Nirma University is an educational institute in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It is a self – financed deemed university established with a vision of uplifting education standards in India by the Nirma Group of Industries (popular for its washing powder Nirma ad). Like every other university in India, Nirma University’s glorious journey also began with the establishment of an engineering school in 1995. This engineering school was soon followed by the addition of a management institute in 1996 & a diploma college in 1997. Initially, all the three institutes were affiliated to Gujarat University. But with the foundation of Nirma University in 2003, all the three institutes came under the umbrella of Nirma University. At present, Nirma University encapsulates 7 institutes within itself, all of which are indispensable to their respective fields.
List of Contents
- University Location.
- Affiliated Institutes.
- Admission Process.
- Applying to Nirma University.
- Branches Offered.
- Fee Structure.
Nirma University is located on the Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway (NH – 8C). The distance of university from various important places are as follows.
Airport: 14 Km.
Railway station: 20 Km.
Bus Station: 20 Km.
Institutes of Nirma University
Nirma University, Ahmedabad is a home to following 7 institutions.
- Institute of Technology.
- Institute of Law.
- Institute of Pharmacy.
- Institute of Management.
- Institute of Commerce.
- Institute of Architecture and Planning.
- Institute of Science.
- Department of Design.
A candidate aspiring for admission to Nirma University may fall under one of the three listed categories.
- Students with Gujarat Domicile
Candidates applying under this category should check the website of Admission Committee for Professional Courses, Govt. of Gujarat (click on this to see their website). Students applying under this category aren’t supposed to fill an application form separately.
- All India Quota (35% seats)
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- The applicant should have passed 12th standard from a school located in India (including Gujarat). The candidate should have studied 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The applicant must have appeared for JEE (Main) – 2016.
- The minimum percentage in 12th is decided by ACPC. So keep following ACPC website.
- NRI / NRI Sponsored Candidates
- Who is an NRI?
- A candidate is considered an NRI if his passport indicates his/her NRI status.
- Bears a certificate of NRI issued by Indian Embassy of the country where the candidate is residing.
- The candidate is an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card holder.
- The candidate has studied 10th and 12th in a school located outside India.
- Eligibility for NRI Candidate
- If a candidate fulfills all the above conditions i.e. he/she is an NRI then he/she is exempted from appearing for JEE (Main) – 2016.
- Eligibility for NRI Sponsored Candidate
- Applicant must have passed the QE in India.
- Applicant must have appeared for JEE (Main) – 2016.
- The applicant has to produce a sponsorship letter from the NRI who will bear his/her expenses. Applicant should also produce documentary evidence showing the NRI status of the sponsor.
This article is completely centered on B.Tech admissions. There is a total of 840 seats distributed over 8 specialties/branches. A candidate can apply for admission under one of the three categories below.
- Students with Gujarat Domicile (50% seats)
50% of the total available seats are reserved for candidates having a Gujarat domicile. Such candidates are supposed to apply through ACPC website. Follow the link http://www.jacpcldce.ac.in/ for more details.
- All India Quota (35% seats)
A total of 294 seats or 35% of the total seats are filled by candidates under the All India Quota category. Such a candidate is required to appear for JEE (Main) – 2016 to be considered eligible under this category. Such candidates have to register themselves on Nirma University’s website on or before 23rd June 2016. Detailed procedure for registration is written below.
- NRI / NRI Sponsored Candidates (15% seats)
Out of 840 seats, a small chunk of seats i.e. 126 seats are reserved for NRI students or the ones sponsored by an NRI.
The Application fee for students applying under various categories is as follows:
- All India Quota students: Rs. 350 /- (Candidates with schools in Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadar Nagar Haveli).
: Rs. 1200/- (Candidates with schools outside the above states).
- NRI/NRI sponsored Candidates: Rs. 350/- (Surprisingly!!).
- All India Quota students
Opening Date: 21st April 2016.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2016.
- NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidates
Availability of forms: 12th May 2016.
Closing Date: Ask ACPC.
Before you begin, please keep scanned copies of following documents ready:
- Passport size Photograph.
- Admit card of JEE (Main) – 2016.
- Follow the link to open the application portal http://admissions.nirmauni.ac.in/CampusLynxNU/onindex.html.
- Click on Admission Registration button to begin the process. A small box will pop up asking you your email ID. Enter a valid Email ID please and click on submit.
- A password will be sent to the Email-ID submitted above. Using this password along with the email id, login into the admission portal.
- You will ask to change your password. After entering a suitable new password, you will see a page with only a single link “New application”. Click on this link and continue.
- Enter the Institute you are applying for, the program you are applying for and the category under which you are applying.
- At this stage, you will be seeing Instructions for filling the application form. Read them carefully and then proceed.
- The application form has 7 stages. These 7 stages include the following.
- Personal Information
- Upload Photo
- Qualification Details
- Entrance Exam
- Program Preferences
- Upload Documents
- Payment Details
The above stages are self – Explanatory. Hence, we have not described them.
As mentioned earlier, Nirma University’s Institute of Technology offers a total of 8 trades. These include the following.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Computer Science Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Information Technology Engineering.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
|Category||Tuition Fees (Annual)||Other Fees (Annual)||Total|
|All India Quota||Rs. 1,51,000||Rs. 9,600||Rs. 1,60,600|
|NRI/NRI Sponsored||$ 5,000||Rs. 5,000||$ 5,000 + Rs. 5,000|
At the time of admission, a candidate is supposed to pay Rs. 6400/- more. Out of this 6400, Rs. 5000/- is refundable. This expense is same for NRI/NRI sponsored candidates.
Nirma University is spread over a 110 – acre area on the outskirts of Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
The campus has a great picturesque landscape and a serene aura of an educational center. Each and every feature of the university seems to complement each other’s presence, garnering a disciplined look. The campus houses marvelous internet
facility with every niche of the institute connected to a high-speed Wi-Fi network. The campus also has a sports complex, hostels, a library and many life soothing facilities.
Nirma University has a really great library. It is so great that the University website has a separate page describing it. Unlike many universities, Nirma University’s library has almost every medium through which knowledge can be acquired. Be it VHS, CD-ROMs, DVD, the Internet and all those mediums that I am not aware of, it has everything. Like every other library in the world, it has books. But unlike every other university, it has a book available on every title!! So, basically, it is a Wikipedia inside a room.
Nirma University has all the major sports facilities.
Cut – Offs
|Branch||JEE Main 2015 All India Rank|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||86,304|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||1,62,758|
Please like, share and follow us on Facebook and other social platforms. You can also comment below in the case of any query or suggestion.