JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) Application portal is open now. Click here to know useful links.
JIPMER PG Exam is a national-level medical entrance examination for admission in Masters of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs at JIPMER, Puducherry. The exam is conducted twice a year in the month of January and July. JIPMER PG 2018 exam scores will be used as a criterion to fill 100+ MD/MS seats at the esteemed Institute. In 2017 July Session, a total of 12,000 students took the JIPMER PG Entrance examination.
Suggested: Learn in detail about PGIMER 2018
Suggested: Learn more about the National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test (NEET) for PG Admission 2018.
JIPMER 2018 (Jan Session) Updates
JIPMER PG 2018 (Jan Session) results have been published. Follow the link http://www.jipmer.edu.in/announcement/results-mdms-courses-jan-2018-session-held-19112017 for M.D/M.S Results.
Follow the link http://www.jipmer.edu.in/announcement/results-dmmch-courses-jan-2018-session-held-19112017 for D.M/M.Ch results.
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination.
- Language of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Courses Offered.
- How to apply?
- Admit card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Important links.
- Contact Details.
For July Session
|Online registration start||28th Feb 2018|
|Online Registration Last date||2nd April 2018|
|Publication of Admit Cards||30th April 2018|
|JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) Exam Date||13th May 2018|
|JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) Results||On or before 25th May 2018|
|1st counseling||13th June 2018|
|2nd counseling||4th July 2018|
|3rd counseling||31st July 2018|
FOR JANUARY SESSION
|Online registration starts from||11th Sept 2017|
|Online Registration Last date||20th Oct 2017|
|Admit Card||1st November – 19th November 2017|
|JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) Exam Date||19th Nov 2017|
|Merit list publication||On or before 30th November 2017|
|1st counseling||13th Dec 2017|
|2nd counseling||10th Jan 2018|
|3rd counseling||31st Jan 2018|
|Final Counseling||26th February 2018|
The counseling dates are only applicable for M.D/M.S course and not for M.Ch/M.S.
Mode of Examination
JIPMER PG 2018 will be a single-shift computer- based exam i.e. ONLINE exam.
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam date
Moreover, JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) entrance exam shall be held in the 13th May 2017.
JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) MD/MS entrance test was held on November 19, 2017.
Language of Examination
JIPMER PG 2018 will take place in English language only.
JIPMER PG 2018 Eligibility
An applicant must either be an Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Further, foreign nationals can also choose to appear for the entrance exam.
Foreign Nationals will be considered for seats under the Sponsored category only. On the other hand, OCIs will be considered against Indian National category seats provided they produce their OCI Registration proof.
Candidate must hold the MBBS degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/ institution which falls under Medical Council of India.
Applicant must have scored a minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate in graduation.
Candidate must have completed the 12-months rotating internship training on or before December 31, 2018.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D) Courses
- Community Medicine.
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology.
- Emergency Medicine.
- Forensic Medicine.
- General Medicine.
- Immuno-Hematology & Blood Transfusion.
- Nuclear Medicine.
- Pulmonary Medicine.
Master of Science (M.S) Courses
- General Surgery.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form
The application portal for JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) is currently open.
Follow the link https://cdn.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/827/55105/Registration.html for M.D/M.S application.
Follow the link https://cdn.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/827/55219/Registration.html for M.Ch/D.M application.
JIPMER PG 2018 Fee
The application for JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) shall cost Rs 1,500 to a general/Sponsored/OBC (Rs. 1,200 for SC/ST) category student. However, an NRI/OCI category student will have to bear Rs.3,000 towards application fee.
JIPMER PG 2018 application fee can be paid by either of the following methods:
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card.
- Debit Card.
OPH category students are exempted from paying the application fee.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
- Digital Passport sized photo with a placard bearing Name of applicant and date of taking the photo – JPG/JPEG format – 20Kb – 200Kb in size.
- Scanned Signature with black ball point pen – 80mm X 35mm – JPEG/JPG format – 20kb-200Kb in size.
JIPMER PG 2018 Application
- Click on the link of examination given on the official website.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully before applying for JIPMER PG 2018.
- You’ll have to fill the Personal and Academic details in the form carefully.
- Upload the signature and recent color passport size photograph (in jpg/jpeg format) with a file size, not more than 80KB.
- You can only opt for 3 test centers.
- Fees have to be submitted through the given mode of payment above.
- You must make sure that you don’t click refresh button during transactions.
- Note down the transaction id.
- If you are unable to get any of your selected centers, then the one which is nearest to you will be allotted to you.
- Once you have submitted the application form, candidates are not allowed to make any correction in the application form.
- As soon as you have completed your procedure, take the print-out of the application form for future reference.
JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) admit cards for both D.M/M.Ch & M.D/M.S will be released on 30th April 2018.
JIPMER PG 2018 Pattern
The duration of JIPMER PG 2018 shall be 180 minutes with a total of 250 questions in hand. These questions will be of objective nature. The questions will be chosen from the following two subjects:
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine.
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100|
For every correct answer reported, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks. A deduction of 1 mark shall be made in the case of wrong answers.
Suggested: Discover in detail about AIIMS PG 2018 Entrance Examination.
Merit List of JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) will be published on or before 25th May 2018.
JIPMER PG 2018 cutoff for various categories will be as follows:
|Candidate’s Category||JIPMER PG 2018 Qualifying Score (Percentile Based)|
|Unreserved (UR)/Institute (INST)/Foreign Nationals (FN)/ Sponsored/Deputed(SD)||50|
|Orthopedic Physically Challenged – UR (OPH)||45|
|OBC/SC/ST (Including OPH)||40|
These are not the actual cut-offs of JIPMER PG 2018 entrance exam, however, the actual percentiles will be more than these.
|Application of Link||Link|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Application Portal (M.D/M.S)||https://cdn.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/827/55105/Registration.html|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Application portal (D.M/M.Ch)||https://cdn.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/827/55219/Registration.html|
|JIPMER, Puducherry Official website||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Results (MD/MS)|| |
Yet to be declared.
|JIPMER PG 2018 Results (D.M/M.Ch)|| |
Yet to be declared.
|JIPMER PG Official brochure (D.M/M.Ch)||https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-y3O-kwkD16hhYrx6v40RgCO8xsQqdST/view?usp=sharing|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Official Information brochure (MD/MS)||https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nXbDCwWAO42h50H2TA-8Ga8VLSGUwSb3/view?usp=drive_web|
|JIPMER Examination Section||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/academics/examinations|
|JIPMER Entrance Exam Calendar||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/academics/schedule-entrance-examinations|