Last updated on June 10th, 2018 at 01:13 pm
Latest JEE Advanced Updates
JEE advanced 2018 results have been declared. Click here to check your results.
JEE Advanced 2018 is a national-level engineering entrance examination held for UG admissions at IITs and IISc. The exam is conducted annually by one of the seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), decided via the Round Robin method. JEE Advanced is the 2nd stage of the 2-stage admission process for IITs. The 2-stage process was adopted in 2013, replacing the decade’s old IIT-JEE exam. Every Year, 2,00,000 plus students are selected for taking the JEE Advanced exam based on their JEE Main and 12th standard performance.
Suggested: Learn in detail about BITSAT 2018.
List of Contents
- Mode of Examination.
- Date of Examination
- Language of Examination.
- Performance in 12th.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Programs Offered.
- How to apply?
- Admit card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Answer Keys
- Participating colleges.
- Important Date.
- Important links.
|Online Registration Starts||2nd May 2018|
|Online Registration Closes||8th May 2018 (10:00 AM IST) Extended|
|Admit Card Availability||14th May – 20th May 2018 (Released)|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||20th May 2018 (9 to 12 PM & 2 to 5 PM)|
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||25th May 2018 (Friday) (Released)|
|Answer Key Released||29th May 2018 (Released)|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||29th May – 30th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||10th June 2018 (10:00 AM IST) (Declared)|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||10th June – 11th June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||14th June 2018|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||18th June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts||19th June – 15th July 2018|
Mode of Answering
JEE Advanced 2018 will be held in ONLINE mode only.
This will be the first time that the exam will shift to ONLINE mode of answering.
JEE Advanced 2018 will be conducted by IIT Kanpur.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Date
JEE Advanced 2018 Paper I and II will be conducted on the 20th May 2018 on the same date.
|Exam Name||Timings||Exam Date|
JEE Advanced 2018
|9:00 – 12:00 IST|
20th May 2018 (Sunday)
|14:00 – 17:00 IST|
Language of Examination
JEE Advanced 2018 question paper will be bilingual in nature i.e. it will be printed in both English and Hindi.
Performance in 12th Standard
In order to take admission into an IIT, candidate must satisfy at least one of the following criterion:
- Candidate must have secured an aggregate of 75% or more (65% or more for SC/ST/PWD) in 10+2 examination.
- Candidate must be within the category wise top 20 percentile of their respective 12th
These above-mentioned two criteria do not hold good as far as appearing for JEE Advanced 2018 is concerned.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility
- Performance in JEE Main 2018: In order to take JEE Advanced 2018 exam, one must qualify JEE Main 2018. Candidate must score positive marks in JEE Main 2018 and should be among top 2,20,200 students.
- Age Limit: Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1993. A five years relaxation is provided for SC/ST/PwD category candidates i.e. Reserved category students born or after October 1, 1987 are also eligible.
- Number of Attempts: Aspiring candidates can appear for JEE Advanced two times, that too in consecutive years.
- Improvement of Marks: Candidates who have reappeared for the 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2018 will have the better of their two performances considered.
- Admitted Candidates: Candidates already enrolled in any of the 22 IITs and also the ones who have reported at any IIT in 2017 are NOT eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Year of Passing QE: Only those candidates who have taken the 12th examination in either 2017 or 2018 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
|B.Tech.||Bachelor of Technology||4 Years|
|B.S.||Bachelor of Science||4 Years|
|B.Pharm.||Bachelor of Pharmaceutics||4 Years|
|B.Arch.||Bachelor of Architecture||5 Years|
|Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech.||Dual degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology||5 Years|
|Dual Degree B.S. – M.S.||Dual Degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science||5 Years|
|Dual Degree B.Pharm.-M.Pharm||Dual Degree Bachelor of Pharmaceutics and Master of Pharmaceutics||5 Years|
|Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharm.||Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics||5 Years|
|Integrated M.Tech.||Integrated Master of Technology||5 Years|
|Integrated M.Sc.||Integrated Master of Science||5 Years|
How to Apply?
Registrations for JEE Advanced 2018 have closed on 8th May 10:00 AM IST.
JEE Advanced 2018 Fees
Candidates belonging to general category will have to pay Rs.2600 + GST towards JEE Advanced 2018 exam fee.
But, in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/PWD/Female candidates an amount of Rs.1300 + GST will be applicable.
For exam centers outside India, the candidates belonging to SAARC countries will have to pay US$160 + GST whereas Non SAARC countries have to pay US$300 + GST.
Photograph, Signature and Thumb Specifications
Photograph: Light background, face more than 70%, with nothing wearing on face such as scarf, sunglasses etc. Mobile Selfie are not allowed.
Signature: Appropriate background with clear resolution is acceptable. Signature with all capital letter is not acceptable.
Thumb Impression: Appropriate background with clear resolution is acceptable. Impression must not be smudged.
- Select your option from JEE Main Candidates or Foreign Candidates present on the official website.
- Enter your JEE Main roll number and password.
- Enter Case sensitive Security Pin.
- Click on Login.
- You will need to upload your latest photograph, signature along with thumb impression.
- Students with some quota will require certificate for it.
- OBC-NCL Certificate that has been issued after April 01, 2017.
- Caste/Tribe Certificate for SC/ST candidates.
- Physical Disability Certificate issued by notified medical authority.
- Scribe Service seeking candidates must request letter to the Chairman of the respective IIT.
- Candidates seeking DS Category admission must get a Certificate issued by competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defense or the Ministry of Home Affairs, government of India.
- Candidates who did their Class XII from outside India must produce a certificate from the Association of Indian universities.
- You’ll need the following documents (mandatory for all):
- Class X Certificate or Birth Certificate.
- Class XII Certificate.
- If name on X certificate is not same as XII then, gazette notification showing the change of name must be uploaded.
JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Cards
JEE Advanced 2018 admit cards are available for download from till 20th May 2018.
Visit https://cportal.jeeadv.ac.in/ to download your JEE Advanced Hall tickets.
JEE Advanced 2018 Pattern
JEE Advanced 2018 will consist of 2 papers (Paper I and Paper II) of 3-hours duration each. Both of these papers shall be objective in nature. Both these papers will consist of Multiple choice questions (MCQs) as well as Non-MCQs.
The marking scheme for JEE Advanced exams is not fixed hence, pattern changes are observed every year.
There is usually a negative marking in MCQ type questions.
JEE Advanced 2018 official answer keys for both Paper I and II is now available.
Candidates can submit their feedback regarding the answer keys by 30th May 2018. Visit https://cportal.jeeadv.ac.in to submit suggestions/feedback.
JEE advanced 2018 results were published on the 10th June 2018 on the official website.
Visit https://results.jeeadv.ac.in/ to check your results.
|Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay||Mumbai|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi||New Delhi|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur||Kharagpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee||Roorkee|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Madras||Chennai|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati||Guwahati|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur||Kanpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Ropar||Roopnagar (Punjab)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Hyderabad||Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Mandi||Mandi (Himachal)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Patna||Patna|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Palakkad||Palakkad (Kerla)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Jodhpur||Jodhpur (Rajasthan)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Indore||Indore|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras (BHU)||Varanasi (UP)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Bhubneswar||Bhubneswar|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Tirupati||Tirupati (A.P)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Bhilai||Bhilai|
|Indian Institute of Technology (ISM Dhanbad) – Dhanbad||Dhanbad (Jharkhand)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Jammu||Jammu|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Dharwad||Dharwad|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Goa||Goa|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Bhopal||Bhopal|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Mohali||Mohali (Punjab)|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Kolkata||Kolkata|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Pune||Pune|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Tiruvanathapuram||Tiruvanathapuram (Kerala)|
|Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST) – Tiruvanathapuram||Tiruvanathapuram (Kerala)|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) – Rae Bareli||Rae Bareli (U.P)|
|Indian Institute of Science (IISc) – Bangalore||Bangalore|
|Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) , Visakhapatnam||Visakhapatnam|
|Application of Link||Link|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Official Website||https://jeeadv.ac.in/|
|JEE Advanced Results||https://results.jeeadv.ac.in/|