Last updated on January 12th, 2019 at 11:57 am
UPSC has started releasing e admit cards of CDS Exam 1/2019 which are available from 11 January 2019 till 03 Feb 2019 i.e. date of examination. To down load the e admit card . please log on:
UPSC or Union Public Service Commission conducts the CDS or Combined Defense Services exam twice a year, categorized as CDS 1 and CDS 2. It is a national level exam, conducted to recruit eligible people for the defense services of the country. CDS grants admission in Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Air Force Academy. The expected release date of official notification of CDS 2019 is around the 2nd week of November 2018 for CDS 1 and around the 2nd week of August 2019 for CDS 2.
List of Contents:
- Date of Examination.
- Mode of Examination.
- Medium of Answering.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Admit Card.
- Examination Pattern.
- Answer Key.
- Selection Procedure.
- Important Links.
Following are some important dates (tentative) to be remembered for CDS 2019 Examination:
|Event||Dates for CDS 1||Dates for CDS 2|
|Release of Official Notification||31 October 2018||2nd week of August 2019|
|Beginning of Registration||31 October 2018||2nd week of August 2019|
|Closing of Registration||26 November 2018 up to 6 PM||1st week of September 2019|
|CDS Admit Card 2019||11 January 2019 on wards and up to 03 Feb 2019||1st week of October 2019|
|CDS Exam 2019 Date||03 February 2019||1st week of November 2019|
|CDS Result 2019||May, 2019 (Tentative)||February, 2020|
CDS 2019 Exam Date
The CDS exam 2019 (1) is expected be held in the first week of February 2019. he CDS exam 2019 (2) is expected be held in the first week of November 2019.
Mode of Examination
The CDS 2019 is a pen and paper based offline mode of exam. OMR sheets shall be used as Answer sheet. Candidates must use only Black ball pen for both writing and marking answers. Use of pencil and ink pen is prohibited.
Medium of Examination
The CDS 2019 examination is bilingual, that is, it will be conducted in two languages – English and Hindi.
EXAMINATION CENTERS (CDS1/2019)
Examination will be held on the following centers:2
1 Agartala 9 Chennai 17 Itanagar 25 Kohima 33 Port Blair 41 Tirupati
2 Ahmedabad 10 Cuttack 18 Jaipur 26 Kolkata 34 Raipur 42 Udaipur
3 Aizawa 11Dehradun 19 Jammu 27 Lucknow 35 Ranchi 43 Visakhapatnam
4 Allahabad 12 Delhi 20 Jorhat 28 Madurai 36 Sambalpur
5 Benglurul 13 Dharwad 21 Jaipur 29 Mumbai 37 Shillong
6 Barelley 14 Gangtok 22 Jammu 30 Nagpur 38 Shimla
7 Bhopal 15 Hyderabad 23 Jorhat 31 Panaji 39 Srinagar
8 Chandigarh 16 Imphal 24 Kochi 32 Patna 40 Thiruvananthapuram
Note(i) Allotment of centre will be on first apply first allot basis. Once capacity of one particular centre is attained, same shall be frozen.
(ii) Examination conducting body reserves the right to change the centre of examination at their discretion if, situation demands.
Total vacancies are 417 (Tentative). For detailed break up, refer notification released by UPSC dated 31 October 2018.
CDS 1/2019 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for CDS 2019 Examination is:
Candidate must belong to either of the following categories to be eligible for CDS 1/ 2019:
- Citizen of India;
- Subjects of Nepal and Bhutan;
- A refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st January 1962, and intended to permanently settle here;
- Migrants from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, and Zaire or Vietnam who came to India with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Certificate of eligibility must be present with candidates who are not citizens of India.
The candidates should be unmarried to be eligible for CDS 1/2019.
(i) For IMA & Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidate
(ii) For Air Force Academy: candidate below 25 Years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years are eligible to apply but during training neither they will be provided the married accommodation nor allowed to live with family out of premises.
Note : Male divorcee/ widower aspirant candidates shall not be treated as un-married male for the purpose of admission in IMA/INA &, accordingly , they are not eligible for these courses.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised Institution/University or equivalent for OTA and IMA;
- Candidates applying for INA must have a degree in Engineering from a recognized Institution/University;
- Candidates applying for AFA must have degree of recognized (with Physics and Maths at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Notes: (i) Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation or provisional degree on the date of commencement of interview at SSB.
(ii) Candidates who are studying in final year/ final semester of any required degree course ( as per laid down qualification norms) & yet to pass the degree can also apply provided candidate should not any backlog up to the last semester / year for which result has been declared.
Candidates must by physically (as per laid down norms) and mentally fit.
(For CDS 1/ 2019)
- For IMA and INA: The candidate must be born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2001.
- For OTA: The candidate must be born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2001.
- For OTA: The candidate must be born between 2nd January 1995 and 1st January 2001.
- For AFA: The candidate must be born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2000. Upper age limit is relaxable up to 26 years ( i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1994 and not later than 01st January 2000) in respect of those candidates who are holding current and valid commercial pilot license issued by DGCA ( INDIA).
For CDS 2/ 2019
- For IMA and INA: The candidate must be born between 2nd July 1996 and 1st July 2001.
- For OTA (Male): The candidate must be born between 2nd July 1996 and 1st July 2001.
- For OTA (Female): The candidate must be born between 2nd July 1995 and 1st July 2001.
- For AFA: The candidate must be born between 2nd July 1996 and 1st July
- Upper age limit is relaxable up to 26 years ( i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1994 and not later than 01st July 2000) in respect of those candidates who are holding current and valid commercial pilot license issued by DGCA ( INDIA).
- CDS 2019 Application Form
- Candidates will have to fill the CDS 2019 application form and submit it via online mode only.
- The CDS 2019 application form will be made available on the official website of UPSC from 31 Oct 2018 for CDS 1 and in the month of August 2019 for CDS 2.
- Candidates will be allowed to fill and submit the CDS 2019 application form till the month of 26 Nov 2018 for CDS 1 and till the month of September 2019 for CDS 2.
- A print out of the CDS 2019 application form must be taken for future reference.
The fee for CDS 2019 application form is Rs. 200 only for the male general candidates while female candidates and the candidates from the reserved categories (i.e.SC/ST) are exempted from payment of the fee. OBC applicants are not exempted & to pay full fees.
- Application Fee is neither transferable nor refundable under any circumstances.
- Application Fee can be submitted online via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking or offline via SBI bank challan.
- Applications submitted without prescribed fees/mode (except for those applicants who have claimed remission of fees) shall be summarily be rejected.
Documents to be Uploaded
The following documents must be kept at hand while filling the CDS 2019 application form:
- Scanned Photograph of the Candidate: JPG format – between 3-40 kb.
- Scanned Signature of the Candidate: JPG format – between 1-40 kb.
Steps of Applying
The broad steps for filling the CDS 2019 application form are as below: Visit the official website of UPSC,fill the required fields there, like name, father’s name, age, DOB, educational qualification, etc.
- Upload the photograph and signature in the format specified above.
- After filling all the necessary details, pay the application fees.
- Take a print out of the same for future reference.
CDS Admit Card 2019
Regarding the CDS admit card 2019, note the following Points:
- The CDS admit card 2019 is likely to be made available from 13 January 2019 for CDS 1 and in the month of October 2019 for CDS 2.
- Only e admit card will be made available on the official website through online mode only 03 weeks before the date of commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will have to enter their RID, DOB and registration number in order to download the CDS admit card 2019.
- Admit card will not be sent by post.
- Separate admit card will be provided for Interview and Personality Test.
- Candidates are required to enter the Examination Hall with their CDS admit card 2019, failing to do which they would not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- CDS 2019 EXAM SCHEME
The CDS 2019 exam scheme is comprises of the following:-
(i) Written Examination.
(ii) Interview for intelligence and personality test of the such candidates called for the interview.
- written Examination: (i) Duration of the examination will be 6 hours as per details tabulated below for : Indian Military Academy (IMA)
Indian Naval Academy (INA)
Air Force Academy (AFA)
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
(ii) Duration of the examination will be 4 hours as per details tabulated below for:
Officers Training Academy (OTA).
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
NOTES: (i) Type of Questions: There will only be objective questions (MCQs).
(ii) Total Marks: The total marks are 300 (200 for OTA).
(iii) Question papers ( Test booklet) of General Knowledge and elementary mathematics will be
- Marking Scheme: (i) All questions carry equal marks. 1/3 of the marks allotted to a question will be deducted for each wrong answer. There will be no negative marking for questions not attempted by the candidate.
(ii) If, candidate given more than one answer of any one question, it will be treated wrong answer even if one answer is correct. Further, penalty ,as detailed in serial(i) above, will be applicable.
INTERVIEW FOR INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST
The test consists of two stages selection process:
Stage I : It comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP &DT) . Candidates will be short listed for Stage II test based on combination of performance of OIR Test and PP&DT.
Stage II: It comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology tests and the Conference. These tests will be conducted over 04 days.For details of these tests go on website: https://joinindianarmy.nic.in
Note: (i) Interview will be of 300 marks for IMA, INA & AFA and of 200 marks for OTA.
(ii) Performance of the candidate is assessed holistically based on above tests.
CDS 2019 Answer Key
Regarding CDS answer key 2019, note the following:
- CDS answer key 2019 will be available on the official website of UPSC after the exam is over.
- The CDS answer key 2019 will contain all the correct answers to the questions asked.
- Students can tally their answers using the answer key.
- Candidates can download the CDS answer key 2019 from UPSC’s official website.
- Candidates can report any discrepancy in the answer key to the authority within a specified time period.
CDS 2019 Selection Procedure
About the CDS 2019 selection process, note the following:
(i) After the result declaration, the selection procedure of CDS 2019 will begin.
(ii) Candidates who declared qualified their written exam are required to register themselves on the RECRUITING DIRECTORATE website https://joinindianarmy.nic.in to receive call up for INTERVIEW.
(iii) The email ID registered on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and with UPSC should be same and unique.
(iv) Selected candidates will go for document verification and medical tests.
(v) The final merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in their written test as well as on their performance in the SSB test. (vi) Final candidates will be selected on the basis of their written exam, interview, document verification and medical reports.
(vii) For more information, candidates may visit joinindianarmy.nic.in.
CDS Result 2019
Regarding the CDS result 2019, the following points may be noted:
CDS result 2019 is likely to be announced in the month of May 2019 for CDS 1 and in the month of February 2019 for CDS 2.
- The CDS result 2019 would be available in their official website of UPSC.
- No hard copy of the result will be sent to the candidates.
- The candidates must download their CDS result 2019 and keep a print out of the same for future reference.
Following are some important links for CDS 2019 Examination:
|Application of Links||Links|
|CDS 2019 Official Brochure available at||http://www.upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notice-CDS-I-2019-English.pdf|
|CDS 2019 Official Login Portal||www.upsconline.nic.in|