AMCAT which stands for Aspiring Minds’ Computer Adaptive Test is an employability test conducted by Aspiring Minds to connect deserving candidates with reputed employers, through computer adaptive test. Currently, more than 700 small and medium enterprises are using AMCAT scores as a means to recruit their employees. Some of the popular companies that currently use AMCAT scores include Accenture, Cognizant, HP, Uber etc.
What is a Computer Adaptive test?
A computer adaptive test is a type of computer-based test that tailors to an examinee’s ability. Basically, such tests choose questions based on candidate’s performance in preceding questions.
Also Read: SBI PO 2017 Recruitment notification.
List of Contents
- Date of Examination
- Type of Examination
- Industries covered.
- Eligibility Criterion.
- Test Cities
- Scores: Validity & significance.
- How to Apply?
- Examination Pattern
- Examination Syllabus
- Important Links
Date of Examination
AMCAT is conducted every month in as many as 32 cities across India.
The frequency of the exam is dependent on the city the exam is conducted in.
For Example, in a city like Bangalore where there are a lot of techies, AMCAT is conducted on every third day of the month.
Type of Examination
AMCAT is a computer adaptive test examination (a type of Computer based test).
Unlike many employability tests which care about domain-related questions only, AMCAT also considers questions testing communication skills, logical reasoning and aptitude.
Industries covered by AMCAT
Today many industries have come under the purview of AMCAT with major MNC’s taking this examination into consideration. The following are the major industries that are actively using AMCAT scores.
- Financial Institutions
- Information Technology companies
- Automobile Companies
- Banking Companies and Institutions
- Corporate Companies
- Telecommunication companies
- Hospitality sector companies
- Digital Marketing Companies
and many more industries are entering this sphere.
- Qualifying Examination: Anyone in possession of a graduate or master’s or doctorate degree can take the AMCAT exam.
- Age: There is no age limit.
- Attempts: There is no limit to the number of attempts that a candidate can take. However, a gap of at least 3 months is mandatory between two successive attempts.
AMCAT is conducted in 32 cities of India which are listed below:
- Navi Mumbai
Learn more: Discover about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017.
A candidate can choose between two types of subscriptions for AMCAT. These include the following:
- 1-year subscription.
- 3-years subscription (1 + 2).
If the candidate takes a one-year subscription, he/she will have to pay Rs. 990 (without service tax) and their score would be valid for one year.
While if the candidate chooses the three-year subscription, he/she will have to pay Rs. 1600 (without service tax) and their score will be valid for three years.
Significance of Scores
- Once the candidate gives the test, the test score would then be made available for the candidate from his official AMCAT account on the official website (https://www.myamcat.com/) and on the e-mail ID provided by the candidate.
- Now, the test score would be taken into consideration by AMCAT administration and they would forward your profile score to the companies who are looking for the skills that you possess. AMCAT administration will facilitate the process.
- And the candidate will soon start getting interview calls from the desired companies.
Candidate needs to ensure getting a good score because a better percentile will give the candidate edge over other candidates.
How to Apply?
In order to apply for the AMCAT, candidate needs to follow the following process:
- The candidate makes a user account and fills in basic details like name, contact details, course completed and the city for examination.
- Then the next step is to choose the exam center, exam date and exam time-slot of the candidate’s choice.
- Now, the candidate either chooses the 1-year subscription or the 3-year subscription, according to their personal choice to continue with the payment.
- Once you make the payment, you are required to appear for the examination location and time of your choice.
AMCAT is a 3-hour computer-adaptive test. The test comprises of two sections:
- English language test.
- Logical Ability.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- Two Optional subjects.
The two optional subjects must be selected during the exam after attempting the first 3 subjects written above.
|English Comprehension||16 minutes / 18 questions||900 marks|
|Quantitative Ability||18 minutes / 16 questions||900 marks|
|Logical Ability||16 minutes / 14 questions||900 marks|
|Optional Subjects||Not disclosed||900 marks|
Apart from these four papers, following more sections are compulsory:
- Aspiring Minds Personality Inventory (AMPI). (90 questions – 20 minutes)
- Attention to Detail.
- Excel (for Management graduates only).
Optional Paper for the candidate varies according to the professional skills of the candidate. A management graduate can choose from Marketing and Human Resources, while an engineering graduate can choose between Mechanical and Computer science, depending on their field of specialization.
The list of available optional subjects includes the following:
|Engineering Graduate||Management Graduate||Any Graduate|
|Computer Science||Human Resource||Excel
|Electronics & Semiconductors||Operations||Physics|
|Electrical||Bank & Financial Services||Chemistry|
|Polymer||Food and Beverage Services|
|Instrumentation||Finance & Accounting|
Suggested: Learn in detail about the SSC CGL 2017 examination.
AMCAT includes five common modules for all the candidates while the sixth module is based on the specialization of a candidate.
- English Comprehension
This paper includes basic grammar sections like synonym, antonym, tense, subject-verb agreement, speech, etc. There are also questions on inferential comprehension, contextual vocabulary, etc.
- Quantitative Ability
This paper tests the candidate’s calculation and quantitative skills which are tested through questions on applied mathematics, HCF & LCM, decimal, simple interest, compound interest, probability, logarithm, permutations, and combinations, etc.
- Logical Ability
This paper covers questions on verbal reasoning and logical skills of the candidate. Thus the questions included in this paper are based on coding-decoding, puzzles, number series, analogy, blood relations, inductive and deductive reasoning, etc.
This paper is a special variant of AMCAT which checks the personality of a candidate on the following five traits: extraversion, conscientiousness, neuroticism, openness to experience and agreeableness.
- Information Gathering & Synthesis
This module tests the candidate’s data interpretation, information ordering, and rule-based selection of information.
This module is compulsory for Management candidates and includes both basic and specialized functions relating to Excel. Questions can be asked about formatting o cells, drop down, formulae application, sheet production and so on.
For the Syllabus of optional subjects and other details, follow the link https://www.myamcat.com/amcat-syllabus.
|Official AMCAT website||https://www.myamcat.com/about-amcat
|AMCAT Application link||https://www.myamcat.com/personal-information?source=myamcatNavigationBar
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for all future updates. Also, comment below if you have either suggestion or query.