Age Limit
- Minimum Age: 17 Years (as on or before 31st December 2018)
- Maximum Age: 25 Years.
- Date of Birth: Applicant must have been born in between 7th May 1993 and 1st Jan 2002 in order to be considered eligible.
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the upper limit of DOB shall be 8th May 1988.
- Age Relaxation: 5 Years for SC/ST/OBC category students.
- Clause 1: The Candidate must have passed the 12th Exam or any equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or any other elective subject, along with English being a mandatory subject. Candidate must have studied PCB for the last two years i.e. from 11th onwards.
- The Candidate must pass the BSc. Examination of an Indian University with at least Two of the following Subjects—Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physics Biotechnology. Clause 1 holds true along with this clause.
- Students enrolled in the first year of any 3-years degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology (along with practical) as subjects from a recognized university. Clause 1 holds true along with this clause.
- Students appearing for the qualifying examination in 2018 are also eligible for NEET UG 2018.
- Students who have taken 12 years of regular schooling are only eligible for NEET UG 2018. NIOS students are not eligible.
Marks in Qualifying Examination
The minimum marks in the PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology) together will be:
|Gen – PH||45%|
Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana are NOT ELIGIBLE for All India 15% Quotas. However, if such candidates are willing to apply under the All India Quota, they may submit a Self-Declaration.
NEET UG 2018 Application
Only Online applications will be accepted for NEET UG 2018.
Application portal for NEET 2018 is closed now.
NEET UG 2018 Application Fees
The application fee for NEET UG 2018 is detailed below in the table present.
|General/OBC Category||Rs. 1,400|
Application Fee can only be submitted via following Medias
- Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Net Banking and UPI.
- E-wallet from various vendors (PayTm, MobiKwik etc).
Documents to be kept ready
Candidates were required keeping the following documents ready before applying for NEET exam.
- Aadhar Card/Aadhar enrollment number for Indian Nationals. But in the case of AP, Telangana and J & K residents, any ID issued by Govt of India shall be applicable.
- Scanned Passport sized color photograph against a white background with Name of Candidate and date of taking photo printed below it. – JPG format – (10 to 100 Kb size).
- Scanned Signature – JPG format – (3 to 20 Kb).
- NRI/OCI/Foreign Nationals/PIO must keep their passport ready.
Steps of Applying
NEET UG 2018 Application involves the following steps:
- Registering from the official site and providing Basic details.
- Uploading the above-mentioned documents.
- Payment of application fee.
- Taking a printout of the confirmation page and keeping it for future reference.
NEET UG 2018 Admit Card
- NEET UG 2018 Admit Card has been issued and is available for download through NEET UG admit card portal.
- A candidate needs to enter the registration number, date of birth and security code to access his/her admit card.
- The authority will not send any of the Admit Cards via post.
- The Admit Card will contain details like Candidate Name, Father’s Name, Category, Photograph, Roll No, Exam Date and Timing, Exam Centre, etc.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Pattern
NEET UG 2018 will be of 3-hours duration comprising of 180 questions in total. Each question will carry 4 marks, taking the maximum marks to 720.
Negative marking of 1 mark will be there for every wrong answer.
|Mode of Answering||Pen/Paper i.e. Offline mode.|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Maximum Marks||720 marks|
NEET UG 2018 Syllabus
Section 1: Physics
11th Standard Syllabus
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of System Particles.
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Behavior of Perfect Gases
- Rigid Body Rotation
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillation and Waves
12th Standard Syllabus
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
Section 2: Chemistry
11th Standard Syllabus
- Structure of Atoms
- Classification of Elements
- Periodicity in Property
- Chemical Bonding
- Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Redox Reaction
- s-block and p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
12th Standard Syllabus
- Solid Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- d-block and f-block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry
- Haloalkanes and Haloalkenes
- Carboxylic Acid
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Section 3: Biology
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Application
- Ecology and Environment
NEET UG 2018 Answer Key
The answer key of NEET UG 2018 Exam will be available on their Official Website only after the completion of the Examination.
NEET UG 2018 Results
NEET UG 2018 Results have been announced on 5th June 2018.
Visit http://cbseresults.nic.in/neet18qry/neetJ18.htm to check your results.
- A candidate is required to search for his name and roll number in order to view his result.
- Students are required to download and keep a print out of the result.
- Performance in the Written Examination will be considered for the determination of the Merit List.
|Application of Link||Link|
|NEET UG 2018 Application Portal||Closed|
|NEET UG 2018 Official website||http://cbseneet.nic.in/|
|NEET UG 2018 Information Brochure||Information Brochure|
|CBSE Results portal||http://cbseresults.nic.in/|
|Exam Centres Available||Inside the official information brochure.|
|NEET UG 2018 Official Syllabus||Inside the official information brochure.|
|NEET UG 2018 Results||http://cbseresults.nic.in/neet18qry/neetJ18.htm|
Disclaimer: The contents of this page are to the best of our knowledge and accuracy and are based on the latest notification (known to us) published by official site (preceding or current year as applicable) of institution/ examination conducting body. EduPadhai shall not be responsible for any inaccuracy or omission in the information posted on this page in form of article, comments (either by EduPadhai or any individual/institution) or contents in any other form whatsoever and does not attract any legal action.