Last updated on July 13th, 2018 at 04:51 pm
Read about SSC CGL 2018 in Hindi
Exam date for SSC CGL 2018 (Tier I) has been postponed indefinitely. For future updates, keep visiting EduPadhai.
Application portal for SSC CGL 2018 has been closed.
CGL (Combined Graduate Level) is a recruitment examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for subordinate staff employment. The SSC CGL examination involves a 3-tier procedure held for Group B recruitment. The exam scores are used by most of the central govt departments/ministries to recruit Group B staff. In 2017, nearly 30 lakhs registrations were received for SSC CGL 2017.
Suggested: Discover in detail about the SSC CHSL 2018 examination.
Read in detail about SSC JE 2018 examination.
List of Contents
- Important Dates.
- Number of Vacancies.
- Language of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria
- SSC CGL Syllabus
- SSC CGL Application
- Admit Card.
- Exam Pattern.
- SSC CGL Preparation Books.
- Important Links.
SSC CGL 2018 Important Dates (Announced)
|Release of Official Notification||5th May 2018 (Postponed)|
|Registration Begins||5th May 2018|
|Last Date for Applying||5th June 2018 (Extended)|
|Availability of Admit Card for Tier-I||Last week of June 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I Exam||Postponed Indefinitely.|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Result Declaration||September 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card for Tier-II||October 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-II Exam||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Result Declaration||December 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card for Tier-III||January 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam||January 2018 (To be Announced later)|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Result Declaration||February 2018|
|Tier-IV Exam||March 2018 (To be announced later)|
SSC CGL 2018 Vacancies
The total number of vacancies was 3,805 for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates can check the list of available posts at edupadhai.com/ssc-cgl-2017.
Currently, no numbers can be put forward with regards to SSC CGL 2018 vacancies.
Language of Examination
The SSC CGL exam 2018 examination will be conducted in the following two languages:
Type of Examination
As mentioned in the introduction, SSC CGL 2018 exam will be a Four Tier Exam system. The mode of answering for each tier shall be as follows:
- Tier I: Computer Based Online Exam.
- Tier II: Computer Based Online Exam.
- Tier III: Offline Mode.
- Tier IV: Skill Test.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Date
The SSC CGL 2018 exam dates have been announced by SSC.
The various tiers of SSC CGL 2018 examination will be held on the following dates:
|Tier – I||Postponed indefinitely.|
|Tier – II||To be announced later.|
|Tier – III||January 2019 (To be announced later)|
|Tier – IV||February 2019 (to be announced later)|
SSC CGL Syllabus
Read in detail about the SSC CGL syllabus at http://edupadhai.com/ssc-cgl-2018-syllabus/.
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility
Candidates of the following Nationalities can apply for SSC CGL exam 2018:
- Citizen of India.
- Belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Immigrates from Countries like Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Burma and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam and Ethiopia with the intent of permanent settlement in India.
The SSC CGL exam 2018 scores will be used to recruit subordinate staff for various departments hence, additional qualification requirements are there for certain specific posts.
- Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Account Officer
Basic Qualifications: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college in India.
Additional Qualifications: For the post of AAO, it is desirable of the candidate to possess any one of the following degrees:
- Chartered Accountant.
- Cost & Management Accountant.
- Company Secretary.
- Masters In Commerce.
- Masters in Business Studies.
- Masters in Business Administration (Finance).
- Masters in Business Economics.
- Junior Statistical Officer: Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard.
The applicant is a graduate from any recognized university with statistics as one of his/her subjects during graduation.
- For Every Other Post: Candidate possessing a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university/institute in India are eligible for SSC CGL 2018.
Students pursuing Final Year of studies can apply for SSC CGL 2018, however, they must present Bachelor’s degree on or before 1st August 2018.
SSC CGL 2018 Age Limit
- Age limits fall in between 18 to 32 years (as on 1st August 2018), depending upon the post applied for.
- Age Relaxations are applicable as under:
|PH (GEN)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
For the detailed description of age limits, read the information brochure carefully.
SSC CGL 2018 Application Form
SSC CGL 2018 application forms are no longer available.
SSC CGL 2018 Application fee
The application fee for SSC CGL 2018 exam shall be Rs. 100 only.
However, there is no application fee for Female/SC/ST/OBC /PH category candidates.
Application fee can be paid by either of the following methods:
- Computer generated Challan to be deposited in SBI.
- SBI Net Banking.
- Credit Card/Debit Card of any bank.
SSC CGL 2018 Photo and Signature Size
- Scanned photograph – JPG Format – 30 Kb – 50 Kb.
- Scanned Signature – JPG format – 1 kb – 12 Kb.
SSC CGL Admit Card
- Tier I: The SSC CGL 2018 Tier I Admit Cards will be available in the month of June 2018.
- Tier II: SSC CGL 2018 Tier II Admit cards are expected by September 2018.
- Tier II: Tier III admit cards are expected to be published online by November 2018.
Read about SSC CGL Admit Card in detail, follow http://edupadhai.com/ssc-cgl-admit-card-2018/.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL 2018 exam is a 4-Tier exam. The pattern of each tier is described below.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier I examination will be 1-hour long examination with a total of 200 marks. The whole question paper will be divided into 4 sections:
|S.No.||Section Name||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
- The Tier I of SSC CGL 2018 will be a computer-based test (CBT).
- Negative Marking: 1/2 (0.50) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Tier II of SSC CGL 2018 will also be a Computer-based test, similar to Tier I. The Exam is divided into 4 papers, where:
- The paper I and Paper II are Compulsory for all posts.
- Paper III is meant only for the post of Statistical Investigation.
- Paper IV is meant for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
A deduction of ¼ marks is made in the case of Paper II for wrong answers, while it is ½ marks in case of Paper I.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper III: Statistics||100||200|
|Paper IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Candidates who successfully clear Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL 2018 can appear for Tier III.
The tier III exam will be a 1-hour long descriptive test in Pen/paper mode wherein candidate will be asked to write an Essay or letter or Precise in English or Hindi.
Tier-IV (Only for the post of Tax Assistant)
The tier IV of SSC CGL 2018 will be a computer proficiency test wherein the candidates will be tested for typing speed.
The exam is also called Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
SSC CGL Books
Our team has produced a list of recommended SSC CGL 2018 preparation books. Please visit the link http://edupadhai.com/ssc-cgl-books/ for details.
SSC CGL Results
SSC CGL 2018 Results of every tier will be published within 1 month of the exam date of the corresponding tier.
To know more about CGL 2018 Results, follow the link http://edupadhai.com/ssc-cgl-2018-results/.
|Use of Link||Link|
|SSC Official Website||http://ssc.nic.in/|
|SSC CGL application Portal||Closed.|
|SSC CGL Tentative Vacancies||Yet to be published.|
|SSC CGL brochure/Notice||http://184.108.40.206/cgle2018/html/cglenotice2018.pdf|