NATA 2018 application portal is currently closed.
What is NATA?
NATA is a National level entrance exam conducted for admission in undergraduate courses of Architecture. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted annually every year by COA since 2006. NATA scores are used by many prominent architecture institutes (like Sir J.J School of architecture) in the country except for NITs and IITs. The test is meant for materializing aptitude, drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability of an applicant. In 2017, close to 45K students appeared for NATA.
Suggested: Discover in detail about the top 5 countries for higher education.
Contents of this article
- Mode of Answering.
- Language of Exam.
- Date of Exam.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Registration fees
- How to apply?
- Application Procedure.
- Admit card.
- List of Books.
- Important dates
Mode of Answering
NATA 2018 will be held in OFFLINE mode only.
Language of Examination
NATA 2018 will take place strictly in ENGLISH only.
NATA 2018 Exam Date
NATA 2018 will be held in April 2018.
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing with Mathematics as one of the subjects of the examination.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects of the examination.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
For admission to First Year B.Arch Courses, a candidate must have scored 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
There is no age limit with regards to appearing in NATA 2018.
Examination Fees (INR) for NATA 2018 will be Rs. 1250/- for all Candidates except the candidates opting for exam city as Dubai.
Those who are subsequently allotted center in Dubai shall be liable to pay an additional examination fee of INR 7000 prior to issuance of admit card.
The examination fee for NATA 2018 is expected to be paid only via ONLINE modes.
How to Apply?
NATA 2018 Application form shall be filled up ONLINE at the official portal. The portal is expected to be open in the 1st week of January 2018.
NATA 2018 Application Procedure
There are basically four simple steps to complete your application procedure.
Step 1: Online filling of Application Form
As mentioned above, you’ll get an application form which is divided into sections and you need to fill that. When you’ll be filling that form, you’ll get an Application Number and you will be asked to choose your password. This is because if you wish to login in future this will help you out. This all is for future reference.
Step 2: Online Uploading of Scanned Images
- Upload the following things: (A) Scanned photograph (B) Signature (C) Thumb Impression.
- Scanned Image must be in .jpg format only. Partial uploading is not allowed.
- The size of the uploading things must be kept in mind:
- Photograph: 4 to 100KB – 3.5cm X 4.5 cm.
- Signature and Thumb Impression: 1 to 30KB – 3.5cm X 4.5cm.
Step 3: Fee payment
The candidate must pay the required registration fee through any of the following modes:
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
- Net banking using BillDesk EPG services.
Once you are done with the payment your application form will be submitted.
Step 4: Download Confirmation Page
- Download this page as stated above for all future reference.
- Provision for reprinting this page will be provided afterward also.
NATA 2018 Admit Card
Admit cards of NATA 2018 will be made available on the official site in the 4th week of March 2018.
NATA Exam Pattern
The table shown gives the basic details about the pattern of the exam.
|NATA 2018 Paper Parameters||PART A (GENERAL APTITUDE TEST AND MATHEMATICS) NATA 2018||PART B(DRAWING EXAM)
|EXAM MODE||Offline i.e. pen-paper based||Offline i.e. pen-paper based|
|TIME DURATION||1.5 hours (90 minutes)||1.5 hour (90 minutes)|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||60 questions||2 questions|
|MARKS PER QUESTION||2 marks||40 marks|
|TOTAL||120 marks||80 marks|
The most important thing is that there is no negative marking in this exam.
NATA 2018 Results
The results of NATA 2018 will tentatively be declared in the 2nd week of June 2018.
NATA 2017 results were declared on 9th June 2017.
List of Books
Here are some recommended books to be referred during the preparation of NATA 2018.
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani.
- NATA & B. Arch complete self-study material: entrance examination by Ar. Shadan Usmani.
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch by P. K. Mishra.
- Arch Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kavimandan.
- ‘NATA’ – Satya Prakashan – Prof. S.C. Garg & Dr. Yogesh Garg.
|Starting date of NATA Registration||1st week of January 2018.|
|Last date of NATA Registration||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date to upload image||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date for NATA Fee payment||2nd week of February 2018|
|Last date to Print Confirmation Page||Last week of February 2018|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||Last week of March 2018|
|Date and Time of NATA 2018 Exam||Mid April 2018|
|Date for NATA 2018 Results||2nd week of June 2018.|
Please like, share, and follow us on Facebook for similar updates in Future. Also, comment below if you have any queries or suggestions for us.