Common Admission Test, commonly known as CAT, is an All India level management entrance examination for admission to 20 IIMs. Started in 1950, CAT Exam is considered as one of the toughest examinations in India, a fact justified by its low selection rate. The test is conducted each year on a rotational basis by one of the 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). CAT Exam 2017 will be organized by IIM Lucknow. In 2016, 0.2 million candidates appeared for CAT 2016.
List of Contents
- Conducting IIM.
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination.
- Medium of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- List of IIMs.
- How to apply?
- Admit card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Recommended Books.
- Selection Procedure of IIMs.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
As per the latest announcement, CAT Exam 2017 will be conducted by IIM Lucknow.
Type of Examination
CAT Exam 2017 will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) in nature.
CAT 2017 Exam Date
CAT Exam 2017 is expected to be held in the first week of December 2017. The exact date is yet to be declared.
Medium of Examination
CAT Exam 2017 will be conducted in English language only.
CAT 2017 Eligibility
- Graduation: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized college in any discipline.
Candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks in qualifying degree. The ones belonging to the reserved category i.e. SC, ST or Physically Disabled are given a relaxation of 5% marks in the same.
- The ones who are in final year can also apply for CAT Exam 2017.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for CAT Exam 2017.
- Professional Degree: CA or CS or ICWA students are also eligible to apply for CAT exam 2017.
List of IIMs
- IIM, Ahmedabad.
- IIM, Calcutta.
- IIM, Indore.
- IIM, Lucknow.
- IIM, Bangalore.
- IIM, Kozhikode.
- IIM, Jammu.
- IIM, Sambhalpur.
- IIM, Amritsar.
- IIM, Bodh Gaya.
- IIM, Nagpur.
- IIM, Trichy.
- IIM, Shillong.
- IIM, Rohtak.
- IIM, Udaipur.
- IIM, Ranchi.
- IIM, Raipur.
- IIM, Kashipur.
- IIM, Visakhapatnam.
- IIM, Sirmaur.
How to Apply?
CAT Exam 2017 official notification is expected to be out in July 2017 with applications being available by August 2017.
Application form of CAT Exam 2017 will be available on the official website of CAT. Candidates can register for this CAT exam 2017 via online mode only.
CAT Application Fee
- General or NC-OBC candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1700.
- For SC or ST or PWD candidates, the fee is Rs. 850/-.
Mode of Payment
The CAT Exam 2017 application fee can be paid only through:
- Debit card or
- Credit card or
- Net banking.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
- Scanned passport-sized photograph of .jpg or .jpeg format with the dimensions of 35mm x 45mm and file size less than 80 kb.
- Scanned signature of the candidate in .jpg or .jpeg format with dimensions being 80mm x 35mm and file size less than 80 kb.
- Self-attested scanned copy of NC-OBC/SC/ST / PWD/DA Certificate in PDF format.
- Click on the website link.
- There you’ll find a link for the application form. Click on that.
- Enter your Registration details and register yourself.
- A user id and password will be generated after registration.
- You will have to fill personal, educational, programs and other relevant details carefully.
- Upload scanned signature and photograph along with various essential documents. (A small detail about it is given below).
- Candidates are required to pay the fee through online mode only. (Mode and amount are given above).
- Once you have done this, take a print out of the application form for future use.
CAT 2017 Admit Card
You can download the CAT Exam 2017 admit card from the official website in October 2017. Here are following steps to be followed for downloading admit card.
- Log on the official website of CAT.
- Login using user id and password generated at the time of registration.
- Download admit card.
- Take the print out of this admit card.
You must take admit card along with a valid identity proof to the examination center.
CAT Exam 2017 Exam Pattern
CAT Exam 2017 will be of 180 minutes long, where each 60 minutes period will be allotted for each section. The exam will have two types of question spread across three sections as tabulated below:
|Quantitative Ability||24||10||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||24||10||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||22||08||60 Min||96|
You will be awarded 3 marks for each correct answer.
However, if it is a multiple choice question (MCQ), a deduction of 1 mark will be made for each wrong answer. For
For other types of questions, no marks will be deducted under any circumstance.
Apart from the above facts, a candidate cannot switch to other sections while attempting a particular section. For Example, if Shubham is currently attempting QA section then he cannot switch to VRQ section during the 1-hour time allotted to QA section.
CAT 2017 Results
CAT Exam 2017 results are expected to be out in the 2nd week of January 2018.
Discover in detail about the best books for CAT preparation at edupadhai.com/buy-cat-books.
Admission Procedure of IIMs
CAT Exam 2017 conducting body will send each candidate’s score to all 20 IIMs. Based on each candidate’s CAT 2017, past academic record and work experience, candidates will be shortlisted for further processes.
Please remember that each IIM has it’s own methodology of selecting prospective students. Also, this selection criterion may or may not change every year.
Here are the important dates related to CAT Exam 2017:
|Issue of Notification||4th week of July 2017|
|Online application starting date||2nd week of August 2017|
|Online application closing date||4th week of September 2017|
|CAT Exam 2017 Admit Card release date||October 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam date||1st week of December 2017|
|CAT Exam 2017 Result date||2nd week of January 2018|