AFCAT 2017 (2) results have been declared. Check on https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-A74WtTmzJWM01wQmZaeDgxZzQ.
AFCAT 2017 (2) admit cards are out now. Candidates can download them from http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/index.asp.
The official notification for AFCAT 2017 (2) has been released.
AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test is a biannually held recruitment test, conducted by Indian Air Force for recruiting Officers. The test is a gateway to all officer recruitments in the Indian Air Force except Medical & Dental officers. The exam is usually held in the month of February & August each year, with notifications being published in December & June respectively. The whole recruitment process, much like NDA & C.D.S, is a two-stage process, the first stage being the written exam, followed by the SSB interviews.
Difference between AFCAT and C.D.S
- The CDS exam is a common exam for recruitment of officers in all three forces of the military. On the other hand, AFCAT is specifically meant for recruiting Air Force Officers only.
- Through AFCAT, officers are recruited in 3 branches of Air Force – Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only), Technical branch (Permanent & Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent & Short Service Commission). However, the CDS exam is only meant for recruiting Flying Officer for Permanent Commission.
- CDS is conducted by UPSC while AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force itself.
Also Read: Know in great detail about the upcoming NDA 2017 (II) Examination.
List of Contents
- Date of Examination.
- Langauge of Examination.
- Mode of Answering.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Physical Standards.
- How to Apply?
- Correction for Application.
- Admit Card.
- Examination pattern.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
Date of Examination
AFCAT 2017 (I) was held on 26th February 2017.
As per Indian Air Force AFCAT 2017 notice, it will be conducted on 27th August 2017.
Language of Examination
The medium of AFCAT 2017 (II) will be both ENGLISH & HINDI language.
Type/Mode of Examination
The mode of answering for AFCAT 2017 (II) will be OFFLINE only.
The various parameters of eligibility for AFCAT 2017 (II) are mentioned below as per the post applying for:
Flying Branch (Short Service Commission Only)
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university with 60% aggregate marks. Also, he/she should have passed Physics and Mathematics in 12th with minimum 60% marks in each.
Applicant must have a B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognized university with 60% marks as aggregate. The 12th standard criteria holds good here also.
Candidate must have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with at least 60% aggregate.
- Age Limits: Must be in between 20 and 24 years of age as on 1st July 2018. It also implies that the candidate should have been born on or after 2nd July 1994 and on or before 1st Jan 1998.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 2 years for candidates with valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India).
Applicants who have earlier failed the Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS)/PABT, aren’t eligible for AFCAT 2017 (II).
- Educational Qualification: Candidates can apply under two qualification schemes:
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics).
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanics).
For both of these schemes, the candidate must have passed a minimum four-year degree qualification from a recognized university. Also, he/she should have passed Physics and Mathematics in 12th standard with minimum 60% marks in each.
Candidate must have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual study with at least 60% marks.
- Age Limits: Aspiring applicants must be at least 20 years of age and not more than 26 years of age, measured on 1st July 2018 (i.e. born between 2nd July 1992 and 1st July 1998, both inclusive).
Ground Duty Branch (Non-Technical)
- Educational Qualification: Candidates applying for Ground Duty in IAF have 3 types of post:
Administration & Logistics: Applicant must be a graduate with 60% marks in aggregate in any discipline from a recognized university.
Applicants who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
Accounts: A graduate in commerce with at least 60% aggregate marks.
Education: A degree of MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation with minimum 50% aggregate (2 years program atleast). Along with this, candidate must have scored 60% marks in graduation.
- Age Limits: Same as the Technical branch.
Candidates in final year of graduation or PG are also eligible, provided they submit their provisional/original degree by 15th June 2018.
Physical standards can be read from the advertisement of AFCAT 2017 (II). Link for the same is provided below.
How to Apply for AFCAT 2017?
There is no Application fee for AFCAT 2017 (II) irrespective of candidate’s caste/gender. The form is absolutely free.
Documents to be Uploaded
- Scanned color passport sized photograph – JPG/JPEG Format – 10 Kb-50 Kb in size.
- Uploading signature isn’t required in AFCAT 2017 (II).
The application forms for AFCAT 2017 (II) are open now. The application procedure is completely ONLINE.
To begin your application for AFCAT 2017 (2), follow the link http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/indexN.asp.
The last date of applying for AFCAT 2017 (II) is 29th June 2017.
Candidates will have the liberty of correcting their AFCAT 2017 (2) application from 30th June to 1st July 2017. This will also be an ONLINE process.
The Admit Card for AFCAT 2017 (II) is expected to be published by the 4th week of August 2017.
Every Armed Forces officer recruitment in India i.e. NDA, CDS, AFCAT etc., have two stages – the first one being the written exam and second being the SSB interviews.
In the case of candidates applying for Ground Duty branch, an Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) will also be conducted along with AFCAT.
Written Examination Pattern
The AFCAT 2017 (II) written exam shall be a 2-hours test carrying a total of 300 marks. Each question will be objective type in nature with 3 marks weightage. The total number of questions will be 100.
The paper will, mainly, have 4 sections:
- General Awareness.
- Verbal Ability in English.
- Numerical Ability.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test.
For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Staff Selection Board
Upon clearing the written exam of AFCAT 2017 (II), candidates will be called, through a call letter, for the SSB interviews at Air Force Selection Boards. These Selection Boards (AFSBs) are located at following places:
Each candidate will be called at any one of the above places.
The dreaded SSB Interviews have following 2-stages:
Stage I Testing: Stage I of SSB interviews involve following two tests:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test.
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
Only those candidates who qualify the above 2 tests shall go for the stage 2 of SSB interviews.
Stage II Testing: Stage II of SSB Interviews involve following three tests:
- Psychology Tests, written exams.
- Group Test, a combination of indoor and outdoor activities.
Candidates applying for flying branch shall undergo an additional test called the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT)/CPSS. PABT is a computer-based test used to assess candidate’s ability to become a pilot.
The whole SSB Interviews shall continue over the duration of 6 days.
Also Read: Learn about exam pattern details along with important AFCAT books.
The results of AFCAT 2017 (II) written exam are expected to be published in the 1st week of November 2017.
|Release of Official notification of AFCAT 2017 (II)||3rd June 2017.|
|Beginning of Application Portal||3rd June 2017.|
|Last date of Applying for AFCAT 2017 (II)||29th June 2017|
|Publication of Admit Card||Yet to be announced (Last week of August, probably)|
|AFCAT 2017 (II) Exam Date||27th August 2017.|
|AFCAT 2017 (II) Results||Yet to be Announced (November, probably)|
|Application of Link||Link|
|Air force Official application portal||http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/auth/candidate/index.asp|
|General Physical Standards||http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/index1.asp?lang=1&ls_id=124&lid=87&level=3&pid=61|
|Additional Standards for Flying Branch||http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/index1.asp?lang=1&ls_id=124&lid=87&level=3&pid=61|
|AFCAT 2017 (2) Official Advertisement||http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/tview3.asp?link_temp_id=445&lid=202.|
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook for a similar article in future. Also, comment below if you have any query/suggestion.