Last updated on April 19th, 2018 at 03:40 pm
This article will describe the RBI Grade B 2018 syllabus in detail. The recruitment of grade B officers at RBI is made through a national-level examination conducted by the RBI. The official notification for RBI grade B 2018 is expected to release in the 1st week of May 2018. Through this article, our team has tried to list most relevant topics related to RBI grade B 2018 Syllabus, both for Phase I & Phase II.
RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus
Phase I includes questions of objective nature (MCQs). A total of 200 questions of 1 mark each will be presented to candidates. Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer is the rule. Duration of the test shall be 2 hours. Candidates have to secure both sectional and overall minimum qualifying marks.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
English Language Skills (30 marks)
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Error Correction.
- Para Jumbles
- Paragraph Completion.
Quantitative Aptitude (30 marks)
The RBI Grade B 2018 syllabus shall cover the following topics under quantitative aptitude curriculum:
- Understanding of the Number System i.e. whole numbers, decimals, fractions and their relationships.
- Question on Percentage problems.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Number Series i.e. Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression etc.
- Permutation Combination.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Profit and Loss.
- Mixture and Alligation.
- Speed, Time and distance.
- Time & Work.
- Mensuration and Geometry.
- Data Interpretation. Might include Graphs, bars, and charts.
Reasoning (60 marks)
- Mathematical Inequalities.
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding, and classification.
- Blood Relation Questions.
- Circular & Linear Arrangements,
- Directions & Distances,
- Ages & Birthdates,
- Different arrangement problems like circular, rectangular & hexagonal.
- Ordering & Ranking.
- Verbal Reasoning.
General Awareness (80 marks)
- Banking & Financial Awareness.
- Economic News
- Monetary policies
- Important guidelines,
- Financial & Economics News,
- Economics terms, etc.
- Static Awareness
- Political Science,
- Environmental facts,
- Parks, Dam, Thermal Power Plants, Mountains, Temples, Stadiums, Airports etc.
- Current Affairs
- Daily News, National and International news,
- Books by famous personalities,
- Awards, Summits & Conferences,
- Government Schemes, Agreement & Deal,
- People & Places in News,
- Science and Technology,
- Defence etc.
Applicants successfully qualifying the Phase I of RBI Grade B exam can appear for Phase II. The Phase II exam will have both objective and subjective questions.
The Phase II examination of RBI Grade B 2018 exam shall comprise of 3 Papers. Each of these papers will be 1.5 hours long with 100 marks weight for each.
The Paper III of Phase II will have 3 optional subjects, out of which candidate have to choose one.
|Papers||Type of Paper||Time Allotted (min)||Marks|
|Economic and Social Issues||Objective||90||100|
|Finance and Management/Economics|
- English (Writing Skills) (100 Marks)
- Economic and Social Issues (100 Marks).
Optional Subjects (Select one out of the three)
- Finance and Management.
Detailed RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus (Phase II) available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLigNdfmlTFS09PSnV2aGh6dk0.
Stay tuned for more updates on RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus. Also, comment below in case of queries or suggestions.