Last updated on January 28th, 2019 at 09:24 pm
The exam dates for SSC Stenographer 2018 have been announced by SSC. Scroll down below to know more.
SSC has released the exam calendar for the recruitment exams to be held in 2019-2020. Log on:
SSC organizes an All India level Competitive Entrance Exam for recruitment of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group B – Non-Gazetted) and Grade ‘D’ (Group C – Non-Gazetted). The exam is held annually by SSC for recruiting Stenographer to various Ministries/Central Govt. Department across the nation. The recruitment process involves two stages: Written Test & a Skill Test before finally be absorbed by departments. SSC Stenographer 2018 shall be held between 5th Feb and 7th Feb 2019.
Suggested: Read in detail about SSC CGL 2018 examination.
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Date of Examination.
- Mode of Examination.
- Medium of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Examination Pattern.
- Admit Card.
- Important Links.
Important Dates (Announced)
|Submission of online application form starts||29th Sept 2018|
|Last date for making application online/offline||22nd Oct 2018|
|Admit Card issued||January 2019|
|SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Date||5th Feb – 7th Feb 2019.|
|Result Declaration||March 2019|
|Skill Test||To be notified later|
|Final Result||To be notified later.|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Date
As per latest notification, SSC Stenographer 2018 shall be conducted on 5th Feb to 7th Feb 2019.
Further, the exam date for the Skill test has not been announced as of now.
Mode of Answering
SSC Stenographer 2018 will be a Computer-Based Examination (CBE).
Medium of Examination
The question paper will be in both Hindi and English languages except for the Part 3 of the paper which deals with English language skills.
Candidates of the following Nationalities can apply for SSC stenographer 2018 exam:
- Citizen of India.
- Belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Immigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia with the intent of permanent settlement in India.
- Candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must be below 27 years of age as measured on 01.08.2018.
|PH (GEN)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
For the detailed description of age limits, read the official information brochure carefully.
- Candidate must have passed the 12th examination or its equivalent from any board.
- The candidate has to produce his/her marksheet or proof of passing the examination by 1st August 2018.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form
SSC Stenographer 2018 application procedures are over now.
The application fee of Rs. 100 has to be paid.
The fee can be paid by either of the following methods:
- Net Banking.
- Credit/Debit Card.
- SBI Challan.
Complete Fee is exempted for female candidates, ex-servicemen, and SC/ST/PH candidates.
Photograph & Signature Specifications
- Colored Photograph – JPEG/JPG format – 4kb – 12kb in size.
- Scanned Signature – JPEG/JPG format – 1kb – 12kb in size.
The application portal for SSC Stenographer 2018 is currently closed.
However, based on last year’s format, following major steps are involved in the form.
- Visit the official SSC portal site http://ssconline.nic.in/.
- Click on the Registration section
- Fill the One Time Registration Form.
- Enter all the required credentials such as personal, academic and contact details.
- Upload all the required documents such as scanned photograph, signature etc.
- Once the registration is over the candidates will be provided with the Registration ID and the password on their phone or else on the email address they have provided.
- Pay the application fee.
- Candidates are requested to take a print out of the application form for further notice.
The admit card for SSC Stenographer 2018 examination will be available from the Jan 2019 on the official website.
No hard copy of the admit card will be issued by the authorities.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer 2018 test will be 2 hours (2 hours 40 minutes for VH/OH) long.
The question paper will be 200 questions in total each carrying 1 mark. The complete paper will have 3 section/subjects:
|Section/Subject||No of Questions||Maximum marks|
|General Reasoning and Intelligence||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
Each correct answer is rewarded with 1 mark while every incorrect answer results in 0.25 mark deduction.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Cut Off
SSC Stenographer 2018 cut off list will be updated on the official SSC website after the entrance exam has been conducted.
SSC Stenographer 2018 written test results will be declared in the month of Mach 2019. Selected or shortlisted candidates will be called for the Skill Test or typing test.
The final result of SSC Stenographer 2018 exam shall be announced later in the year.
A detailed description of the SSC Stenographer Result 2018 will be published soon.
|Use of Link||Link|
|SSC Official Website||http://ssc.nic.in/|
|SSC Stenographer application Portal||http://ssconline.nic.in/|
|SSC Stenographer 2018 Tentative Vacancies||Yet to be published.|
|SSC Stenographer 2018 brochure/Notice||Yet to be published.|