Last updated on October 15th, 2017 at 12:19 am
Read in detail about CLAT 2018
CLAT 2017 results have been published now. Click on the link https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1049/51347/login.html.
Answer key for CLAT 2017 has been published. Follow the link https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1049/51347/login.html for viewing the answer key.
Candidates can download their admit cards from the link https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1049/51347/login.html.
Application portal for CLAT 2017 is closed now.
CLAT or Common Law Admission Test is a joint entrance exam for all UG and PG admissions at 18 NLUs (National Law Colleges). The entrance exam was born in the year 2008 after a long-standing need for the same was felt. Since inception, each year the exam is conducted by one of the 18 NLUs on a rotation basis. This year the exam will be conducted by Chanakya National Law University, Patna. As of 2015, as much as 45,000 students took the exam.
Also, Read Journey of the legend called Abraham Lincoln from a failure to America’s President.
List of Contents
- The medium of Question Paper.
- Mode of Answering.
- Date of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Application Process.
- Exam Format.
- Admit Cards.
- Important Date.
- Previous Years Papers.
Medium of Question Paper
The language of CLAT exam 2017 (for both UG & PG) question paper will be ENGLISH only.
Mode of Answering
CLAT exam 2017 is a computer-based test wherein the question paper is presented on a computer screen and candidate answers everything via mouse/keyboard.
Date of Examination
CLAT exam 2017 for both UG and PG admissions will be held on 14th May 2017 from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
For UG Programs Admissions
- Age: Candidates must be below 20 years (22 years for SC/ST/OBC/Physically disabled) of age as on 1st July 2017.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must have secured at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in 10+2 exam.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in 2017 are also eligible.
For PG Programs Admissions
- Age: There is no age limit (upper or lower).
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must have scored at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) in LL.B/5-year integrated LL.B (Hons.)/equivalent exam.
- Candidates must have successfully appeared for the final exams of qualifying examination at the time of admission.
Discover the top 5 foreign lands excellent for higher Education.
How to Apply?
The application fee for CLAT exam 2017 is Rs. 4,000 (Rs. 3500 for SC/ST) for General category/OBC/SAP candidates.
The application fee can be paid through Debit card/Credit Card/net banking only.
- Scanned front-facing passport sized color photograph. Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm in JPEG format not more than 100 kb in size.
- Scanned signature in JPEG format not more than 80 kb in size.
The application portal for CLAT exam 2017 is currently closed.
The process of applying for CLAT exam 2017 can be summed up in the following steps:
The first and foremost important step of CLAT exam 2017 application is registration. This begins with following the link https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1049/51347/Registration.html. At the page that opens up, the candidate is asked about his/her personal details and a valid Phone number and email id. Upon successful submission, the candidate will receive an email and SMS informing about this LOGIN Id and password. Keep these two facts safe for future logins.
- Main Application Form: At this stage, the candidate will be asked about his/her personal details and the preference order among the 18 NLUs. Please refer to each NLUs brochure before selecting and locking the order.
- Uploading Documents: To complete your application for CLAT exam 2017, the candidate will be asked to upload scanned copies of passport sized photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm – JPEG – 100kb) and signature (JPEG – 80kb) and document for scribe (if under SAP category).
- Payment: After successfully putting up details and uploading documents, the candidate has to proceed with payment of application fee i.e. Rs. 4,000 (Rs. 3,500 for SC/ST) and finally download and take printouts of acknowledgment form for all future references.
Candidate must not send anything to CLAT exam 2017 office under any circumstances.
For UG Programs
For UG programs, CLAT exam 2017 will be a 2-hour long test comprising of 200 questions. Each question will carry 1 mark each making it a 200 marks paper. For each wrong answer, a penalty of 0.25 marks will be made. The whole paper will be divided into 5 sections:
Section A: English including Comprehension (40 marks).
Section B: General Knowledge and Current Affairs (50 marks).
Section C: Elementary Mathematics (20 marks).
Section D: Legal Aptitude (50 marks).
Section E: Logical Reasoning (40 marks).
For PG Programs
In the case of PG programs, CLAT 2017 shall be a 2-hour long test comprising of 150 questions in total. Each question will constitute 1 mark making the total of 150 marks. For every incorrect answer, a deduction of 0.25 marks will be made.
The paper will comprise of questions from following areas of law:
- Constitutional Law (50 questions).
- Jurisprudence (50 questions).
- Other law subjects such as Contract, torts, Criminal Law, International law, Environment law and Human rights (50 questions).
Discover the secrets to a healthy mind and diet for students.
CLAT exam 2017 admit cards can be downloaded via the link www.clat.ac.in from 20th April 2017 till the exam date.
CLAT exam 2017 results will be published on www.clat.ac.in on 29th May 2017.
|Online Registration for CLAT exam 2017||1st January – 31st March 2017|
|Download of Admit Cards||20th April 2017 onwards|
|CLAT exam 2017 Exam Date||14th May 2017 (3:00 PM – 5:00 PM)|
|CLAT exam 2017 results||29th May 2017.|
Previous Years Question Paper
Registered candidates can download previous years CLAT question papers by paying a sum of Rs. 400 to CLAT conducting authority. This facility is officially made by CLAT conducting body and is available on CLAT exam 2017 official website.
|Application of link||Link|
|CLAT 2017 official website||http://clat.ac.in/|
|Syllabus & Pattern UG||http://clat.ac.in/files/PATTERN%20OF%20QUESTION%20PAPERS%20FOR%20ADMISSION%20TO%20UG%20COURSE%20IN%20CLAT.pdf|
|Syllabus & Pattern PG||http://clat.ac.in/files/PATTERN%20OF%20QUESTION%20PAPERS%20FOR%20ADMISSION%20TO%20PG%20COURSE%20IN%20CLAT.pdf|