UPSEE 2017 application portal is closed now.
UPSEE is a universal state level test conducted by A P J Kalam Azad University, Lucknow. The exam is held annually, as per UP state govt. guidelines, for admission to Engineering, Management, hotel management etc. at UG/PG level. As per Wikipedia, the maiden UPSEE was held in the year 1959, back when it was called UPTU – SEE. Currently, the exam draws one of the largest test takers in the country every year, with numbers mounting to 0.4 million yearly. This article focuses on UPSEE 2017 for engineering.
Suggested: Read on to know the application procedure of VITEEE 2017.
Table of Contents
- Language of UPSEE 2017.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria (Indian).
- How to Apply.
- Exam Pattern.
- Admit Card.
- Important Dates.
- Photo, Signature Specifications.
Question Paper Language
UPSEE 2017 question paper would be available in two languages – Hindi & English.
Mode of Answering
UPSEE 2017 is available as Online & Offline exam based on degree course applying for. However, in the case of engineering, only OFFLINE exam i.e. OMR based sheet test is available.
Date of Examination
UPSEE 2017 for engineering will be held on 16th April 2017.
Suggested: See the list of top 50 engineering institutions in India.
Eligibility for Indian Nationals
- Compulsory subjects: For B.Tech admissions, candidates must study a combination of Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry in their qualifying year.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate without grace in PCM in 12th std.
- Domicile: No domicile is required when it comes to appearing for UPSEE 2017. But, in the case of engineering admissions, a person holding UP domicile remains eligible for all seats in UP. On the other hand, a student with all India Domicile is considered only for 10% of total seats. These 10 % seats are the ones in private universities & institutes only.
How to Apply for UPSEE 2017
An aspirant was to apply for UPSEE 2017 via UPSEE 2017 official website i.e. http://upsee.nic.in/publicinfo/public/home.aspx. Like numerous other entrance exams, applying for UPSEE 2017 was a completely online process.
The online application portal for UPSEE 2017 is currently closed.
The application fee amount for UPSEE 2017 was Rs 600 for SC/ST/Female/PWD category students while it was Rs. 1200 for rest of the students.
Application fee had to be paid only through Credit Card/Netbanking or Debit Card. No offline mode was available for this task.
Things to be kept ready before filling the application form
- Scanned recent colored Photograph with the name printed on it. (3.5cm x 4.5cm – JPEG – 100Kb)
- Scanned signature. (3.5cm x 1.5cm – JPEG – 30Kb)
- Scanned left-hand thumb impression. (3.5cm x 1.5cm – JPEG – 30Kb)
- Follow the link http://www.upsee.nic.in to start filling the online application for UPSEE 2017.
- On the above site, candidates will see a link titled “UPSEE for UG (UPSEE – 2017)”, click on that. This link will take you to the application form.
- In the application form, candidates are asked about their personal details such as Name, father’s name, contact information etc.
- After filling the above details, candidates will be asked to choose a password & security question for their future logins at the site.
- After successfully inputting rest of details, the candidates have to submit the application form. Now upon clicking submit, the candidates will be asked to review their application form before the final submit. Review the application completely & click on “Final submit” button.
- Following the final submission, an application number will be generated on the screen. Candidates will need this application number along with the password chosen for all future correspondences. Hence, keep it safe.
- After following the above steps, the candidates are required to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression as mentioned before. Once documents are uploaded, candidates are required to click on the “save” button to seal the deal.
- Now the process reaches its final stage i.e. payment of application fee. Application fee i.e. Rs. 1200 can only be paid via Online methods – Net banking, Debit card, and Credit card. Candidates have to select the appropriate of the three for payment and proceed.
- Upon successful payment of the application fee, candidates will see a confirmation page being generated on their screen. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the confirmation page for future references and admission process.
- Congratulations, you have successfully applied for UPSEE 2017.
Candidates weren’t required to send the confirmation page or any part of the application form to UPSEE 2017 office under any circumstances.
The last date of successfully applying for UPSEE 2017 was 28th February 2017.
Also Read: Read about the inspiring life of America’s 16th President Abraham Lincoln.
UPSEE 2017 for engineering will be a 3-hour long offline exam. The exam will consist of 150 questions of Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics in total. The whole paper will be divided into three sections:
Section – I: Physics (50 questions).
Section – II: Chemistry (50 questions).
Section – III: Mathematics (50 questions).
For each correctly answered question, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks while no marks will be deducted for wrongly answered questions. Therefore, this 3-hour long exam will have a total of 600 marks in hand.
Candidates who have successfully applied for UPSEE 2017 will have the opportunity to download there admit cards from 7th April 2017 till the exam day.
The result of UPSEE 2017 will be published on or before 30th May 2017. Candidates will have the liberty to check it through the official website of UPSEE 2017. There will also be minimum marks bar set by the UP govt. for qualifying the exam.
|Online application submission||18th January – 28th February 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|Editing/Correcting the Application Form||27th March – 29th March 2017.|
|Admit Card||7th April 2017 – Exam Day|
|Declaration of Result||On or before 30th May 2017.|
The information Brochure for UPSEE 2017 can be downloaded on http://upsee.nic.in/publicinfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=110&iii=Y.
Size: maximum 100kb (3.5×4.5 cm).
Type: Passport type, white background, name printed below the photo & colored.
Size: maximum 30kb (3.5cmx1.5cm).
Same as for signature.
Like and share us on Facebook for more future updates. Also tell us about what you feel about this article and ask us if you have any queries.