IBSAT 2017 application portal is open now.
What is IBSAT Exam?
The IBSAT exam (ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test) is an annually held gateway to aspirants for admission into MBA/PGPM/P.hD programs at 9 ICFAI campuses. The entrance test is organized and managed by the ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (IBS, Hyderabad). The exam was first conducted in 1995 and since then has been one of the major management entrance exams in India. Every year, nearly 1,00,000 students take for the IBSAT exam.
Suggested: Learn in detail about Narsee Monjee Aptitude Test (NMAT 2018).
List of Contents
- IBS Campuses and Courses.
- Language of Examination.
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply for IBSAT 2017?
- Slot Booking.
- Admit Card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Selection Procedure.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
- Contact Details.
IBS Campuses and Courses
- IBS Hyderabad.
- IBS Dehradun.
- IBS Kolkata.
- IBS Mumbai.
- IBS Pune.
- IBS Ahmedabad.
- IBS Bengaluru.
- IBS Gurgaon.
- IBS Jaipur.
Of these 9 campuses, MBA is offered at Hyderabad, Dehradun and Jaipur Campuses only. Rest of the 6 campuses offer the PGPM program and hence award Diploma Certificates and not degrees (much like the IIMs).
Language of Examination
The IBSAT exam 2017 will be conducted in ENGLISH language only.
Type of Examination
The IBSAT exam 2017 is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
IBSAT Exam Date
The IBSAT Exam 2017 will be held from 21st Dec to 24th Dec 2017.
The Eligibility Criteria for IBSAT Exam 2017 is:
- The Candidate must complete at least 15 years of Education (i.e., 10+2+3 or 10+2+4).
- Age Limit: There is no age limit.
- The candidate must complete graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks.
- English Medium: The candidate must have completed their graduation with the English language as Medium.
The applicants who have not done their graduation in English Medium must submit their IELTS/TOEFL/NELT scores before 31st May 2018.
- Candidates in their final year of Graduation can also apply, provided they are capable of submitting their degree before 1st Nov 2018.
IBSAT Exam 2017 application forms have been released.
Candidates must submit their IBSAT 2017 applications on or before 12th Dec 2017.
The filling and submission of the Application Forms for IBSAT Exam 2017 can be done either online or via Offline Mode (applications available at IBS Marketing branches).
To know to list of branches/campuses where offline applications can be purchased, visit the link http://ibsindia.org/contact-us.
IBSAT Application Fee
The Application Fee for IBSAT exam 2017 is Rs. 1800 for all categories. Application Fee is non-refundable.
Application Fee can either be paid:
- Online via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking or
- Off-line through the IBS Center, at the time of purchasing the IBSAT exam application form.
The application form is first required to be purchased from an IBS branch or Campus or marketing branch. To know to the list of such branches/campuses, follow the link http://ibsindia.org/contact-us.
- Candidate will get an information bulletin along with the application form purchased over the counter. Please do go through this bulletin before further applying.
- The IBS exam form must be filled very carefully to ensure it is error-free.
- Candidates need to paste a passport size photograph in the provided space.
- The form must then be submitted to the admission counter of the IBS.
- The acknowledgment slip that the candidate will receive from the admission authority after submission of their form must be kept safely for future use.
- The application forms for IBSAT exam are currently available on the official website of IBSAT 2017. Visit the link http://admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2017/registration/ to apply.
- Personal Information like Name, Address, E-mail ID, DOB, Age, Contact Details, Educational Qualification, etc will have to be filled before clicking on the Apply button.
- A recently clicked colored Photograph (Size: Not more than 25KB) of the Candidate should be uploaded in JPEG or GIF format.
- Click on the Submit button to proceed further with fee payment.
- After successful payment, the candidate must read carefully all the conditions contained in the self-declaration page before clicking on the Agree button.
- The candidate will then receive a mail in their registered e-mail confirming their successful registration and containing their IBSAT username and password.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the application form for future need.
IBSAT Exam Slot Booking
Each and every candidate who has successfully applied for IBSAT exam shall have to book an exam slot as per his preference. In this process, the candidates need to choose an exam date, time and venue for IBSAT 2017.
The slot booking procedure will start from 3rd week of November 2017, with the system following the first-come-first-serve criterion.
IBSAT Exam Admit Card
Regarding the IBSAT exam 2017 Admit Card, note the following Points:
- The IBSAT exam 2017 Admit Card will be available online, probably in the month of November after the candidate has completed the slot booking procedure.
- Applicants will have to download their Admit Cards from the official Website as they will not be sent via post.
- The details of Exam Date, Time and Venue will be contained in the Admit Card along with the applicants’ name, roll number, and photograph.
IBSAT Exam Pattern
Admissions at the 9 IBS campuses across India is through a 3 Staged process —Written Exam (the IBSAT exam), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
The Candidates qualifying the Written Exam will be called to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds at IBS Hyderabad.
Stage 1: Written Examination (IBSAT Exam)
The IBSAT exam is a 2-hour long management entrance exam. It is a computer-based test (CBT) with 140 questions in total. Each of these 140 questions carries 1 mark.
There will be 4 sections on four different subjects, each having a fixed number of Questions and Marks allocated in the following manner:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||30||30|
Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for any wrong/unanswered question.
Stage 2: Group Discussion (GD)
Upon clearing the written exam i.e. IBSAT exam, the candidate has to appear for the GD and PI stages.
- In the GD round, a candidate’s analytical skills, communication skills and an ability of team-work will be tested.
- A group of 8-10 candidates is given a topic on which discussion is made for 15 minutes.
Stage 3: Personal Interview (PI)
In this stage, the communication Skills, Confidence Level, Attitude and Aptitude of a Candidate is judged by a panel of Interviewers.
The duration of this round is not fixed. However, an average interview takes around 30 minutes to complete.
The Syllabus of IBSAT exam 2017 is as follows:
Suggested: Check out the list of important books of CAT Preparation.
Section A: Verbal Ability
This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of English Language
- Contextual Usage / English Usage
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One Word Substitution
- Phrasal Verbs
- Incorrect Words
- Sentence Correction
- Find the Missing Word
- Para Jumble
Section B: Comprehension Reading
In this section, candidates are required to answer questions based on Comprehension Passages.
There will be 3 comprehension passages from which direct questions that seek factual answers would be asked.
Section C: Quantitative Ability
This section examines a Candidate’s Numerical Ability and Problem Solving Skills.
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Clock Problems
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- LCM and HCF
- Linear Equation
- Quadratic Equation
- Number System
- Instalment Payment
- Arithmetic Progression
- Permutation and Combination
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Section D: Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
This section is designed to check the Candidate’s ability to deal with Complex Data. A Candidate needs to answer the Questions on the basis of Quick Calculations.
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Statements and Conclusions
- Cause and Effect
- Matrix Arrangements
- Bar and Column Graphs
- Pie Charts
IBSAT Exam Result
IBSAT exam 2017 Results will be announced on 2nd January 2018. The Results would be available on their official website.
The candidates selected for the pre-admission procedure would be called for a Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview (PI) round. A candidate’s final admission will be judged on the basis of the IBSAT score card, GD, and PI.
|Release of IBSAT Exam 2017 Official Notification||1st July 2017|
|Application Begins||1st July 2017|
|Last Date for Applying for IBSAT Exam 2017||12th December 2017|
|Slot Booking||3rd week of November 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of November 2017|
|IBSAT Exam Date||21st December – 24th December 2017|
|Result Announcement||2nd January 2018|
|Selection Procedure (GD & PI)||20th February – 26th Feb 2018|
|Final Result Declaration||March 2018|
|Application of the link||Link|
|IBS Official Website||http://ibsindia.org|
|IBSAT Exam Official website||http://ibsindia.org/admissions/|
|IBSAT Exam Online Application portal||http://admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2017/registration/|
|IBSAT Offline application purchase branches||http://ibsindia.org/contact-us/|
IBS Admissions Office
65, Nagarjuna Hills
Hyderabad – 500082
Telephone Board: 040 – 23440963
Toll Free:1800 425 55 66 77