DAIICT, Gandhinagar is a deemed technical university based in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. B.Tech admissions at DAIICT are based on candidate’s performance in JEE (Main) 2016 (For Indian Candidates). For NRI/FN candidates, various criteria come into play. The article describes admission procedure for both Indian & NRI candidates. For more details on DAIICT, click here.
Following criteria define the eligibility of a candidate.
- Date of Birth (DOB)
The applicant should be born on or after 1st 1991 in order to be eligible for DAIICT Admissions.
- Qualifying Examination
The applicant must have passed the 10+2 examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology as subjects from a school located in India.
- JEE (Main) – 2016
It is obligatory for candidates to appear for JEE (Main) – 2016 in order to apply for DAIICT admissions.
As DAIICT is located in Gujarat state, 50% of the total available seats are reserved for applicants who have passed the 10+2 (Qualifying Exam) exam from schools located in Gujarat state. Remaining 50 % seats are filled by candidates outside the Gujarat state; this quota is called the All India Quota. Under the All India Quota, reservation policy is followed.
Basis of Selection
First and foremost requirement is applying for DAIICT admissions. A candidate must apply (through DAIICT website) in order to be considered for admission. Candidates will be selected based on their performance in JEE (Main) – 2016 Paper 1. A merit list of all applicants is prepared based on the JEE (Main) – 2016 All India Rank (AIR). Candidate with the lowest AIR is most preferred.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, the candidate must fill an application form available on the DAIICT admissions portal. The fee for this application form is Rs. 1200/-. The application fee can be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/Paytm Wallet.
Before filling the form, the candidate should be ready with a scanned passport size photo of himself.
Steps of filling the form
- Follow the link http://ugadmissions.daiict.ac.in/home.aspx which takes you to DAIICT admissions portal.
- Read the instructions shown and click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
- Read the instructions shown on the screen, and tick the checkbox below and click on the “Apply” button at the end.
- You will see the application form. Fill up the requisite fields with valid entries and click on “Continue to Payment”.
- Upon successful payment, the candidate will be directed to an acknowledgement screen. If this doesn’t happen, restart your browser and search for your application using your JEE roll no. on http://ugadmissions.daiict.ac.in/search.aspx. If your payment status is indicated as failed, then you have to reapply.
Keep a copy of the acknowledgement page safe with you for future reference. Applicants do not need to send anything to the DAIICT campus after successful submission of application.
|Online application starting date.||11th April 2016.|
|Last Date of filling Online Application.||30th June 2016.|
|First Merit List.||7th July 2016.|
Follow the link http://admissions.daiict.ac.in/pages/btech.html for more details.
Who is an NRI?
- One whose passport indicates his/her NRI status.
- Bears an NRI certificate, issued by the Indian Embassy of the country where the candidate is residing.
- The candidate is an “Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)” card holder.
- The candidate has studied 10th and 12th in a school located outside India.
- Any one of the applicant’s parent submits documentary evidence showing his NRI status. NRI status must be valid till 1st August 2016.
A Foreign National (FN) is a person who has a citizenship of a country other than India.
- Applicant must be born on or after 1st October 1991.
- Should have passed the qualifying examination (12th standard) with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology/Biotechnology as subjects and a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 GPA on a 10-point scale.
- Applicants have to submit the documents proving that they have passed the qualifying exam (12th standard) by 31st Oct 2016. Failing to do so will cancel their admissions.
The selection process at DAIICT for FN candidates involves following parameters:
- Performance in Qualifying Exam (12th Standard).
- Performance in any one of the following exams:
- SAT Subject Test in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- AP Tests at level – A in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- JEE (Main) – 2016 exam conducted by CBSE, New Delhi.
- Equivalent of SAT or AP in the UK in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
Candidates have to E-Mail the scanned copy of either of the above exam’s scorecard along with 12th standard scores to email@example.com latest by 1st July 2016. In case the candidate doesn’t have one, then he/she can e-mail scanned copy of transcripts of the last two examinations i.e. 11th standard and first semester of 12th standard.
How to Apply?
All candidates applying under the NRI/FN Quota must send a duly filled application form along with necessary documents and application fee of $ 250 latest by 30th June 2016 to the following address.
International Students’ Cell,
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology,
Near Indroda Circle,
Gandhinagar – 382 007, Gujarat, India.
The format of application form is available for download on the link http://admissions.daiict.ac.in/pages/UG_DAFS_2016.pdf.
A candidate must send the following documents along with the application form:
- Authenticated transcripts of marks/grades secured in exams leading up to Qualifying examination.
- Documents indicating candidate’s NRI/FN status.
|Last date of Receiving Complete Application||30th June 2016|
|Last Date of submission of SAT score||1st July 2016|
|Sending of admission letter||3rd June 2016|
|Last date of Receiving admission fee||6th July 2016|
How to pay the Application Fee ?
The Application fee is to be paid via Bank transfer in the name of “Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology” with ICICI Bank Pvt. Ltd, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Other related Details are:
Account No.: 016501013975
NEFT/RTGS/IFSC Code: ICIC0000165
Do visit the link http://admissions.daiict.ac.in/pages/btech_international.html for more details.