Read in Detail about WBJEE 2018
WBJEE 2017 results have been declared. To check your result follow the link http://wbjeeb.nic.in/wbjeemApp/Result/ResultLogin.aspx.
Scanned copies of OMR sheets have been published on WBJEEB official website. Follow the link http://wbjeeb.nic.in/wbjeemapp/omr/candidatelogin.aspx to view the OMR sheets.
Application Portal for WBJEE 2017 is currently closed.
What is WBJEE?
WBJEE or the West Bengal Joint Entrance exam is a common entrance test for admission to Engineering, Medical, Pharmacy, Architecture & Dental studies in WB at UG level. The exam is held every year by the West Bengal Joint Entrance exam board (WBJEEB), under the WB state – govt. Each year more than 3 lakh students appear for WBJEE for UG admissions. This article describes, in detail, WBJEE 2017 for engineering.
Suggested Read: List of top 50 engineering colleges in India, prepared by EduPadhai team.
List of contents
- Mode of Examination.
- Medium of Examination.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Admission through JEE Main 2017.
- How to Apply?
- Exam Pattern.
- Admit Cards.
- Important dates.
- Information brochure.
Mode of Examination
WBJEE 2017 shall be a Pen/Paper exam or OFFLINE exam.
Medium of Examination
The language of WBJEE 2017 question paper will be English.
Date of Examination
WBJEE 2017 will be held on 23rd April 2017.
|Paper-I (Mathematics)||11:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Paper-2 (Physics and Chemistry)||2:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
In the case of WBJEE 2017 for engineering, there will be 2 papers.
- Physics + Chemistry – 2 Hours.
- Mathematics – 2 Hours.
Both of these papers will be of 100 marks each, bringing the total to 200 marks.
Applicant must be Indian Nationality.
- Engineering (other than Marine Engineering): Applicant must be at least 17 years of age on 31st Dec. 2017. There is no upper limit in this case.
- Marine Engineering: For marine engineering, the lower limit is 17 years of age on 31st Dec. 2017. On the other hand, the upper limit is 25 years of age on 31st July 2017.
- State-Aided Universities: In the case of state-aided universities, a reserved category candidate must hold West Bengal domicile as eligibility for admission. However, no domicile requirement is there for General category candidate. The same holds true in the case of Private or self- financed universities & institutes.
- State Govt.- Aided Institutes: For state-owned institutes, both general & reserved category candidates must possess West Bengal domicile for admission.
Institute – wise academic qualifications include the following. The given conditions must be true with the inclusion of passing the 12th exam from a recognized university/board.
Calcutta University (Other than Jute & Fibre tech.)
a. Candidates must have Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects. Also, the candidate must have passed in all the three subjects individually.
b. Candidate must possess a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD/OBC-A & B) in PCM together. Also, the candidate must have minimum 30% marks in English & must have passed in the same.
Calcutta University (Jute & Fibre Technology)
a. Candidate should have passed in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology individually. These three subjects are also compulsory besides passing.
b. Candidate must have scored a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/PwD/OBC-A & B) in the above three subjects. Also, the candidate must have passed in English with at least 30% marks.
- Applicant must have passed in Physics, Chemistry & mathematics individually. Also, these three subjects are compulsory.
- Applicant must have scored a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in PCM combined (45% for SC/ST/PwD). Besides this, a candidate should also possess at least 60% marks in mathematics & 30% marks in English (with a compulsion of passing).
The West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
B. Tech (Dairy Technology) course
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics, chemistry, and mathematics as compulsory subjects. Also, the candidate must have studied 12th std. in regular class mode. Candidate should be passed in all three subjects individually in both theory and practicals.
- Candidate should have scored 50% marks (40% for reserved category students) in PCM and English taken together.
The Neotia University
B. Tech courses except Marine Engineering
- Candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics all taken together in 10+2 exam.
Same as Calcutta University (Jute & Fibre technology).
Marine Engineering (including Neotia University)
For Marine Engineering, the following conditions must be met.
- Must possess 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry & mathematics taken together. Additionally, the candidate must have passed all these three subjects individually.
- Applicant must have at least 50% marks in English, with English being in either 10th std or in 12th
Also Read: Read in detail about fee structure and other details about the Harcourt Butler Institute of technology (HBTI), Kanpur.
Admissions through JEE Main 2017.
In the case of engineering admissions, 10% of the total seats in Self-financed institutions will be filled via JEE (Main) – 2017 merits. The eligibility criteria for these seats will also be same as that of WBJEE 2017 seats. However, for such students, no domicile criterion would be applicable.
How to Apply for WBJEE 2017?
Application fee amount for WBJEE 2017 was Rs. 500 for engineering entrance. This amount was to be paid via:
- Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Challan to be deposited in Allahabad Bank.
Applying for WBJEE 2017 was a completely online process.
The application portal for the same is currently closed.
The complete application procedure was divided into 4 levels. Please follow the link http://wbjeeb.nic.in/GenRegWB/root/Home.aspx?appFormId=wbjeeb17 to begin application form.
- Application filling: The whole process begins with student registration or applications fill-up. At this step, the candidate needs to fill-in the application form by providing with the details asked. These details include name, father’s name, a valid email id, contact, and address and finally a password. Upon successful submission, a unique application no. is generated. Candidates can use this no along with the password for future logins.
- Document uploading: At this stage, the candidate has to upload the scanned copies of some important documents. The documents to be uploaded are as follows.
- Recent colored passport-sized photograph.
- Left-hand thumb impression.
- 10th std mark sheet/admit card/certificate for date of birth.
- Domicile certificate if required.
- Caste certificate/PWD Certificate.
- Income certificate.
- Payment of Application fee: At this level, the applicant has to pay the application fee i.e. Rs.500 for engineering. Application fee can be paid via Cards or through Allahabad bank Challan.
- Confirmation Page: After successful payment of the fee, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates can take a printout of this page or can save it as PDF for future use.
This completes the application process for WBJEE 2017. As the process is completely online hence, no papers were to be sent to WBJEEB.
WBJEE 2017 for engineering admission will involve two papers – Physics + Chemistry & Mathematics. The blue print of the question papers is as follows.
|Type -1 (1 Mark)||30||30||50|
|Type -2 (2 Mark)||5||5||15|
|Type -3 (2 Mark)||5||5||10|
|Total||40 Qs – 50 marks||40 Qs – 50 marks||75 Qs – 100 marks|
Type 1 – Every incorrect answer would result in a deduction of 0.25 marks.
Type 2 – An incorrect answer would result in a deduction of 0.5 marks.
Type 3 – No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
No. of Papers: 2.
No. of questions: 80 + 75.
Total Marks at stake: 200.
Time Allotted: 6 hours.
Admit cards for WBJEE 2017 will be available for download from 12th April 2017 till the date of examination. Candidates can download the same from www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
Get inspired by the difficulty stricken life of America’s 16th President Abraham lincoln.
The results of WBJEE 2017 will be published on 5th June 2017. Candidate can check their result on www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
|Publication of Information Brochure for WBJEE 2017||28th December 2016|
|Online Application Portal||5th January – 4th February 2017|
|Last date for fee payment||4th February 2017|
|Last date of Printing confirmation page||4th February 2017|
|Admit Cards||12th April 2017 onwards|
|Date for WBJEE 2017||23rd April 2017|
|Declaration of Results||5th June 2017|
Candidates can download the information brochure from the link http://wbjeeb.nic.in/WebInfoExam/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=51&iii=Y.
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for more updates. Also comment below if you have any query or suggestion in your mind.