What is CEED Exam?
Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is a national-level design entrance exam conducted by IIT Bombay for admissions to Master of Design (M. Des) and Ph.D. programs. Institutes where CEED scores are acceptable include some IITs, IISc Bangalore and other premier institutes across India. While CEED scores serve the demand for PG Design admissions at IITs, UCEED scores are used for UG design admissions at these institutions. The official notification for CEED 2019 is expected to be released around the 2nd week of October 2018.
List of Contents
- Important Dates
- Date of Examination
- Mode of Answering
- Medium of Examination
- Colleges accepting CEED Scores.
- Eligibility criteria
- Application form
- Admit card
- Examination Pattern
- Answer Key
- Important Links
CEED 2019 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Starting of the application process||2nd week of October 2018|
|Closing of the application process||2nd week of November 2018|
|Release of admit card||4th week of December 2018|
|CEED 2019 Exam date||3rd week of January 2019|
|Release of Draft Answer Key||4th week of January 2019|
|Final Answer key publication||1st week of February 2019|
|Result date||1st week of March 2019|
CEED 2019 Exam Date
CEED 2019 is expected to be conducted on the 4th week of January (tentative).
Mode of Answering
CEED Examination has two parts to the question paper:
- Part A will be a computer-based test and candidates will have to mark the answers using the mouse.
- Part B will have the questions displayed on computer and candidates will have to use answer sheets to write the answers.
Medium of Examination
The English language will be the only medium of examination for CEED 2019.
Colleges accepting CEED Scores
- IISc, Bangalore – M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering (CPDM).
- IIT Bombay – M.Des. in Industrial design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design.
- IIT Delhi – M.Des. in Industrial Design.
- IIT Hyderabad – M.Des. in Visual Design.
- IIT Guwahati – M.Des. in Design.
- IIT Kanpur – M.Des. in Design.
- IIITDM Jabalpur – M.Des. in Design.
- School of Design Studies – UPES Dehradun – M.Des. in Industrial design, Product Design, Interior Design, Transportation Design.
- Symbiosis Pune – M.Des in design.
- Ph.D Programmes in Design – IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur.
CEED 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Age restrictions and No of Attempts
There is no age limit and even no limit on the number of attempts for any individual candidate.
Applicant must be a Graduate or a diploma or PG degree holder from recognized Institution/University. The acceptable duration are 4 years or 3+2 years respectively.
A candidate who has done GD Arts Diploma Programme (10+5 level) by July 2018.
Candidates who are currently appearing for the final examination of any of the above-mentioned courses can also apply provided they produce a certificate from Head of the Department or from College Principal.
CEED 2019 Application form
CEED 2019 application portal will open during the 2nd week of October 2018.
Candidates can only apply online for CEED exam. There will be no means of offline registration.
Aspirants can pay the CEED 2019 exam fee either through Credit/Debit Cards or Net banking.
Fees once paid are non-refundable. Also, the candidates are requested to pay the amount on time.
|For all female Candidates||₹1,100|
A window of 10 days will be provided for students willing to apply post the last date of registration. A late fee amount of ₹500 will be charged during this time.
Documents to be Uploaded
- Passport sized scanned photograph in (.jpg) format.
- Scanned Signature in (.jpg) format.
- Scanned copy of degree certificate in (.pdf) format.
- For candidates who are yet to complete their degree and are in final year can provide a scanned copy of the certificate from Head of the department or Principal of the college.
- Applicants who apply under (SC/ST/OBC/NCL) category must provide valid category certificates in (.pdf) format.
- A medical certificate must be provided by candidates under PwD category in (.pdf) format.
- Visit the CEED 2019 official website and fill the registration form.
- Upload all the necessary documents as mentioned above.
- Payment must be done during the allotted period of time, please note that a late fee of Rs 500 will be charged for applicants who fail to pay during the allotted period.
- Download the form for future reference after successful submission.
CEED 2019 Admit Card
CEED 2019 admit cards will be available for download on the official website from the 3rd week of December 2018.
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern
CEED 2019 examination will be a total of 3-hours long. The CEED test shall comprise of two sections namely:
- Part A
- Part B.
The candidates need to attend both the parts on the same day itself.
Part A of consists of objectives. It is one-hour long paper. Candidates must submit their response online.
Number of questions asked and their weightage is not fixed.
Part A of CEED 2019 will have questions related to these topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Observation and design sensitivity
Candidates must clear the Part A for their copies to be evaluated for Part B.
Part B is a subjective test with a total of 8 questions. This part is a 2-hour long test.
First 5 questions are optional and any one of them must be answered for a total of 50 marks. Next 3 questions will carry 20,20 and 10 marks each making a total of 100 Marks.
Candidates are supposed to write the answers in the answer book provided to them, here questions will be on Computer and answers are to be filled in the answer-book.
Part B of CEED 2019 will have questions related to these topics:
- Communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
The final merit for CEED 2019 will be prepared by combining marks from both Part A and B. 25% weightage will be given to Part A while remaining 75% will be given to Part B.
CEED 2019 Answer Key
The answer key for CEED 2019 will be available from the 4th week of Jan 2018 for public scrutiny. After incorporating all correction suggested by CEED aspirants/teachers, a final draft will be published in the first week of Feb 2018.
Link for the same will be provided here.
CEED 2019 Results
The results will be declared on the official website during the 1st week of March 2019.
The final merit will be based on 25% weightage to Part A scores while 75% weightage to part B scores. This amalgamation will be performed after normalization of marks.
|Official Website of conducting|
|Official website of exam Portal||NA|