AIIMS 2018 MBBS Application portal is currently closed.
AIIMS or All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a group of 7 premier public medical research universities and hospitals across India. The first AIIMS was established in 1956 at New Delhi with the intention of providing a world-class medical facility at lowest prices possible. The flagship institute, AIIMS, New Delhi, is touted as India’s best medical facility as of date.
Suggested: Learn in detail about the NEET 2018 UG.
AIIMS 2018 MBBS Admissions
Admissions to MBBS programs at 7 AIIMS is through a common entrance test conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi. The entrance test is organized every year in over 150+ test centers across the nation. Around 1 lakh students compete for the AIIMS MBBS exam each year to secure a seat at the phenomenal Medical Institute. AIIMS and JIPMER are the only two institutes that conduct a separate entrance test for MBBS and PG course.
Also Read: Discover in detail about the AIIMS PG 2018 Examination.
List of Contents
- Number of Available Seats.
- Language of Examination.
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
AIIMS 2018 Seats
The total number of seats available for the MBBS course at 7 AIIMS is 700. Apart from these 700 seats, 07 more seats are available at AIIMS, New Delhi for Foreign Nationals.
Detailed Seat Matrix will follow soon.
Language of Examination
The AIIMS 2018 examination will be conducted in English and Hindi languages only.
Mode of Answering
The AIIMS 2018 examination is a computer-based (CBT) Online Exam.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Date
The AIIMS 2018 examination will be held tentatively in the month of May 2018.
AIIMS 2018 Eligibility
The Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS 2018 Examination is as follows:
Candidates falling under any of the following categories can apply for AIIMS 2018:
- Indian Citizens.
- NRI (Non-Resident Indians).
- OCI (Overseas Citizens of India).
- Foreign Nationals (Only 07 seats available at AIIMS, New Delhi).
Age should be minimum 17 years as on 31st December 2018. No age relaxation is available for reserved category.
Candidates born on or after 1st Jan 2002 are NOT eligible to apply for AIIMS 2018.
Applicants must have:
- Passed the 12th or Equivalent Exam from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects in qualifying examination.
- English as one of the Compulsory subjects.
Marks in Qualifying Exam (12th Std.)
The required marks in the PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) Group along with English will be:
Candidates appearing for 12th board exam in 2018 are also eligible to apply for AIIMS 2018.
AIIMS 2018 Application
- Applicants will have to fill the application form of AIIMS 2018 via online mode only. There is no availability of any off-line mode for the submission of Application Forms.
- The AIIMS 2018 application forms will be available from the 1st week of February 2018.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
Scanned photograph, signature, and thumb impression must be uploaded with application form in the prescribed format (50-100 KB in JPG/JPEG/GIF/PNG).
The application fee for general/OBC category candidates will be Rs 1,000 while it is Rs. 800 for SC/ST category students.
No application fee is applicable for OPH category students.
Payment of Application Fees for AIIMS 2018 must be made online via:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
The complete application procedure for AIIMS 2018 is divided into 6 stages.
- Payment of Application Fee.
- City Choice.
- Qualification and Address Details.
- Uploading Images.
- Printing the Completed Application Form
AIIMS 2018 Admit Card
- AIIMS 2018 Admit Card is expected to be available from the 1st week of May 2018 onwards.
- Applicants who will successfully register for AIIMS 2018 can download their Admit Card from the official Website of AIIMS.
- No hard copy of the Admit Card would be sent to the Applicants via post.
AIIMS 2018 Exam Pattern
AIIMS 2018 shall be a computer-based test for MBBS admissions at 7 AIIMS campuses. The test will be 3 ½ hours long, with 2 shifts (morning and evening) taking place on the exam day.
There will be a total of 200 questions in AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam each carrying 1 mark. A deduction of 1/3 mark will be made for wrong answers.
|Mode of Answering||Computer-based (CBT)|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes
|No of questions||200|
AIIMS 2018 Syllabus
The Syllabus of AIIMS MBBS 2018 Examination will consist of the chapters studied in class 11 and 12.
However, no official syllabus has been prescribed by AIIMS for the entrance exam.
Suggested: Learn in detail about the JIPMER MBBS 2018 admissions.
AIIMS 2018 Results
- AIIMS 2018 will be published in the 2nd week of June 2018. Candidates can check their results on official Website.
- Candidates need to enter their ID, Password and Security Code to view the results.
In order to be considered for All India Rank list, each candidate must score the following minimum marks in the AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam.
|General & OBC (Creamy layer)||50%|
|OPH||As per category.|
|Online Registration Starts||1st week of February 2018|
|Online Registration Ends||1st week of March 2018|
|Status of Registration||2nd week of March 2018|
|Correction of the Deficiencies in the Form||3rd week of March 2018|
|Release of Admit Card||1st week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||4th week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd Round Counselling||1st week of August 2018|
|3rd Round Counselling||1st week of September 2018|
|Open Counselling||4th week of September 2018|
|Application of link||Link|
|AIIMS, New Delhi Official Website||http://www.aiims.edu/en.html|
|AIIMS Examination Portal||https://www.aiimsexams.org/|
|Application Portal||Yet to be released.|
|Official Brochure||Yet to be published.|