VITEEE 2017 results have been declared on 23rd April 2017.
Applications for VITEEE 2017 are open now.
What is VITEEE?
VITEEE or the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination is an annual eligibility test conducted by Vellore institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore for entrance to its engineering Programs at Vellore and Chennai campuses. VITEEE is a computer-based test held across various test centers across the country. The test is taken by 0.2 million students every year, out of which 5,000 candidates are admitted. For more details on VIT University, read our article on VIT, Vellore.
VITEEE 2017 is a computer-based exam. No Pen/Paper mode is available for VITEEE 2017.
Medium & Date of Examination
The medium of test for VITEEE 2017 is ENGLISH only. VITEEE 2017 will begin from 5th April 2017 and will end on 16th April 2017. Each day, the exam will be conducted in 3-time slots. Test takers (candidates) can choose a date & time slot, out of the given dates for taking the test.
|1.||9.00 – 11.30 AM (IST)|
|2.||12.30 – 3.00 PM (IST)|
|3.||4.00 – 6.30 PM (IST)|
The information brochure for VITEEE 2017 is available now. Applicants can download the IB from the link http://vit.ac.in//images/viteee2017/VITEE_2017.pdf.
The Syllabus for VITEEE 2017 can be seen on the link http://www.vit.ac.in/admissions/viteee.
- Nationality: There is no barrier on eligibility for VITEEE 2017 based on nationality.
- Date of Birth: Candidate must be born on or after 1st July 1995.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must have secured at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics in 10+2 examinations. For SC/ST & North-eastern candidates, it should be at least 50%.
- NIOS: NIOS students are also eligible to apply for VITEEE 2017.
Applications for VITEEE 2017 are open now. Candidates can apply through the link http://www.vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2017. They can also purchase the hard copy from VIT Campuses by paying Rs 990 through DD. This DD would be in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore.
Application form for VITEEE 2017 is available in both ONLINE and OFFLINE formats from 9th November 2017. The last date of applying for VITEEE 2017 is 28th February 2017.
Online Application form: Rs 970.
Offline Application form: Rs 990.
Application fee for ONLINE forms can be paid via:
- Net Banking.
- Credit/Debit Card.
- Begin by following the link http://www.vit.ac.in/btechadmissions/viteee2017.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button (red – colored).
- Click on “New Applicant” button highlighted by a pointing finger. This will take you to the registration form.
- In the registration form, enter relevant details like Name, DOB, email address & mobile no. and press register.
- Upon completing step 4, candidates will receive a password on their mobile number & e-mail id.
- Now using this password & e-mail, sign in to complete the rest of application form.
- Fill in all the details asked in the form carefully and upload your photograph & signature.
- After submitting the application form, an application number will be generated. Note the number down, as all future correspondences will rely on this number.
- Now, the candidates will be asked to pay the application fee of Rs. 970. Candidates can pay this fee via Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
Only NRI candidates can pay the application fee via Demand Drafts (USD 50).
- Successful payment of application fee will complete your application for VITEEE 2017.
Candidates who have applied through online applications & paid the fee via Online mode aren’t supposed to send anything to VIT University via post.
NRI Candidates & Offline application bearers must send the completed application form (DD, if applicable) to University so as to reach on or before 28th February 2017.
Director – UG Admissions,
Vellore – 632014,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Slot booking for VITEEE 2017 will begin in the month of March 2017. Slot booking for VITEEE 2017 is a first-come-first-serve process, hence candidates are advised to keep an eye.
Each & every candidate who has applied for VITEEE 2017 (Online & Offline) will be sent a slot booking password on their registered email. Using this password & application number, candidates have to choose an exam date from the available dates.
Slot, once booked, will not be changed under any circumstance.
After successfully booking the slot, admit cards will be generated for download.
If a candidate fails to book an exam date within the given period then, the university will automatically lock a slot for such a candidate. This slot will be based on details entered in the application form.
VITEEE 2017 is a computer-based test. It is a 2 ½ hour long test. VITEEE 2017 will consist of 125 questions of equal weight age, divided into 4 sections:
Part I: Physics (40 Questions).
Part II: Chemistry (40 Questions).
Part III: Mathematics/Biology (40 Questions).
Part IV: English (5 Questions).
There is no negative marking for wrong answers, hence guessing might do wonders.
Admit Card & Result
Admit cards for VITEEE 2017 will be auto-generated after the applicant has booked the exam slot for himself. Candidates can download these admit cards from VIT University website. Admit cards not be sent to any candidate via post. However, admit cards will be emailed by the university to candidate’s registered email id.
VITEEE 2017 results will be declared on or before 24th April 2016 tentatively. Candidates can check their results either from VIT University website.
The following cut-offs are of 2016 admissions and are of VIT, Vellore campus only.
|Computer science and Engg. (Specialization in Bioinformatics)||7500|
|Bio – Medical Engineering||13000|
|Computer Science and Engineering||15000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||15500|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||16000|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||16500|
|Mechanical (Spec. in Automotive Engineering)||20000|
|Mechanical (Spec. in Chemical process Engineering)||23000|
|Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engineering)||25000|
|Production and Industrial Engg.||27500|
|Availability of Forms||9th November 2016.|
|Last Date of receiving Application form||28th February 2017.|
|Slot Booking||March 2017.|
|Admit Card||Auto- generated upon slot booking.|
|Exam Date||5th April 2017 -16th April 2017.|
|Declaration Of result||24th April 2017.|