Last updated on May 15th, 2018 at 07:14 pm
NMAT 2018 application portal is open now.
NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) is a national level entrance examination for admission to leading management schools in India. It is a computer administered test owned by the Graduate Admission Council (GMAC) and organized every year by the NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) for admission to MBA courses at NMIMS and other B-Schools. In 2015, nearly 55,000 candidates took the NMAT Test conducted by GMAT.
Suggested: Discover and apply for IBSAT 2017 (IBS Aptitude Test).
List of Contents
- Exam Date.
- Number of Attempts
- Type of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Examination Pattern.
- Test Cities.
- Institutes accepting NMAT Scores.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
NMAT 2018 Exam Date
The NMAT 2018 exam can be taken on any date between 5th October 2017 and 18th December 2017.
Number of Attempts
A candidate can attempt the NMAT 2018 exam thrice against a single application in a given year. These 3 attempts include the first attempt followed by 2 optional reattempts.
For example, a student appears for NMAT 2018 on 10th October 2017 and finds his/her performance unsatisfactory then he/she can choose to reschedule the exam on the remaining days. This reattempt (if taken) will be considered the 2nd attempt. Similarly, a candidate can schedule his/her 3rd attempt.
Type of Examination
NMAT 2018 exam is a Computer based Online Test.
- Graduation: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Applicants who will be appearing for their final year graduation exam will be eligible to apply only when they secure 50% in that exam and provide the necessary original documents.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit.
These are the basic eligibility clause for taking the NMAT 2018 exam. However, the admission criteria shall vary institute to institute.
- Clearance from the Government and a Student Visa from Indian Embassy from the candidate’s country.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates having more than 2 years of post qualification will be given preference.
Applicants who have cleared their graduation by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally through any open schools are NOT eligible under any conditions.
How to Apply?
Registrations for NMAT 2018 shall begin from 4th July 2017 and will end on 3rd October 2017. Late registrations shall be admissible from 4th October to 14th October 2017.
Interested applicants can apply for NMAT 2018 through the website http://www.nmat.org.in/.
No OFFLINE mode of application will be available for NMAT 2018.
The fee structure for the NMAT 2018 Examination is as follows:
|Early Registration||Rs. 1800|
|Late Registration||Rs. 2000|
|Additional Score Report (beyond first 7)||Rs. 200 per score report|
Following Mode of Payments shall be accepted for NMAT 2018:
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express Debit/Credit Card
- Net banking.
- Mobile Wallets.
Money for the rescheduling must be paid via Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express) only.
NMAT Photo Specification
- Colored photograph – JPEG/JPG/PNG/GIF Format – size less than 1 Mb.
- Uploading a signature is not necessary.
Candidates can apply for NMAT 2018 via the link https://nmatbygmac.formistry.com/?&_ga=1.45341924.1511532709.1476334847#register in between 4th July and 3rd October 2017.
- The candidate will have to create their account using their valid email address.
- Then, they have to provide all their personal details like contact number, educational qualifications, and work experiences.
- The applicants then have to choose schools to send the scores.
- Candidates can select up to seven courses.
- The applicants then have to upload their scanned photograph in JPEG format.
- And then, submit the fees.
- Once the payment is done, the exam schedule option could be accessed by them where the applicants can schedule the date, time and location from 27 test centers for their online examinations.
- NMAT 2018 Admit Card will be issued after getting registered.
- Candidates will have to download the admit cards from the official site of NMAT 2018 using their registered Email ID and password.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card at the time of the exam, without which the applicants would not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Retention of the Admit Card is necessary even after the conduction of the NMAT 2018 examination.
Documents to be Carried to the Exam Centre
Candidates are required to carry the following along with their NMAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Confirmation email print out
- One valid primary Identification proof
- Another secondary ID
- Copy of Class 10th Certificate
- Photocopy of the Primary ID
- Necessary Documents for PWD Candidates.
NMAT 2018 Pattern
- NMAT 2018 exam is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted online.
- The maximum time allotted for the completion of the exam is 2 hours, with each section having a fixed allocated time for their completion
- It will comprise of 120 multiple choice questions only and no descriptive questions.
- NMAT 2018 will have no negative mark for wrong answers, enabling the candidate to take a calculated risk while answering.
- There are three sections, each having a fixed number of questions and are individually timed in the following manner.
|Section||No. of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Language Skills||32||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 minutes|
- The candidates are allowed to choose the order in which they want to attempt each of the section.
- After completing a section if the examinee decides to move to the next section, or if they are automatically taken to the next section after the time allocated for that section runs out, they cannot return back to the previous section.
- The Examinee cannot add the remaining time of one section to the other sections. If the examinee completes a section before their allocated time, they can choose to move to the next section but the balanced time from the previous section cannot be added to the next sections’ allotted time.
- The final result would be declared online in the 3rd week of January 2018 by GMAC on the official website of NMAT 2018.
- The result will provide the candidate’s percentile score.
- The candidate will have to enter their email and password to access the results.
The syllabus of NMAT 2018 Examination:
- Dictionary Meanings of Different Words.
- Language usage and their rules.
- Syntax and Correct Grammar.
- Date Interpretation and DS.
- 2D and 3D Geometry.
- Bar Graph.
- Line Graph.
- Pie Chart.
- Multi-dimensional arrangements.
Suggested: Know about the recommended books for CAT preparation.
Applicants can check the list of NMAT 2018 test centers on the link http://www.nmat.org.in/test-takers/test-centres/.
Institutes Accepting NMAT 2018 Scores
The official list of institutes accepting NMAT 2018 scores is as follows:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management – Bhubaneswar.
- Xavier School of Rural Management – Bhubaneswar.
- Xavier School of Sustainability – Bhubaneswar.
- Xavier Faculty of Management (Urban Management & Governance) – Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi.
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations.
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University.
- VIT University.
- Amity University.
- Thapar School of Management.
- Woxsen School of Business Management.
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES).
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam.
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University.
- SRM University.
- BML Munjal University.
- Mody University.
|NMAT 2018 Registration||4th July 2017 – 3rd October 2017|
|Scheduling exam date for NMAT 2018||4th July 2017|
|Late Registration||4th October 2017 – 14th October 2017|
|Registration for Retaking NMAT 2018||6th October 2017 – 14th December 2017|
|Rescheduling||4th July 2017 – 15th December 2017|
|NMAT 2018 Exam Dates||5th October 2017 – 18th December 2017|
|Retake Scheduling||6th October 2017 – 15th December 2017|
|NMAT 2018 Result Announcement||3rd week of January 2018|
|Application of Link||Link|
|NMAT 2018 Official website||http://www.nmat.org.in|
|NMAT 2018 Official practice exam||http://www.nmat.org.in/nmat-prep-by-gmac-product.|
|For Test Takers with disabilities||http://www.nmat.org.in/test-takers/test-takers-with-disabilities.|
|NMAT 2018 Application link||https://nmatbygmac.formistry.com/?&_ga=1.45341924.1511532709.1476334847#register.|
|NMAT 2018 Test Centers||http://www.nmat.org.in/test-takers/test-centres/.|
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for more updates in future. Also, comment below if you have any request or query or suggestion.