Last updated on May 25th, 2018 at 06:41 pm
UPSC CMS 2018 registrations have closed on 25th May (6:00 PM IST).
UPSC CMS (Combined Medical Services) is a national level recruitment examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. This exam is used as a tool of recruitment for various posts related to medical profession in Central Govt departments. The UPSC CMS 2018 recruitment process encompasses two stages: Written test and Interview before the final selection. The official UPSC CMS 2018 notification was released on 2nd May 2018.
List of Contents
- Vacancies available.
- Important Dates.
- Date of Examination.
- Mode of Answering.
- Medium of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Posts Available.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Examination Pattern.
- Cut Offs
- Important Links.
The number of vacancies for UPSC CMS 2018 have been listed below:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways = 300.
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories
Health Services = 16.
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services = 138.
- Total = 454.
Important Dates (Announced)
The important dates for UPSC CMS 2018 are as follows:
|Release of UPSC CMS Notification 2018||2nd May 2018 (Released)|
|Deadline to submit UPSC CMS 2017 Application Form||25th May 2018 (6:00 PM IST) (Closed)|
|Release of Admit card||1st week of July 2018|
|UPSC CMS 2018 Exam Date||22nd July 2018|
|UPSC CMS Result 2018 date||October 2018 (Tentative)|
UPSC CMS 2018 Exam date
UPSC CMS 2018 will be conducted by UPSC on 22nd July 2018.
Mode of Answering
UPSC CMS Recruitment 2018 will be completed in two stages: Subject Knowledge test (Computer-based test) and Interview/Personality test. The first stage will be a computer-based exam.
The second will be a personality test, only for candidates who qualify the first stage.
Medium of Examination
English has been prescribed as the sole language for UPSC CMS exam 2018.
As per UPSC official website, following posts were available under the CMS 2017 exam:
- Assistant Divisional MEDICAL Officer in the Railways (Grade Pay = ₹5,400).
- Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories
- Junior Scale posts in the Central Health Service.
- General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council.
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
The candidate must satisfy one of the following nationality clauses to be eligible for UPSC CMS 2018:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A group of Tibetan refugees who entered the country before 1st January 1962 with the aim of permanently settling over here
- A Person of Indian origin who has migrated from the East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam with the aim of permanently settling across the country.
Candidate should not have been born before July 22, 1986 (i.e., should not be more than 32 years as on 1st August 2018).
|Adhoc doctors in railways||based on extent of service|
|Citizens of Jammu & Kashmir between 1st January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989||5 years|
|Defense Service Personnel disabled on duty||3 years|
Candidates should have passed the MBBS final examination to be eligible for this exam. Candidates who are in the final year of M.B.B.S studies can also apply, but they must provide relevant certificate when required.
Candidates who are yet to complete their rotatory internship can also apply for the CMS recruitment exam.
UPSC CMS 2018 Application Form
UPSC CMS Online application forms 2018 are no longer available.
The registrations were available till 25th May 2018 6:00 PM IST.
Candidates can only apply through online mode for UPSC CMS test.
The fee amount for various categories is as tabulated below:
|General and OBC||₹200|
|SC/ST/PH/ Female candidates||Exempted|
The candidates can pay the exam fees online through debit/credit card or net banking facilities of SBI group.
The candidate can also choose to pay offline at SBI branch counters by producing the pay-in-slip at the time of payment. However, the cash payment option only works for 24 hours after the generation of the pay-in-slip.
Documents to be Uploaded
Candidates must have scanned copies of the following at hand while filling the UPSC CMS 2018 application form:
- Candidate’s passport-sized photograph (colored) – Between 3kb to 40 kb in JPG format only.
- Candidate’s Signature – Between 1 kb to 40 kb in JPG format only.
The form consists of two parts which are explained as follows:
- The candidate should read the Instructions carefully before moving on to filling the form.
- In the next stage, the candidate needs to fill her/his personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, email ID, mobile number, residential address, father’s name, and so on.
- The candidate will also be asked to furnish her/his educational qualifications and other academic details.
- Once the registration is complete, the account details will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number of the candidate.
- Payment of application fee (if applicable)
- Uploading of Photograph and Signature.
- Printout of complete application form.
UPSC CMS 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for UPSC CMS 2018 will be issued by UPSC in the 1st week of July 2018.
This e-admit card will be available for download only through the website. The candidate will be able to access the admit card after logging in using their credentials.
The UPSC CMS 2018 recruitment process has two stages:
- Stage I: Entrance test (comprises of 2 Papers)
- Stage II: Personality test/Interview.
Stage I: Entrance Exam
As per latest notification from UPSC, the previously used subject of general ability has been removed, thereby increasing the question of General medicine to 96 MCQs. Also, questions under the Pediatrics section have been increased to 24 MCQs.
UPSC CMS 2018 will have two papers of 2 hours each.
Type of questions
The questions will be of objective type (MCQs) only.
The total marks of the two papers will be 500 (250 + 250).
Total number of questions
120 questions will be asked in each of the two papers.
A wrong answer (or double-marked answers) will have a negative marking equating to 1/3rd of the marks assigned to that question.
The details of the papers are tabulated below –
|No.||Subject||No. of Questions|
|No.||Subject||No. of Questions|
|2.||Gynecology & Obstetrics||40|
|3.||Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Stage II (Personality Test/interview)
Candidates who qualify the computer-based examination will be called for an Interview or Personality Test.
The Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks. This will supplement the first stage of the exam and help the examiners in carving a better idea of the candidate’s academic knowledge, general awareness, leadership capabilities, curiosity of mind, and so on.
UPSC CMS 2017 Cut Off
As per UPSC official website, the cut off marks for UPSC CMS 2017 have been listed as:
Marks out of 500
|Category||Marks out of 500|
# Subject to minimum 30% marks in each paper for non PH candidates and minimum of 20% in each paper for PH-1 candidates.
UPSC CMS Result 2018
UPSC CMS 2018 results are expected to be released in the last week of September or the first week of October 2018. The candidates can check their scores online through the official website.
Candidates who qualify the first stage will have to submit the following documents for verification before the personality test:
- Certificate of Age.
- Certificate of Educational Qualification.
- Caste Certificate (as applicable)
- Certificate in support of claim for age/fee concession (as applicable).
- Certificate in support of being physically handicapped (where applicable).
- Certificate of eligibility for grant of age relaxation for ad-hoc doctors of Ministry of Railways (as applicable).
|Application of Link||Link|
|Official Website of UPSC||http://www.upsc.gov.in/|
|Official website of Exam Portal||http://www.upsconline.nic.in/|
|UPSC CMS 2018 Application Portal||Closed on 25th May (6:00 PM IST)|