Latest MU OET 2018 Updates
MU OET 2018 exam will commence from 19th April 2018 onwards.
MU OET 2018 Application portal is closed now.
What is MU OET?
MU OET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test) is an annually held national-level entrance examination conducted by Manipal University. MU OET is a gateway for admission to various UG (except MBBS/BDS) & PG courses at Manipal University. MU OET 2018 scores will be used for admitting candidates into various courses at Manipal, Jaipur, and Sikkim campuses. In 2017, 2 lakh students appeared for MU OET 2017.
Suggested: Read in detail about Manipal University.
Must Read: Learn in detail about MHT CET 2018
List of Content
- Important Dates.
- Number of Attempts.
- Date of Examination.
- Type of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- How to Apply?
- Slot Booking.
- Admit Card.
- Exam Pattern.
- Important Links.
MU OET 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Availability of Application Form||October 2017 – 26th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Slot Booking –1st & 2nd Attempt||31st March to 5th April 2018|
|Slot Booking –3rd attempt||9th May to 10th May 2018)|
|MU OET 2018 Exam date – 1st & 2nd Attempt||19th April to 9th May 2018|
|MU OET 2018 Exam date – 3rd Attempt||11th May 2018|
|MU OET 2018 Result Declaration||14th May 2018|
Number of Attempts
The number of attempts for MUOET 2018 Exam is limited to 03, against a single application.
Consider a candidate who appears for MU OET 2018 and finds his/her performance to be unsatisfactory then, such a candidate can choose to reattempt MU OET 2018 by paying the exam fee. This attempt will be considered his/her 2nd attempt. Similar to this, he/she can take another attempt, namely the 3rd attempt.
Type of Examination
MUOET exam (Manipal University Online Entrance Test) is an online test (computer-based test).
MU OET 2018 Exam Date
The MU OET 2018 exam will be conducted over a time span of 1 month, beginning from 19th April to 9th May 2018. Applicants can appear for the 3rd attempt on 11th May 2018.
Candidates have the luxury to select a particular time, date and city to appear for the exam.
MU OET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates must have secured minimum 50% in Physics, mathematics, and Chemistry/biology/biotechnology in 10+2 exam or equivalent.
The MUOET eligibility criteria cite that the candidate should have studied Physics, Mathematics, and English in 12th.
MU OET Score
In order to be eligible for counseling, candidates need to secure at least 50% marks in MUOET 2018.
MU OET 2018 Application Form
MU OET 2018 registrations are closed now.
Candidates will have to register for MU OET 2018 via the official website.
Visit the link https://apply.manipal.edu to apply for the same.
The application fee for MU OET test 2018 is detailed below in the table present.
|Application fee||Rs. 600|
|Exam fee||Rs. 1400|
The prescribed registration fee can be paid online via either of the following:
- Credit Card/Debit Card issued by banks in India.
- Internet Banking.
Candidates can also pay the fee offline by Demand Draft (DD).
In Favor of: “Manipal University“.
Payable at: Manipal/Udupi.
Enter the DD No in the application form & send it to the following address:
Room No. 102,
Manipal – 576 104
Documents to be kept ready
Candidates are required to keep the following documents ready before filling out the application form:
- Digital photograph – JPG or JPEG format.
- Scanned Signature.
Steps of Applying
- Visit https://apply.manipal.edu to begin MU OET 2018 registration.
- Start registering yourself on the website by providing the information asked. Upon completing this step, candidates will be emailed their User ID & password to complete rest of the application.
- Using the ID & password emailed to you, log into your account at the same website.
- After logging in, complete step 2 where the applicant has to provide his/her contact details.
- On Step 3, the candidate needs to enter his/her educational details.
- At Step 4, candidates are required to pay the application fee of Rs. 2,000 and choose the program he/she wants to apply for.
- Finally, applicants will be presented with the completed application form. Take a printout of this form and keep it for future reference.
If Payment has been made Offline, then send the completed application form with DD to above-mentioned address.
MU OET 2018 Slot Booking
- Once the MUOET application is filled, candidates have to select the test center as well as the date and time slot as per their convenience to appear for the entrance exam.
- MU OET 2018 slot booking will begin from the 4th week of March 2018 for 1st & 2nd attempt. Moreover, for the 3rd attempt, booking shall commence in the 3rd week of May 2018.
- Since, the test center, date and time slot for the exam is booked in a first come first serve basis, it is advised to book the slot ASAP.
- Once booked, candidates do not have the luxury of changing their timings under any circumstances.
MU OET 2018 Hall Ticket
Candidates can access their MU OET 2018 admit card (e-hall ticket) 24 hours after booking their schedule. Candidates can download the admit card for MUOET 2018 by filling their registration number and password.
The e-hall ticket will also be emailed to candidates on their respective email addresses mentioned by them while submitting the application form.
MU OET 2018 Exam Pattern
MU OET 2018 will be 2.5 hours long computer-based test (CBT). A total of 200 questions will be presented, each carrying 1 mark, with no negative marking.
Questions will be drawn from following subjects:
- Physics – 50Qs.
- Chemistry – 50Qs.
- Mathematics – 70Qs.
- English & Aptitude – 30Qs.
|Mode of Answering||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration of the examination||150 minutes (2.5 hours)|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
Each with four (4) options and only one (1) correct response.
Results for MU OET 2018 will be declared in the 14th May 2018.
|Application of Link||Link|
|MU OET 2018 Official website||https://manipal.edu/mu/admission.html|
|MU OET 2018 Information Brochure||–|
|MU OET Results portal||Yet to be Published.|
|Exam Centres Available||Yet to be Released.|
|MU OET 2018 Official Syllabus||Yet to be published|