AMCAT which stands for Aspiring Minds’ Computer Adaptive Test is an employability test conducted by Aspiring Minds to connect deserving candidates with reputed employers, through computer adaptive test. Unlike popular entrance tests in India, AMCAT is conducted throughout the year across the nation. Currently, more than 700 small and medium enterprises are using AMCAT scores as a means to recruit their employees. Some of the popular companies that currently use AMCAT scores include Accenture, Cognizant, HP, Uber etc.
What is a Computer Adaptive test?
A computer adaptive test is a type of computer-based test that adapts to an examinee’s ability. Basically, such tests choose questions based on candidate’s performance in preceding questions.
Suggested: Learn in detail about the GATE 2018 examination.
List of Contents
- Date of Examination
- Type of Examination
- Industries covered.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Test Cities
- Significance of Scores.
- How to Apply?
- Examination Pattern
- Useful Links
AMCAT Exam Dates
AMCAT is conducted every month in as many as 32 cities across India.
The frequency of the conduction varies city to city.
For Example, in a city like Bangalore where there are a lot of techies, the test is conducted on every third day of the month.
Mode of Examination
It is a computer adaptive test examination (a type of Computer based test).
Unlike many employability tests which care about domain-related questions only, AMCAT also considers questions testing communication skills, logical reasoning and aptitude.
Today many industries have come under the purview of AMCAT with major MNC’s taking this examination into consideration. Following major industries are actively using this test for recruitment.
- Financial Institutions
- Information Technology companies
- Automobile Companies
- Banking Companies and Institutions
- Corporate Companies
- Telecommunication companies
- Hospitality sector companies
- Digital Marketing Companies
- Education Industry.
- Manufacturing Sector.
- Advertising & Marketing.
and many more industries are entering this sphere. For more details, follow the link https://www.myamcat.com/jobs.
Candidates in possession of a diploma or bachelors or master’s or doctorate degree are eligible for the exam.
There is no age limit for the test.
There is no limit to the number of attempts that a candidate can take. However, a gap of at least 3 months is mandatory between two successive attempts.
AMCAT Test Centers
As of 2017, AMCAT is conducted in 32 cities of India listed below.
- Navi Mumbai
Significance of AMCAT Score
- Once the test has been taken by the candidate, he/she can view/download the scores using his official AMCAT account.
- Now, the test score would be taken into consideration by AMCAT administration and they would forward your profile score to the companies looking for the skills that you possess. Aspiring Minds (test conducting body) will facilitate this process.
- And the candidate will soon start getting interview calls from the desired companies.
Candidate needs to ensure getting a good score because a better percentile will give the candidate edge over other candidates. As per a popular belief, scores above 90 percentile are considered respectable & useful.
How to Apply for AMCAT?
As mentioned before, applications or registrations are open throughout the year.
Candidates interested in applying can visit https://www.myamcat.com/personal-information?source=myamcatNavigationBar to schedule a test.
A candidate can choose between two types of subscriptions for AMCAT. These include the following:
- 1-year subscription.
- 2-year subscription.
If the candidate takes a one-year subscription, he/she will have to pay Rs. 990 (plus GST) and their score would be valid for one year.
However, if a candidate chooses the two-year subscription, he/she shall pay another Rs. 900 (Plus GST) along with the base price of Rs. 990.
In order to apply for the AMCAT, candidate needs to follow the following steps:
- Create a user account providing the basic details such as name, contact details, course completed and the city for examination. Follow the link https://www.myamcat.com/register-amcat?source=myamcatLoginWidget1 for this activity.
- Choose the exam center, exam date and exam time-slot.
- Choose either the 1-year subscription or the 2-year subscription, according to your personal choice and continue with the fee payment.
- Once the payment is made, you can appear for the test at chosen time & location.
AMCAT Exam Pattern
AMCAT shall be a 3-hour computer-adaptive test. The test comprises of 4 sections:
- English language test.
- Logical Ability.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- Two Optional subjects.
The two optional subjects must be selected during the exam after attempting the first 3 subjects written above.
|English Comprehension||16 minutes / 18 questions||900 marks|
|Quantitative Ability||18 minutes / 16 questions||900 marks|
|Logical Ability||16 minutes / 14 questions||900 marks|
|Optional Subjects||Not disclosed||900 marks|
|Total||3 hours||3600 marks|
Apart from these four papers, following more sections are compulsory:
- Aspiring Minds Personality Inventory (AMPI). (90 questions – 20 minutes)
- Attention to Detail.
- Excel (for Management graduates only).
Optional Paper for the candidate varies according to the professional skills of the candidate. A management graduate can choose from Marketing and Human Resources, while an engineering graduate can choose between Mechanical and Computer science, depending on their field of specialization.
The list of available optional subjects includes the following:
|Engineering Graduate||Management Graduate||Any Graduate|
|Computer Science||Human Resource||Excel|
|Electronics & Semiconductors||Operations||Physics|
|Electrical||Bank & Financial Services||Chemistry|
|Polymer||Food and Beverage Services|
|Instrumentation||Finance & Accounting|
The detailed syllabus shall be published soon.
|Official AMCAT website||https://www.myamcat.com/about-amcat.|