Candidates can download their admit cards for BITSAT 2017 from the link http://projects.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatht2017apr15/default.aspx.
Application form for BITSAT 2017 is closed now.
BITSAT is an annual computer based entrance test for admission to various courses at BITS, Pilani and its sister campuses at Hyderabad and Goa. The BITSAT tradition was born in 2005 when the decision was taken to scrap the 30 years old convention of selecting candidates based on 10+2 score. Using BITSAT score, a candidate may apply for engineering, MSc programs, and B.Pharma at BITS campuses. In 2015, approximately 1.9 lakhs students appeared for BITSAT, out of which only 2,000 students were admitted, making it one of the toughest exams in the country.
A little about BITS, Pilani
BITS or Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, is premier engineering university located at Pilani, Rajasthan owned and managed by the Birla education Trust (Owned by the Aditya Birla Group). Since ages, the institute has been a part of India’s elite “top 10 engineering colleges” Gang and because of this stature, BITS is commonly called “an IIT in disguise” by certain students.
Read in detail about BITSAT 2018 exam.
Table of Contents
- Date of Examination.
- Medium of Examination.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- Application Procedure.
- Test Center Allotment.
- Test Date Booking.
- Exam Pattern.
- Hall Ticket.
- Admission Application.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers.
- Important Dates.
- Information Brochure.
Date of Examination
BITSAT 2017 will be a computer based test (CBT) or ONLINE exam.
BITSAT 2017 tests will take place over a span of 15 – days from 16th May 2017 to 30th May 2017. A candidate can choose one of the dates out of these 15 days for the exam.
Medium Of Examination
The medium of BITSAT 2017 question paper shall be ENGLISH. BITSAT 2017 will not be offered in any language other than English under any circumstance.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 12th standard with a minimum aggregate of 75% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually.
- Number of Attempts: A total of 02 attempts are given to each candidate. The first attempt can be used in the year of passing 12th standard and a 2nd attempt is available in the year following the qualifying exam year.
- Improvement exam: Candidates who have given improvement exam or repeated 12th standard can use only their latest score card, provided they have appeared in all subjects.
Must Read: See the list of top 50 engineering colleges in India, prepared by EduPadhai.
The application fee for BITSAT 2017 was Rs. 2750/- for male candidates and Rs. 2250/- for female candidates. Candidates had to pay this fee amount via one of the 3 methods:
- Credit/Debit Cards.
- Cash payment at ICICI Bank Branches through the Pay-in-slip generated.
For candidates who wanted to appear for BITSAT 2017 from Dubai center, an amount of $ 60 (same for male and females) were to be paid as application fees.
The application process for BITSAT 2017 would be completely an ONLINE process. No offline forms were available for BITSAT 2017.
The application portal is currently closed. Following steps were involved the process.
- Follow the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/ to begin the application process.
- Read all the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Enter your full name, Gender, Date of Birth and Email Id to register yourself. Upon successful registration, a unique application number will be generated. Please keep this number safe for future prospects.
- After registration, candidates are supposed to fill the application form which could be found on the above link.
- Choose the payment option of your choice and proceed with the payment.
- Upon successful payment and submission of form, an acknowledgment slip is generated. Save this for future references.
The last date of applying for BITSAT 2017 was 6th March 2017 (5:00 PM).
Candidates were given a chance to edit/correct their application form after the last date. This time period for correction began from 7th March and ended on 10th March 2017.
Test Center allotment
Upon successfully applying for BITSAT 2017, candidates will be allotted a test center based on the preferences entered in the application form. Test centers will be allotted on 15th March 2017 and will be published online. Candidates can check the test center allotted to them at http://projects.bitsadmission.com/BITSAT/bitsat2017cityallotmentx/Default.aspx.
Booking a Test Date
Candidates who successfully applied for BITSAT 2017 were given a chance to book the Test date of their choice. The booking began from 20th March 2017 and ended on 5th April 2017. The booking procedure was a first-come-first-serve process.
BITSAT 2017, like previous BITSATs, will be a computer-based exam. BITSAT 2017 shall be a 3-hour long test (without any break). A total of 150 questions will be presented to each candidate, divided into 4 sections. These 4 sections include the following:
Section A: Physics – 40 questions.
Section B: Chemistry – 40 questions.
Section C: English and Logical proficiency – 15+10 questions.
Section D: Mathematics – 45 questions.
For each correct answer submitted by the candidate, he/she will be awarded 3 marks whereas, for incorrect responses, 1 mark will be deducted.
An Extraordinary feature
If a candidate somehow is able to answer all 150 questions before the given 180 minutes, then such a candidate can choose to attempt another 12 questions in the remaining time.
These questions will be of PCM only and are meant to identify the extraordinary geniuses in the crowd. Marking scheme for these questions is same as above. Marks obtained via these 12 questions will be added to the total marks and hence could be beneficial in scoring higher.
Candidates who have successfully booked their test slot can download their admit card/hall ticket from the link http://projects.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatht2017apr15/default.aspx.
As soon as the candidate completes his/her BITSAT 2017 test, marks obtained will be presented to the candidate on his/her computer screen.
However, the final list comprising admitted candidates and the waitlisted ones will be published on 1st July 2017.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
Since 1964, BITS, Pilani has followed the scheme of offering direct admission to the toppers of various central and state boards. Candidates selected under this category are allotted program of their choice irrespective of his/her BITSAT score. A candidate applying under this category should fulfill the following criteria:
- Should be the topper of a recognized board.
- Should have obtained the highest aggregate score of his/her board out of all students who have studied PCM in 12th standard in 2017. The aggregate score will be calculated by considering all the subjects required to pass the 12th standard exam as prescribed by the respective Board. Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th standard along with other subjects.
Know about the top 5 foreign lands best for higher education.
All candidates interested in admission at BITS campuses are advised to send a filled in admission application with 12th scores and program preferences to BITS, Pilani. Interested candidates must have appeared for BITSAT 2017 and must fulfill the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.
The application form will be made available on BITSAT website for download from 20th May 2017 until 30th June 2017. Candidates will have to send this application form along with requisite documents to the following address so as to reach on or before 30th June 2017.
The Dean (Admissions)
BITS, Pilani – 333 031 Rajasthan
Appearing for BITSAT 2017 and scoring well does not mean that the candidate will be considered for admission to BITS. An admission application is a necessity if you want yourself to be considered for admission to BITS.
|Submission of Online application form||till 6th March 2017|
|Editing the application form||7th – 10th March 2017|
|Allotment of Test centre||15th March 2017|
|Reserving test dates||20th March – 5th April 2017|
|Hall ticket downloading||15th April – 10th May 2017|
|BITSAT 2016 Exams||16th May – 30th May 2017|
The information brochure for BITSAT 2017 is available for download at http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/BITSAt_2017_Brochure.pdf?id=new.
Please follow us on facebook for all future updates of the education world. Also, comment below if you have any queries or suggestions regarding your career or our site.