Last updated on January 6th, 2019 at 07:15 pm
LATEST UPDATES : Release of notification of SSC JE 2018 has been delayed and accordingly exam date will be delayed.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the JE (Junior Engineering) recruitment examination to employ engineering graduates in different Departments of Govt. The recruitment process involves 2-Papers, held annually, meant for testing candidate’s engineering knowledge and General aptitude. The exam is usually conducted in December or January of each year. In 2016, 3 million applicants took the SSC JE recruitment test.
Suggested: Learn in detail about SSC CGL 2018 examination.
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Number of Vacancies
- Language of Examination
- Type of Examination
- Date of Examination
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card
- Exam Pattern
- Answer Key.
- Pay Scale.
- Important Links.
SSC JE 2018 Important Dates (Announced)
|Release of Official Notification||15th Dec 2018|
|Registration Begins||15th Dec 20189 ( Delayed)|
|Last Date for Applying||7th Jan 2019( Delayed)|
|Availability of Admit Card for Part-I||Jan 2018|
|SSC JE 2018 Paper-I Exam||To be notified Later|
|SSC JE 2018 paper-I Result Declaration||To be notified Later|
|Availability of Admit Card for Part-II||To be notified Later|
|SSC JE 2018 Paper II Exam||To be notified Later|
|SSC JE 2018 Paper II Result Declaration||To be notified Later|
SSC JE 2018 Vacancy
No official notification regarding SSC JE 2018 vacancies has been published as of now. The numbers of vacancies released in the previous two years are:
|Year||No of Vacancies (as per ssc.nic.in)|
Language of Examination
The SSC JE 2018 examination will be conducted in the following two languages:
Mode of Answering
SSC JE 2018 involves two different papers – Paper I and Paper II.
The Paper I of SSC JE 2018 shall be a computer-based test (CBT) while Paper II will be a conventional descriptive type paper (like school/university exams).
|Paper||Mode of Answering|
|Paper I||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Paper II||Descriptive Paper|
Candidates must clear Paper I of SSC JE 2018 in order to appear for Paper II.
SSC JE 2018 Exam Date
As per latest notice from SSC, exam dates for SSC Stenographer 2018 have been postponed indefinitely.
SSC JE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure to have any of the following nationalities for SSC JE 2018 exam:
- Citizen of India.
- Belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee, who had come to India before 1st January 1962, and have their permanent settlement in India,
- Emigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia who intend for permanent settlement in India.
Educational Qualification (as on 1st August 2018)
BE/B.Tech/Diploma in Engineering from a recognized college or university is the minimum criteria required for all the candidates appearing in the SSC JE 2018 Examination.
The additional criteria required in accordance to the posts applied are tabulated below:
|Junior Civil Engineer at CPWD||Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Junior Electrical Engineer at CPWD||Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering|
|Junior Engineer (Civil) at MES|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical) at MES|
|Junior (QS & C) Engineer at MES||3 Years’ Diploma in Civil Engineering.|
Intermediate Exam in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional-II from the Institute of Surveyors (India)
|Junior Engineer (Civil) at Department of Posts||3 Years’ Diploma or Equivalent Education in Civil Engineering.|
|Junior Electrical Engineer at Department of Posts||3 Years’ Diploma/Equivalent Education in Electrical Engineering|
|Junior Mechanical and Civil Engineer at CWC||Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Civil Engineering|
|Junior Engineer (Civil/Electrical) in Central Water Power Research Station.||Diploma in Civil/Electrical Engineering|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical) Dte of Quality Assurance Naval|
Candidates must be able to produce relevant certificates/Provisional Degree/Mark sheets in original on or before 1st August 2018.
SSC JE 2018 Age Limits
No lower age limit bar exists for SSC JE 2018. However, upper limits do exist corresponding to the post applied for.
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||JE (Surveying and Contract)||18-27 years|
|JE (Civil/Electrical & Mechanical)||Upto 30 years|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||JE (Civil/Electrical)||Upto 32 years|
|Central Water Commission (CWC)||JE (Civil/Mech)||Upto 32 years|
|Central Water Power Research Station||JE (Civil/Electrical)||Upto 30 Years|
|Dte of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quality Assurance)- (Electrical)/(Mechanical)||Upto 30 years|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||18-27 years|
Following age relaxations are presented as per category of applicant.
|PH (GEN)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||03 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||08 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||06 years|
SSC JE 2018 Application
SSC JE 2018 application form will be available in digital format only. No off-line form of registration will be acceptable.
The application forms of SSC JE 2018 will be available from 1st September to 23rd September 2018 (announced).
SSC JE 2018 Application Fee
The registration fee for SSC JE 2018 shall be Rs. 100 for General/OBC category candidates.
A complete fee exemption is observed in the case of SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation) /Female candidates.
|General category/OBC||Rs. 100|
|Female Category||No fee|
|Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation)||No fee|
Candidates can pay the application fee through both Online & Offline mediums. The available mediums are:
- SBI Challan (payment in cash).
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card/Debit Card.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
- Scanned Photograph (Size: 4KB-12KB; Resolution: 100 X 120 pixels) in JPEG Format.
- Scanned signature (Size: 11KB-12KB; Resolution: 40 X 60 pixels) should be uploaded in JPEG format.
Steps of Applying
Much like the UPSC examinations, SSC JE 2018 application also comprises of two parts:
The part I of the application form comprises of the basic personal details of a candidate such as Name, Address, Email, Contact Details, Educational qualifications, Posts etc.
Part II includes only three steps:
- Payment of Application fee.
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature.
- Printing of completed application fee.
Candidates must not send the printed application form to SSC office under any circumstance. The Application process is completely online.
SSC JE 2018 Admit Card
- The SSC JE 2018 Paper-I admit card will be available in the Feb 2019 tentatively. Applicants have to download their Admit Card from the official Website of SSC.
- The details of Exam Date and Exam Centre will be contained in the Admit Card.
- ID proofs such as Adhaar Card, Voter Cards, Driving Licence, etc should be brought along with the Admit Card on the day of the Examination.
SSC JE 2018 Exam Pattern
The SSC JE 2018 examination will be a 2-step recruitment test. Step one of the process involves a computer-based test while the second stage is a conventional paper.
Both of these papers will test candidate’s engineering knowledge along with general aptitude.
|Particulars||Paper I||Paper II|
|No of Questions||Not disclosed.||Not disclosed|
|Marking Scheme||· 0.25 marks deducted for the wrong answer.|
|Total Marks||200 marks||300 marks|
|Qualifying marks||As per cut off|
Part B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Part A (100 marks) General Engineering. (Civil & Structural)|
Part B General Engineering (Electrical)
Part C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Mode of Answering||Computer-based Test (CBT)||Conventional Test.|
- Paper I is a 2-hours long computer-based test. It will only comprise of Objective type questions.
- The total marks allotted to paper I shall be 200 marks.
- The paper will have 3 sections, each having a fixed number of questions:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
(Any One Part)
- General Engineering section will consist of 3 Parts, from which the candidates need to attempt any one part according to the post he/she is applying for:
Part A: Civil and Structural
Part B: Electrical
Part C: Mechanical
- Negative Marking: 1/4th (0.25) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Candidates who will qualify the Paper I of SSC JE 2018 exam will take Paper II for the final recruitment.
- Paper II of SSC JE 2018 examination will be a Descriptive/Conventional Type paper much like college/school exams.
- The duration of the test shall be 2-hours with a total of 300 marks at stake.
- Like Paper I, Paper II also consists of 3 parts, out of which the candidate needs to answer one part according to the post applied for. These 3 parts can be detailed as follows:
Part A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural)
Part B: General Engineering (Electrical)
Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical).
SSC JE 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus of SSC JE 2018 shall be uploaded shortly.
Also Read: Discover the books recommended for SSC CGL 2018 preparation.
SSC JE 2018 Answer Key
The answer key of SSC JE 2018 Paper I Exam will be available on the Official Website within weeks of exam completion.
SSC JE 2018 Results
- SSC JE 2018 Paper I Results will be announced in the 4th week of December 2018.
- Paper-I will act as a Qualifying Stage for Paper-II.
- A candidate is required to search for his Name, Roll Number and Date of Birth in order to view this result.
- Final results of SSC JE 2018 shall arrive by May 2019.
- The performance of the candidate in both the parts will determine their Final Selection.
SSC JE 2018 Pay Scale
- Grade Pay: 4200
- Gross Pay: 32,667-Rs. 37,119.
|Application of Link||Link|
|SSC Official website||http://ssc.nic.in/|
|SSC Application Portal||http://ssconline.nic.in/|
|SSC JE 2018 Official Brochure||Yet to be published.|
|SSC JE 2018 Vacancies||Yet to be Published.|
|SSC JE 2018 Answer Key||Yet to be Published.|