JIPMER PG Exam is a national-level medical entrance examination for admission in Masters of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs at JIPMER, Puducherry. The exam is conducted twice a year in the month of January and July. JIPMER PG 2018 exam scores will be used as a criterion to fill 100+ MD/MS seats at the esteemed Institute. In 2017 July Session, a total of 12,000 students took the JIPMER PG Entrance examination.
Suggested: Learn more about the National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test (NEET) for PG Admission 2018.
List of Contents
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination.
- Language of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Courses Offered.
- How to apply?
- Admit card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Important Dates.
- Important links.
- Contact Details.
Mode of Examination
JIPMER PG 2018 will be a single-shift computer- based exam i.e. ONLINE exam.
JIPMER PG 2018 Exam date
JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) MD/MS entrance test will be held on November 19, 2017.
Moreover, JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) entrance exam shall be held in the 3rd week of May 2017.
Language of Examination
JIPMER PG 2018 will take place in English language only.
JIPMER PG 2018 Eligibility
- Nationality: An applicant must either be an Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Further, foreign nationals can also choose to appear for the entrance exam.
Foreign Nationals will be considered for seats under the Sponsored category only. On the other hand, OCIs will be considered against Indian National category seats provided they produce their OCI Registration proof.
- Graduation: Candidate must hold the MBBS degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/ institution which falls under Medical Council of India.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicant must have scored a minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate in graduation.
- Internship: Candidate must have completed the 12-months rotating internship training on or before December 31, 2018.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D) Courses
- Community Medicine.
- Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology.
- Emergency Medicine.
- Forensic Medicine.
- General Medicine.
- Immuno-Hematology & Blood Transfusion.
- Nuclear Medicine.
- Pulmonary Medicine.
Master of Science (M.S) Courses
- General Surgery.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
How to Apply?
The application portal for JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) shall open on 11th September 2017. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website of JIPMER PG 2018.
The registrations for JIPMER PG 2018 (July session), however, will begin from the 2nd week of March 2018.
JIPMER PG 2018 Fee
The application for JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) shall cost Rs 1,500 to a general/Sponsored/OBC (Rs. 1,200 for SC/ST) category student. However, an NRI/OCI category student will have to bear Rs.3,000 towards application fee.
JIPMER PG 2018 application fee can be paid by either of the following methods:
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card.
- Debit Card.
OPH category students are exempted from paying the application fee.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
- Digital Passport sized photo with a placard bearing Name of applicant and date of taking the photo – JPG/JPEG format – 20Kb – 200Kb in size.
- Scanned Signature with black ball point pen – 80mm X 35mm – JPEG/JPG format – 20kb-200Kb in size.
JIPMER PG 2018 Application
- Click on the link of examination given on the official website.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully before applying for JIPMER PG 2018.
- You’ll have to fill the Personal and Academic details in the form carefully.
- Upload the signature and recent color passport size photograph (in jpg/jpeg format) with a file size, not more than 80KB.
- You can only opt for 3 test centers.
- Fees have to be submitted through the given mode of payment above.
- You must make sure that you don’t click refresh button during transactions.
- Note down the transaction id.
- If you are unable to get any of your selected centers, then the one which is nearest to you will be allotted to you.
- Once you have submitted the application form, candidates are not allowed to make any correction in the application form.
- As soon as you have completed your procedure, take the print-out of the application form for future reference.
JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) admit cards shall be available for download from the 1st week of November 2017.
Similarly, JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) admit cards shall be available from the 1st week of May 2018.
JIPMER PG 2018 Pattern
The duration of JIPMER PG 2018 shall be 180 minutes with a total of 250 questions in hand. These questions will be of objective nature. The questions will be chosen from the following two subjects:
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine.
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100|
For every correct answer reported, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks. A deduction of 1 mark shall be made in the case of wrong answers.
Suggested: Discover in detail about AIIMS PG 2018 Entrance Examination.
Merit List of JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) will be published after 2nd week of December 2017.
JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) results will be declared in the last week of May 2018.
JIPMER PG 2018 cutoff for various categories will be as follows:
|Candidate’s Category||JIPMER PG 2018 Qualifying Score (Percentile Based)|
|Unreserved (UR)/Institute (INST)/Foreign Nationals (FN)/ Sponsored/Deputed(SD)||50|
|Orthopedic Physically Challenged – UR (OPH)||45|
|OBC/SC/ST (Including OPH)||40|
These are not the actual cut-offs of JIPMER PG 2018 entrance exam, however, the actual percentiles will be more than these.
FOR JANUARY SESSION
|Online registration starts from||11th Sept 2017|
|Online Registration Last date||18th Oct 2017|
|Admit Card||3rd week of Nov 2017|
|JIPMER PG 2018 (January Session) Exam Date||19th Nov 2017|
|Merit list publication||After 2nd week of Dec 2017|
|1st counseling||13th Dec 2017|
|2nd counseling||17th Jan 2018|
|3rd and open counseling||30th Jan 2018|
|Admission Closing date||31st Jan 2018|
FOR JULY SESSION
|Online registration start||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|Online Registration Last date||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|JIPMER PG 2018 (July Session) Exam Date||3rd week of May 2018|
|1st counseling||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|2nd counseling||2nd week of Jul 2018|
|3rd counseling||Last week of Jul 2018|
|Application of Link||Link|
|JIPMER, Puducherry Official website||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Application Portal (MD/MS)|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Application Portal (D.M/M.Ch)|
|JIPMER PG Official brochure (D.M/M.Ch)|
|JIPMER PG 2018 Official Information brochure (MD/MS)||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/sites/default/files/Prospectus-MDMS-Jan-2017.pdf|
|JIPMER Examination Section||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/academics/examinations|
|JIPMER Entrance Exam Calendar||http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/academics/schedule-entrance-examinations|