Last updated on March 5th, 2019 at 11:42 pm
- SSC has released the notification for CHSL 2019 on 05 March 2019. Registration is opened from 05 March 2019. Important dates are tabulated as under:
SSC CHSL 2018 Important Dates (Registration Open)
|Release of Official Notification||05 March 2019|
|Availability of Online Application Form||05 March 2019|
|Last Date for Applying||05 April 2019 5.00 pm|
|Last date for making online fee payment||07.04.2019 (5.00 pm)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||07.04.2019 (5.00 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||09.04.2019 ( During bank hours)|
|Availability of Admit Card Tier I||Jun 2019 Tentative|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I Exam (computer based Exam)||01-07-2019 to 26-07-2019|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I Result Declaration||August 2019|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-II Exam (Descriptive Type)||29 Sept 2019|
|SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-II Result Declaration||October 2019|
- Aspirants can register on line by logging on the following link by Log in button:
The article describes the SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus in great detail. The SSC CHSL exam is usually held in December of the said year for clerical recruitment in various departments. Through the article, a detailed description of SSC CHSL 2018 syllabus (Tier I) has been made. In 2016, around 6 million candidates registered for the exam.
SSC has released the exam calendar for the recruitment exams to be held in 2019-2020. Log on
Suggested: Learn in detail about SSC CGL Syllabus.
The tier I of SSC CHSL will be 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes) long computer-based test (CBT). It will comprise of 200 multiple choice questions, divided into 4 sections, carrying 2 marks each.
These 4 sections involve the following blueprint:
No of Questions
- Negative Marking: 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
General Intelligence (50 Marks)
- Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Analogy, Figural Analogy
- Symbolic operations, Trends
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Number Series, Figural Series
- Embedded figures
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and decoding
- Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
English Language (50 Marks)
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentence
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage,
- Cloze Passage,
- Comprehension Passage.
Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
The quantitative aptitude part of SSC CHSL Syllabus will have questions pertaining to 10th-grade level.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal, and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.
Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
General Awareness (50 Marks)
- Current Events.
- India & Its neighboring countries with questions on History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
For more details on SSC exams, follow the link ssc.nic.in.
Stay Tuned for more updates on SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus in future. Comment down below if you have any queries or suggestions for the team.