Last updated on June 15th, 2018 at 10:22 pm
SSC CHSL 2017 Results (Tier I) have been announced. Click here to know details regarding the results.
This article describes SSC CHSL 2018 and not SSC CHSL 2017.
SSC CHSL 2018 Application portal is currently closed. However, exam dates have been announced by SSC. Click here to know the dates.
Conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) is an annually held recruitment test for 10+2 passed candidates. The test involves 3-tiers for recruiting Clerical level staff in different govt departments. SSC CHSL scores are used for recruiting Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerks. In 2016, close to 3.4 million candidates appeared for SSC CHSL 2016 Tier I test.
Suggested: Read in detail about SSC Stenographer 2018.
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Number of Vacancies.
- Language of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Examination Pattern.
- Answer Key.
- Pay Scale.
- Important Links.
SSC CHSL 2018 Important Dates
|Release of Official Notification||3rd Novemeber 2018|
|Availability of Online Application Form||3rd November 2018|
|Last Date for Applying||30th November 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card Tier I||4th week of November 2018|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I Exam||December 2018 – Jan 2019 (to be announced)|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I Result Declaration||March 2019|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-II Exam||April 2019|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-II Result Declaration||June 2019|
SSC CHSL 2018 Vacancies
The number of vacancies for SSC CHSL 2018 has not been released as of now.
However, the number of vacancies released in the last 4 years is as follows:
|Year||No of Vacancies (as per ssc.nic.in)|
Language of Examination
Candidates can choose either Hindi or English as the medium of examination for SSC CHSL 2018 (Tier I & Tier II).
Type of Examination
The SSC CHSL 2018 examination has three compulsory tiers:
Tier I: Online Mode (Computer-based test)
Tier II: Off-line Mode (Descriptive paper).
Tier III: Skill Test/Typing Test
SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Date
The SSC CHSL 2018 examination dates for all tiers will be as follows:
Tier I Exam: Held between December 2018 – January 2019 (Computer-based test).
Tier II Exam: Held in April 2019. (Descriptive type test)
SSC CHSL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates of the following Nationality can apply for SSC CHSL 2018 exam
- Citizen of India.
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee, who had come to India before 1st January 1962, and have their permanent settlement in India.
- Emigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia who intend for permanent settlement in India.
- Must have at least passed the 12th or any Equivalent Exam from a recognized board/ University.
- Candidates pursuing the 12th Exam are also eligible, provided that they could produce their certification by 1st Jan 2019.
- Age must be within 18-27 years of age, as on 1st August 2018.
- The Date of Birth as mentioned in their Birth Certificate or in their certificate of 10th Exam will be considered for age count.
- Age Relaxation for various categories is detailed as under:
|PH (GEN)||37 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||42 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||30 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||35 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||33 years|
How to Apply for SSC CHSL 2018?
Candidates will have to fill their application form of SSC CHSL 2018 examination in online mode only. There are no offline modes of application available, and all the news regarding offline mode are fake.
SSC CHSL 2018 application form will be available on the official website of SSC from 3rd November 2018 to 30th November 2018 (announced).
SSC CHSL 2018 Application Fees
Candidates are required to pay Rs. 100 towards application fee for SSC CHSL 2018.
However, Female /SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen are exempted from payment of Application fee.
|General category/OBC||Rs. 100|
|Female Category||No fee|
|Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation)||No fee|
Application fee can be paid via ONLINE mediums as well as OFFLINE. The available online mediums are:
- SBI Challan (payment in cash).
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card/Debit Card.
Photograph and Signature Specification
- Scanned Photograph (Size: 4KB-12KB; Resolution: 100 X 120 pixels) in JPEG/JPG Format.
- Signature (Size: 1KB-12KB; Resolution: 140 X 60 pixels) should be uploaded in JPEG format.
Steps of Applying
The complete application procedure for any exam conducted by SSC has following two parts:
Part I: Registration.
Part II: Application part.
Detailed Description will follow soon.
SSC CHSL 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates will get an acknowledgement email confirming the acceptance of their application form and they will receive the SSC CHSL 2018 Admit Card thereafter.
- SSC CHSL 2018 Admit Card will be available (in PDF Format) tentatively in the month of December 2018.
- The Exam Date and Exam Centre details will be mentioned in the Admit Card. Candidates must take a printout of the Admit Card as soon as they receive it.
For more information, follow the link http://edupadhai.com/ssc-chsl-admit-card-2018/.
SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2018 follows a 3 tier selection procedure. This section will briefly describe the exam pattern followed in these tiers.
|Particulars||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III|
|No of Questions||100||2||–|
|Duration||75 minutes (100 Minutes for VH/OH)||60 minutes (80 minutes for VH/OH)|
|Total Marks||200 marks||100 marks|
|Qualifying marks||As per cut off||33 marks||–|
|Mode of Answering||Computer-based Test (CBT)||Descriptive Test.||Typing on Computer/Typewriter.|
- The tier I of SSC CHSL 2018 will be 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes) long computer-based test (CBT).
- It will comprise of 200 multiple choice questions, divided into 4 sections, carrying 2 marks each.
- These 4 sections involve the following blue print:
|Subjects||No of Questions||Marks|
- Negative Marking: 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Learn in detail about SSC CHSL 2018 syllabus at http://edupadhai.com/ssc-chsl-2018-syllabus/.
The tier two examination of SSC CHSL 2018 is descriptive paper. This test is meant for evaluating candidates writing ability.
The tier II of SSC CHSL 2018 will be 1-hour long (80 minutes for VH) writing test. It will comprise of essay writing and letter writing in either English or Hindi (as chosen by the candidate).
The minimum qualifying marks for this tier is 33% of maximum marks.
Tier III of SSC CHSL 2018 is the final stage of the recruitment test. This tier will be a skill test/typing test as per the post applied for.
Only those applicants who successfully qualify tier I and tier II will be allowed to take tier III.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDC and Court Clerks
- The typing test for the aforementioned posts will be conducted in either Hindi or English as chosen by the candidate.
- The Typing Speed for English should be 35 words/minute.
- The Typing Speed for Hindi should be 30 words/minute.
- The duration of the test will be 10 minutes (30 minutes for VH).
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
- The Speed of Data Entry on Computer must be 8000 key-depression/hour to qualify this tier.
- The Duration of the exam will be 15 minutes. The result will be judged based on the number of correct words entered.
- The candidates will be provided a printed matter containing 2000-2200 strokes/key-depression in English.
SSC CHSL 2018 Answer Key
- The answer key of SSC CHSL 2018 Exam will be available on their Official Website only after the completion of the Examination.
- Applicants can match their answers with the help of Official Answer Key.
SSC CHSL 2018 Result
The results of Tier I of SSC CHSL 2018 will be announced in the month of March 2018.
Tier II results of SSC CHSL 2018 will be declared in the month of June 2018.
To know more about results, follow the link http://edupadhai.com/ssc-chsl-2018-results/.
The Performance in the Written Examination will determine the candidate’s qualification for the next part, i.e., the skill test.
The final result of the exam will be declared only after the commencement of the skill test.
SSC CHSL 2018 Pay Scale
|Post||Grade Pay (in Rs.)|
|Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB||2400|
|Data Entry Operator||2400|
|Data Entry Operator||1900|
|Lower Division Clerk||1900|
|Application of Link||Link|
|SSC Official website||http://ssc.nic.in/|
|SSC Application Portal||http://ssconline.nic.in/|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Official Brochure||Yet to be published.|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Vacancies||Yet to be Published.|
Disclaimer: The contents of this page are to the best of our knowledge and accuracy and are based on the latest notification (known to us) published by official site (preceding or current year as applicable) of institution/ examination conducting body. EduPadhai shall not be responsible for any inaccuracy or omission in the information posted on this page in form of article, comments (either by EduPadhai or any individual/institution) or contents in any other form whatsoever and does not attract any legal action.