NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an entrance test held annually and conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). NEET 2018 PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking entrance examination authorized as the only way to entrance in various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses; no other examination shall be valid for entry to the above-mentioned courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 with effect from 2017 admission session.
NEET 2018 PG is thus a National Level Test whose scores are accepted by most of the Medical or Dental Colleges situated across the country.
Suggested: Read about the AIIMS PG 2018 exam in detail.
List of Contents
- NEET PG 2018 Exam Date.
- Language of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Conduction Body.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Examination Pattern.
- Scope of NEET PG 2018 Examination.
- Counselling Procedure
- Information for Physically Handicapped (PH).
- Declaration of Results
- Merit List
- Important Dates
NEET PG 2018 Exam Date
The NEET 2018 PG will be held in between 2nd and 3rd week of December 2017.
Language of Examination
The medium of NEET 2018 PG paper will be ENGLISH only.
Type of Examination
NEET 2018 PG exam will be a Computer based test (CBT).
NEET 2018 PG will be conducted by NBE (National Board of Examinations).
In order to hold Eligibility for NEET 2018 PG exam, candidates must:
- Possess MBBS degree/ Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a Medical College/Institute duly recognized by the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act.
- Possess a permanent/provincial Registration Certificate of MBBS or equivalent qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council.
- Have completed one year of Internship by 31st March 2017.
To be Noted: Candidates will be regarded Ineligible if they:
- Have studied medicine from an Institution not recognized by MCI.
- Have not completed their Internship.
- Are not registered with MCI or the respective SMC
- Application Form is not in the prescribed format and submitted on time.
Candidates belonging to J & K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana states shall not apply to the 50% all India quota. They are only eligible for the quotas of their respective states.
Suggested: Discover about JIPMER PG 2018 Examination.
How to Apply?
- General/OBC Candidates: Rs 3750/-
- SC/ST/PWD/PH Candidates: Rs 2750/–
The NEET 2018 PG application fee must be submitted through payment gateway, at the time of online registration using a
- Credit/Debit Card or
- Through Net banking.
- The application portal for NEET 2018 PG usually opens in the month of September.
- Candidates will have the liberty to choose the exam center and date through online registration system on the First-come-first-served basis.
- Admit Card will be received by the Candidates on their registered email ID on successful completion of online registration and fees payment.
Step 1: Creating Profile
- Enter the name as it appears on MBBS Degree.
- Enter the Email ID.
- Create a Username for the profile.
- Enter a Password for the profile.
- Enter a Secret Question which could be used at the time of retrieval of the password or username if the candidate forgets the same.
Step 2: Fill Additional Contact Information
- Primary Telephone Number: A mobile phone number, to receive the NEET 2018 PG related messages.
- Secondary Telephone Number: Either another mobile phone number or a landline number along with the Area/STD codes.
- Postal Address: Permanent or temporary postal address, to receive postal mails related to NEET 2018 PG exam.
Step 3: Filling the Form
Enter the details like:
- Personal Information like Gender, Nationality, Religion, Category (as per Central List and Domicile State List), Date of Birth, Age, etc.
- Preference to join their desired Institution/Hospital.
- Educational Background
- Domicile state
- Total Marks obtained in MBBS Exam.
- Detailed Information on MBBS and the date of completion of Internship.
N.B.: Candidates ought to save the information. A copy of NEET 2018 PG will be sent to them to their specified Email within 24 hours.
Step 4: Choosing the NEET 2018 PG Examination Centre
- Select the desired center from the given list of centers.
- Choosing of Centre is a real-time procedure as it’s conducted on the first come first served basis.
- Available slots are marked in blue.
- Enter the choice and confirm.
- NEET 2018 PG Admit Card will be issued within 24 hours of getting registered.
- NBE would mail the Admit Card to the specified email address.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card at the time of the exam, without which the applicants would not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Paste the Recent Colour Photograph on the Admit Card in the space provided.
- The Admit Card should be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
N.B.: Candidates are required to carry a valid photo ID along with their NEET 2018 PG Admit Card in any of the following formats:
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- MCI/ State Medical Council Registration Certificate that has a clear photograph of the Candidate.
Format of NEET 2018 PG Examination
- NEET 2018 PG will be conducted as a Computer-based Test and thus would be conducted online.
- It will comprise 300 multiple choice questions (MCQs) from the MBBS Curriculum prescribed at Medical Institutions across the country.
- NEET 2018 PG will have no negative mark for wrong answers.
Duration of Exam
The maximum time allotted for the completion of NEET 2018 PG exam shall be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Marks Distribution of NEET 2018 PG Exam
The Subject Wise Marks Distribution for NEET 2018 PG:
|S. No.||Subject||Marks Distribution|
|8.||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|9.||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
|13.||Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|14.||Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|15.||Radio Diagnosis and Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
Scope of NEET 2018 PG Examination
The following will fall under the scope of NEET 2018 PG:
- All India 50% Quota Seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses (All States except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana).
- State Quota Seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses—All States and UTs. (Including Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions and Deemed Universities.
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses.
- DNB Board Specialisation Courses (January 2017 Admission Session).
- The Medical Council Committee (MCC) will conduct the Counselling Process based on the marks obtained in NEET 2018 PG.
- The Counselling for 50% All India Quota Seats will be conducted by Medical Counselling Committee set up by Health & Family Welfare Ministry, Government of India.
- The Counselling for State Government Seat will be conducted by the Concerned Department of Medical Department or University notified by respective State Government.
- Qualifying Candidates will have to apply for Counselling first.
- Candidates will have the choice to fill in their desired course and colleges while applying.
- Seat allotment will be based on their:
- NEET 2018 PG Scores
- Choices filled
- Available Vacancies
Information for Physically Handicapped (PH) Candidates
The PH Category Candidates will have to get themselves verified at any one of the following centers:
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine Rehabilitation (AIPMR).
- Institutes of Post Graduates Medical Education and Research.
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital
N.B.: PH Candidates will have to send their self-attested photocopy of their disability to the Assistant Director General along with their:
- Rank Number
- Phone Number
- Email ID
Declaration of Result
NEET 2018 PG results will be declared in the first week of January 2018.
To download the Score Card after the Result Declaration, the candidate is required to enter their Test ID and Date of Birth.
Candidates securing equal or more that qualifying marks will be declared qualified and eligible for the Admission in PG Medical Programmes.
- Merit List will consist of the names of all the qualifying candidates.
- Merit List is prepared based on the scores of the Entrance Examination.
- Merit List of each Category will consist of five times the number of seats available for allotment.
|Availability of Official Website||September 2017|
|Online Registration Opening Date||4th week of September 2017|
|Online Registration Closing Date||Last week of October 2017.|
|NEET 2018 PG Exam Date||December 2017.|
|Result Declaration||1st Week of Jan 2018.|
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for more articles and information regarding the education world. Also, comment below if you have any queries.