JIPMER 2018 application portal is currently closed.
JIPMER or Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research is public hospital cum medical cum research institute located in Puducherry, India. Established in 1823, JIPMER is the oldest medical school that teaches European Medicine in Asia. In 2008, JIPMER was crowned an “Institute of National Importance (INI)”, for being an indispensable organ of medical studies in India.
Every year JIPMER conducts a national-level Entrance Examination to admit 200 students to its MBBS course. It is the second institute in India after AIIMS, New Delhi, which is entitled to conduct a separate entrance exam for MBBS admissions.
Suggested: Learn in detail about AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admissions.
Also Read: Learn in great detail about the NEET 2018.
List of Contents
- Number of Seats Available.
- Language of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
JIPMER 2018 Seats
The total number of seats sanctioned in the JIPMER MBBS course is 200. This includes 150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry and another 50 at JIPMER, Karaikal.
Language of Examination
The JIPMER 2018 examination will be conducted in English language only.
Mode of Answering
The JIPMER 2018 examination will be a computer-based test (CBT).
JIPMER 2018 Exam Date
The JIPMER 2018 examination will be held in the first week of June 2018.
JIPMER 2018 Eligibility
Candidates bearing following nationalities are eligible for the entrance test:
- Indian Citizens
Applicants must have:
- Passed the 12th or Equivalent Exam from a recognized board.
- Studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as main subjects in the 12th
- Obtained minimum 50% marks (GEN), 40% (SC/ST/OBC/OPH), 45% (GEN-OPH) in 12th board or equivalent exam.
Age should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2018, at the time of admission. No age relaxation is available for reserved category.
How to Apply?
- Candidates will have to fill the application form of JIPMER 2018 that would be made available on their official website and submit it via online mode only.
- There is no availability of any off-line mode for the submission of Application Forms.
- The application form will be available from the fourth week of March 2018.
- Applicants will be allowed to fill the form until the first week of May 2018.
JIPMER 2018 Application Fee
General category students need to pay Rs 1,200 towards application fee for JIPMER 2018. However, the application fee is Rs 1,000 for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
For NRI/OCI students, the fee is Rs 2,500 and an exemption is there for OPH category students.
Payment of Application Fees for JIPMER 2018 must be made online via:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- The candidates must have their photos clicked while holding a placard with his/her name written on the placard, along with the date of taking the photograph written below the name.
- The Photograph must be taken against a light background and should have been clicked after 31stJan 2018.
- File Format: JPG only.
- File size: 20 – 200 Kb.
- The Photograph must be given the filename “Candidate Photograph.jpg” before uploading.
- The Signature must be made with a black ball point pen inside a box sized 80 mm X 35 mm.
- Save the signature file as “Candidate Signature.jpg”.
- File Format: JPG only.
- File Size: 20 – 200 Kb.
- Go to the official Website of JIPMER.
- Click on “Apply Online for JIPMER 2018”
- Fill in the basic details, qualification details, postal address, exam city, center preferences, etc.
- Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature.
- Preview the form before submitting by clicking on “Preview Application Form” button and check it carefully.
- Then, click on “I Agree” button.
- An email will be received confirming the Candidate ID and Password.
- Log in with that Candidate ID and Password and proceed further.
- Choose the Payment Mode and make online Payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Take a printout of the Application form for later use.
JIPMER 2018 Admit Card
Regarding the JIPMER 2018 Admit Card, the following Points must be noted:
- The JIPMER 2018 Admit Card will be available most probably in the 3rd week of May 2018.
- Applicants who have successfully submitted their applications can download their Admit Card from the official Website of JIPMER.
- No hard copy of the Admit Card would be sent to the Applicants.
- The Admit Card will contain details such as the name, photograph, date of birth of the candidate, the venue, date and time of the Exam Centre, etc.
- The candidates are required to enter their application number and password in order to download their Admit Card.
- Candidates are needed to carry their Admit Card to the Examination Centre.
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern
- JIPMER 2018 will be a computer based test (CBT).
- The duration of the exam is a 2 hour and 30 minutes.
- The exam will consist of 200 objective type Multiple Choice Questions only with each carrying 4 marks.
- No Negative Marking for Wrong and unanswered questions.
- There are following five sections:
|Section||No. of Questions|
|English and Comprehension||10|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2018 Syllabus
The Syllabus of JIPMER 2018 Examination will consist of the curriculum of NCERT Class 11th and 12th PCB books. Visit the link http://ncert.nic.in/textbook/textbook.htm to download NCERT books in PDF format.
JIPMER 2018 Results
JIPMER 2018 results will be declared by the 3rd week of June. Candidates can check their results on official Website.
JIPMER 2018 Dates
|Availability of Application Forms||4th Week of March 2018|
|Last Date of Submission||1st Week of May 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd Week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||1st Week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||3rd Week of June 2018|
|Counselling||4th Week of June 2018|
|What Link For?||Link|
|JIPMER Official Website||http://jipmer.edu.in.|
|JIPMER 2018 Prospectus||Yet to be released.|
|JIPMER 2018 Application link||Yet to be released.|
|JIPMER 2018 Application Procedure||Yet to be released.|