Last updated on January 28th, 2018 at 10:30 pm
UCEED 2018 Draft Answer Key has been released. Check at http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/downloads/UCEED.2018.Draft.Answer.Keys.pdf.
UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design) is a national-level entrance exam for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) admissions at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIIT Delhi. The exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay usually in the month of January every year. UCEED is a computer based test meant to assess and analyze the drawing, logical, observation and creative skills of students.
Suggested: Read in detail about the National Institute of Design (NID)
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Date of Examination.
- Medium of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Participating Institutes.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- UCEED Application Procedure.
- Admit Card.
- Examination Pattern.
- Important Links.
UCEED 2018 Important Dates
|Start of UCEED 2018 Online Application forms||9th October 2017|
|Last date of submission of the form||12th November 2017 (Extended)|
|Last Date with Late Fee||17th November 2017|
|Issue of UCEED 2018 Admit Card||1st January 2018|
|UCEED 2018 Examination date||20th January 2018|
|Display of Answer Key||27th January 2018|
|Announcement of UCEED 2018 Results||18th February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Card||18th February 2018|
|Applying for B.Des program||8th to 23rd June 2018|
|Seat allotment (Round 1)||2nd July 2018|
|Seat allotment (Round 2)||9th July 2018|
|Seat allotment (Round 3)||14th July 2018|
UCEED 2018 Exam Date
Tentatively, UCEED 2018 is going to be held in the 20th January, 2018.
Medium of Examination
The UCEED 2018 will have ENGLISH as its question paper medium.
Type of Examination
UCEED 2018 will be a computer based test (CBT) or ONLINE test.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIITB).
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG).
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur (IIITDMJ).
UCEED 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates of every nationality (Indian/Foreign) are eligible for UCEED exam.
- Candidates who are NOT citizens of India at the time of registering for UCEED exam (by birth or naturalization) are treated as foreign nationals. Seats for such candidates will be supernumerary usually mounting to 10% of the total seats available.
UCEED 2018 Age limit
- For OPEN and OBC category: Applicant should have been born on or after 1st October, 1998.
- For SC, ST, PwD category: The student should have been born on or after 1st October, 1993.
- Aspirants must have passed Class 12 or equivalent in the year 2017 or going to appear in 2018.
- Candidates from all disciplines like Arts, Science, Commerce and Humanities are eligible.
Number of attempts
- Aspirant can appear for UCEED exam only twice in a lifetime that too consecutively.
- Remember that, the score of UCEED is valid only for that particular academic year only.
UCEED 2018 Application Form
The application portal for UCEED 2018 is currently closed.
The UCEED 2018 application form will be made available on the official website of UCEED exam in the 9th October 2017 and the last date of form submission will be on 10th November 2017.
For OPEN or OBC: The application fee is Rs.2000 for Male and Third-gender and Rs.1000 for Female.
For SC/ST/PwD: It is Rs. 1,000 for applicants of all genders.
|OPEN/OBC||Rs. 2,000 + Rs. 360 (GST) = Rs. 2360|
|SC/ST/PwD/Female||Rs. 1,000 + Rs. 180 (GST) = Rs. 1180|
A late fee of Rs. 500 will be charges for registrations done after 10th November 2017.
- Qualifying examination certificate for those who appeared in 2017. For those who will be appearing in 2018, a certificate from the school principal is required. – PDF Format Only.
- Recent colored photograph with 70-80% covered with face – JPEG Format.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature on white paper – JPEG Format.
- Candidates of OBC-NCL, SC, ST categories should upload their caste/disability certificate – PDF Only.
Detailed instructions will follow soon.
UCEED 2018 Admit Card
- Students can download their admit card from the official website of UCEED 2018 from 1st January 2018.
- Follow the link https://uceedapp.iitb.ac.in/UCEED/home.jsp to download the card.
- If case of any discrepancies, rectification of admit card can be done before 5th January 2018.
UCEED 2018 Pattern
- UCEED 2018 will be a 3 hours duration test. It will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The complete question paper will comprise of 3 sections, each having marking scheme of its own.
Section A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Correct answer in the NAT section of UCEED shall be awarded with 4 marks each. There will be no negative marking in this section.
Section B: Multiple Select Questions
Similar marking scheme as section A.
Section C: Multiple Choice Questions
3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer. However, a deduction of -1 mark will be made for every wrong one.
UCEED 2018 Results
The tentative date of declaration of UCEED 2018 result is in the 18th February 2018.
% of marks in each Section
|Total Minimum Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC – NCL||9||90|
Qualified candidates can download the scorecard from 18th February 2018.
|UCEED official website||http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/index.html|
|IIT-Bombay official website||http://www.iitb.ac.in/|
|Official Notice/Information Brochure||http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/downloads/UCEED.2018.Information.Brochure.pdf|
|UCEED Admit Cards||https://uceedapp.iitb.ac.in/UCEED/home.jsp|
Stay tuned with EduPadhai for more updates in the future on UCEED 2018. Also, let us know your queries or suggestions in the comment section down below.