Learn in detail about COMEDK UGET 2018
What is COMEDK?
COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka. COMEDK (‘consortium’ means “an association”) is a private body that conducts entrance exam for admission to the private Engg colleges in Karnataka. Both UG and PG admissions take place through COMEDK in Karnataka. The KPCF (Karnataka Professional Colleges foundation Trust) and KUPECA (Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association) has given this important responsibility to COMEDK of conducting entrance tests for admissions to their member colleges.
This article focuses on COMEDK UGET 2017 for engineering colleges.
COMEDK UGET is a common entrance test conducted by COMEDK for admission to private engineering colleges of Karnataka state at Undergraduate level. Before 2016, another exam called uni-gauge was conducted for admission to 15 private universities of Karnataka state. But in 2016, Uni-Gauge was combined with COMEDK UGET making admissions a single window process. Every year the exam is taken by over 1 lakh students from various states of the country. In 2016, over 150 private engineering colleges in Karnataka state used COMEDK UGET scores for admissions.
Uni-Gauge & COMEDK UGET
Type and Medium of Examination
COMEDK UGET 2017 will be a computer based test (Online exam). The language of question paper would be ENGLISH.
Date of Examination
COMEDK UGET 2017 will be held on 14th May 2017.
For admission to UG engineering courses through COMEDK UGET 2017, following eligibility criterion should be met.
- Qualifying Examination: Applicant should have passed the 10+2 exam (Qualifying exam/12th standard) with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in PCM put together.
- Subjects: Applicant’s curriculum must include Physics, Mathematics, English, and Chemistry as subjects in last two years of study (from 11th standard onwards).
Applying for COMEDK UGET 2017.
The application fee for COMDEK UGET 2017 for engineering shall be Rs. 1200. Application fee can only be paid through online medias.
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card/Debit Card.
The application portal for COMEDK UGET 2017 went online on 13th February 2017. Candidates can apply for the UGET 2017 exam until 20th April 2017 after which the portal will be shut down.
Candidates can apply online by the following the link https://unigauge.com/engineering-entrance-exam/.
Applying for COMDEK UGET 2017 involves 2 steps:
- Registration Process.
- Application Making.
- Follow the link https://www.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1022/3615/Registration.html for the registration page.
- Upon following the above link, candidates will be taken directly to the registration page. Here you will be asked to provide your personal details such as Name, DOB, E-Mail, Mobile Number and Applicant’s ID Proof.
- In the “Applicant Unique ID Proof” field, an applicant has to select an ID that he/she will bring in original at the exam center and can produce at the time of counseling. Applicant has to upload the scanned copy of the same in the application form. Accepted ID proofs include:
- Driving License.
- Aadhar card.
- PAN card.
- Voter ID.
- School/college photo ID.
- Certificate issued by Head of institution last studied in.
4. After entering the valid details, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Upon successful submission of the registration form, the candidate will receive an E-Mail and SMS comprising of User Name and password for future logins and references.
Documents to be kept ready before filling application form
- Scanned copy of Applicant’s ID Proof selected during Registration Process.
- Scanned copies of Applicant’s photograph and signature.
- Scanned copy of applicant’s Father/Guardian’s signature.
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Declaration by Head of Institution last studied. The format is available on https://www.comedk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/DECLARATION-BY-THE-HEAD-OF-THE-INSTITUTION-LAST-STUDIED-2.pdf.
- File format: JPEG.
- File size: less than or equal to 80 kb.
- Photo dimensions: 30mm x 45mm.
- Photo type: Colored PP size.
- File format: JPEG.
- File size: less than or equal to 80 kb.
- Dimensions: 35mm x 80 mm.
- Signature type: with black ink on white paper.
After successful registration for COMEDK UGET 2017, complete the application by following the given steps.
- Login using the credentials (Username and password) received via E-mail ID or Mobile number. Now, click on the “Edit” button present at the right top corner.
- As the application form is longer than the registration form hence, we’ll cover the important fields only.
- Belongs to: In this field, the candidate has to select whether he belongs to Karnataka or not. If he/she belongs to Karnataka then the applicant has to select the sub-category viz. by birth or by domicile. For more details on domicile, follow the link https://www.comedk.org/notification-uget/.
- Parent’s ID: Select an ID proof for your Parent/Guardian. This ID will be required throughout the admission procedure.
- Test Center: Select the test centers of your choice. List of test centers available can be seen on https://www.comedk.org/notification-uget/.Applicant paying through the online mode will be allowed to select the test center immediately while those paying through Challan have to submit the copy of paid challan first in order to select a test center.3. Submit the completed application form and take a print out of the same for future references.
Candidates have to take a printout of the completed application form and have it attested by the Head of institution last studied in. Do not post this attested copy to the COMEDK office. This attested copy will be required at the time of counseling.
Candidates can download the admit card for COMEDK UGET 2017 in last week of April 2017. COMEDK refers to the admit card as “Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT)”.
COMEDK will not send admit cards or TAT to any candidate via post. All admit cards must be downloaded from COMEDK website only.
Examination Pattern And Timings
COMEDK UGET 2017 comprises of two papers. These two papers are :
- Physics & Chemistry – 2 hours. (120 Questions)
- Mathematics – 1 hour. (60 Questions)
Therefore, COMDEK UGET 2017 will be a 3 – hour long test of 2 shifts. For each correct answer, the candidate would be awarded 1 mark. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
COMEDK UGET 2017 results will be declared in the 4th week of May 2017. However, the provisional answer key would be available by the 2nd week of May 2017.
COMEDK will not send any rank card to applicant’s home under any circumstances.
The list of participating Institutions can be seen on the link https://www.comedk.org/member-institutions-uget/.
|Online Application and Registration.||1st week of Feb – 1st week of April 2017.|
|Last Date of Offline Payment of fee.||Last week of March 2017.|
|Admit Card download.||Last week of April – 1st week of May 2017.|
|Date of Exam.||1st week of May 2017.|
|Result date.||Last week of May 2017.|