JEE Advanced 2017 Results are out now. Follow the link https://results.jeeadv.ac.in/ to check your result.
Update: JEE Advanced ORS Sheets are published now for public display. Follow the link https://cportal.jeeadv.ac.in/login.html to view your ORS sheet.
Application portal for JEE Advanced 2017 is closed now.
JEE advanced is the 2nd stage of the 2-tier entrance process for admission to 23 IITs. Previously, known as IIT-JEE, the exam was first conducted in the year 1960. Since then the exam has continuously involved in pattern and type. In 2005, the exam went through a major transformation adopting the objective type exam pattern. However, in 2013, HRD ministry scrapped IIT – JEE, replacing it with a two-tier exam system. As of 2016, roughly 2,00,000 + students appear for JEE Advanced, out of which only 7% candidates make it into the IITs.
Also Read: Discover in detail about JEE Advanced 2018.
List of Contents
- Conducting Institute.
- Medium & Date of Examination.
- What’s New in JEE Advanced 2017?
- Criterion in 12th Standard.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Participating Institutes.
- Admit Card & Result.
- Important Dates.
- Important Links.
JEE Advanced 2017 will be conducted by IIT-Madras.
Medium & Date
Question paper for JEE Advanced 2017 is available in two languages – Hindi & English. An applicant may choose either of the two as a medium. The timings for JEE Advanced 2017 paper 1 & paper 2 are as follows.
|Paper-1||21st May 2017||0900 – 1200 IST|
|Paper-2||21st May 2017||1400 – 1700 IST|
It is mandatory for all candidates to appear for both the papers.
What’s New in JEE Advanced 2017?
- No weight age to 12th marks: The 40% weight age previously given to 12th std has been scrapped. The JEE Main 2017 AIR will not include weight age to 12th std while calculation.
- Number of Candidates selected: This year, a total of 2,20,00 candidates will be shortlisted to appear for JEE Advanced. This figure was 2,00,000 in 2016.
- Registration with Late Fee: This year candidates can register after the last date, on the expense of late fee for registration.
Criterion in 12th Standard
As far as appearing for JEE Advanced 2017 is concerned, no minimum marks criterion is there. But in the case of admissions, at least one of the following two given criterion must be satisfied.
- Candidate must have secured 75% aggregate marks in 12th. However, this threshold is 65% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidate must fall within the category wise top 20 percentile bracket.
Suggested Read: Know in detail about the Top 50 engineering Colleges in India.
Eligibility (Indian and Foreign Candidates)
- JEE Main 2017 Score: Aspirants within the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) are deemed eligible for JEE Advanced 2017. For more details, follow the link http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/elig_crit.
Last year only the top 2,00,000 candidates were allowed to appear for JEE Advanced 2016.
- Date Of Birth (DOB): Applicant must have been born on or after 1st 1992. However, for SC/ST/Pwd candidates, five-year relaxation has been provided. This means an SC/ST/Pwd candidate born on or after 1st Oct. 1987 is eligible for the exam.
- Attempts: An applicant is given a maximum of 02 consecutive Therefore, a candidate who has taken JEE Advanced 2016 is also eligible.
- Improvement Exam: Candidates appearing for improvement of marks in all subjects are only eligible for JEE Advanced 2017. The ones, who are appearing for fewer subjects, are NOT eligible.
- Admitted Candidates: Candidates currently enrolled in IITs or the ones who have accepted seats earlier (by reporting) are NOT eligible for JEE Advanced 2017.
- Year of Passing QE: Candidates who have appeared for the 12th exam in 2016 for the first time or who are appearing in 2017 for the first time, are eligible for JEE advanced 2017.
The above eligibility criteria shall be applicable to foreign nationals also. However, no reservation policy will be followed in their case. For detailed process, follow the link http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/pdf/foreign.pdf.
Who are Foreign Candidates: Candidates born outside India & do not bear any relation to India in any form are termed foreign nationals.
How to Apply for JEE Advanced 2017?
The Application process for JEE Advanced 2017 was completely an online process.
The registration portal for JEE Advanced 2017 shall begin functioning from 28th April 2017 (10 AM) & will remain open until 2nd May 2017 (5 AM).
From this year onwards, candidates were given the option of applying after the last date of application (2nd May, 17) by paying the late fee. The last date of applying with the late fee was 4th May 2017 (7:00 PM).
|Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay||Mumbai|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi||New Delhi|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur||Kharagpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee||Roorkee|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Madras||Chennai|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati||Guwahati|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur||Kanpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Ropar||Roopnagar (Punjab)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Hyderabad||Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Mandi||Mandi (Himachal)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Patna||Patna|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Palakkad||Palakkad (Kerla)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Jodhpur||Jodhpur (Rajasthan)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Indore||Indore|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras (BHU)||Varanasi (UP)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Bhubneswar||Bhubneswar|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Tirupati||Tirupati (A.P)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Bhilai||Bhilai|
|Indian Institute of Technology (ISM Dhanbad) – Dhanbad||Dhanbad (Jharkhand)|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Jammu||Jammu|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Dharwad||Dharwad|
|Indian Institute of Technology – Goa||Goa|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Bhopal||Bhopal|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Mohali||Mohali (Punjab)|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Kolkata||Kolkata|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Pune||Pune|
|Indian Institute of Science Education & Research(IISER) – Tiruvanathapuram||Tiruvanathapuram (Kerala)|
|Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST) – Tiruvanathapuram||Tiruvanathapuram (Kerala)|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) – Rae Bareli||Rae Bareli (U.P)|
|Indian Institute of Science (IISc) – Bangalore||Bangalore|
Learn about the top 5 foreign countries suitable for higher education.
Admit Card & Result
Admit cards for JEE Advanced 2017 will be available for download on JEE Advanced website from 10th May to 21st May 2017. Candidates must carry a printout of the admit card with the original photo id to the exam hall.
JEE Advanced 2017 results will be declared on 11th June 2017 at 10:00 AM.
|JEE (Main) 2017 [Offline exam]||02-04-2017|
|Results of JEE (Main) 2017||27-04-2017|
|Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2017||27-04-2017, 10 AM to|
02-05-2017, 05 PM
|Registration with Late fee||3rd May – 5th May 2017|
|Admit card available for downloading||10-05-2017, 10 AM to|
21-05-2017, 09 AM
|JEE (Advanced) 2017|
Paper – 1
Paper – 2
|Sunday , 21-05-2017|
|Declaration of results (Tentative)||11-06-2016, 10 AM|
|Seat Allotment (Tentative)||19-06-2016 to 18-07-2016|
|Application of Link||Link|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Official Website||https://jeeadv.ac.in/|
|JEE Advanced Syllabi||https://jeeadv.ac.in/pdf/syllabi.pdf|
If you like the above article then share it on Facebook and other platforms. Also, like us on Facebook for more of such updates in future.
If you have any queries or suggestions then, write to us in the comment section below.