This article educates the audiences about the written exam syllabus for AFCAT 2017 (II), along with recommending some important AFCAT books for preparation. The official notification for AFCAT 2017 (II) will be published on 3rd June 2017 by Indian Air Force. The AFCAT exam is conducted biannually each year by the IAF for hiring its officer staff in various branches of work.
Also Read: Read in detail about AFCAT 2017 (II).
AFCAT 2017 Syllabus for Written Exam
The AFCAT written exam is a 2-hour long objective type paper. It comprises of 100 questions of 3 marks each to be bubbled on the OMR sheets. There is also a negative marking scheme of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
The AFCAT Syllabus has following topics:
- General Awareness: The general awareness sections, as the name suggests, tests the candidate’s awareness of the most common aspects of society. The topics have following sub-topics to the AFCAT Syllabus:
- Art & Culture.
- Basic Sciences.
- Politics & Current Affairs.
- Verbal Ability in English: This section is meant for testing candidate’s knowledge of English Language.
- Error Detection.
- Sentence Completion.
- Synonyms & Antonyms.
- Test of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability: This section is actually a test of candidate’s quantitative Aptitude.
- Decimal Fraction.
- Profit & Loss.
- Ration & Proportion.
- Simple Interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: It adds the following topics to AFCAT Syllabus.
- Verbal Skills.
- Spatial Ability.
Candidates can also have certain sample papers on http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/showfile.asp?link_temp_id=145&lid=77.
List of Important AFCAT books
|S. No.||Book Title||Amazon Link||Flipkart Link|
|1.||AFCAT by Arihant Publishers|
|2.||Let’s Crack EKT by Shaurya Publication|
|3.||Let’s Crack AFCAT by Shaurya Publications LLC|
|4.||AFCAT Topic-wise Solved Paper (2011 – 2016) by Disha Publications|
|5.||AFCAT Exam Guide by Ramesh Publishing House|
Students can comment below if you know of any other book title that we may have missed out.
|Subject Name||Book Title||Amazon Link||Flipkart Link|
|General Awareness||Manorama Yearbook||Not Available|
|Numerical Ability||Quantitative Aptitude (2017 Edition) by R.S Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Old Edition) by R.S Aggarwal|
|Reasoning||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal|
|English||High School English Grammer by Wren & Martin|
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook